“Most Comfortable Place I've stayed in the Area”

Residence Inn Springfield
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Allen, Texas
“Most Comfortable Place I've stayed in the Area”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I've been spending over 50 nights a year in Springfield, MO for almost 15 years. I've stayed at a variety of properties over the years. This one, however, is by far the most comfortable. I only discovered the Residence Inn last Spring. I wish I'd found it much sooner. The rooms have every amenity you could need. The staff is friendly, proficient, and flexible. The property is maintained very well. The location is great in that the busy parts of town are all easily accessible, but the proptery itself is not in any of them so traffic is not much of a problem. Breakfast is good quality with above average variety. In short, This property scores high on every measure.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Larrytru
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments and for choosing our hotel for your stay while in Springfield. We are so pleased you finally found us! We are also quite happy that you are enjoying all our hotel has to offer. Hopefully you will continue to choose us during your future trips to Springfield.

Best Regards,

Marc Foreman, C.H.A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Naperville, IL>
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Loved our one night stay. Beautiful property and the food was great, something to please everyone, plenty of fresh fruit and healthy options, also waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and much more. Great coffee. Very clean and fresh, nice pool. We look forward to staying here again when we go to Branson. We will never stay in the Branson location again...it's scuzzy and nothing like this beautiful property. It's worth the half hour drive to stay at this location. Be sure to check out Lambert's Cafe close by...really great food and a fun experience for the family:)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank azcarrie
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 17 August 2011
Thank you so much for the kid words of praise.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and all that is has to offer. It means a lot to us when we succeed in creating the prefect stay for our guests. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Springfield and Branson.

san antonio
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Our wedding party enjoyed the Residence Inn immensely! Not only was our suite large enough for my whole family, we were able to save money during our stay with the full kitchens. We also rented one of the meeting rooms off the lobby for the reception which was quite convenient. The catering staff had everything set up perfectly. The pork loin was delightful and the slide show was a huge hit! We did not have to worry about packing up the LCD projector either. They had one for us to rent. It was headache free. Thank you Residence Inn! I wish we could have stayed longer

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank thines10
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I was worried when I turned off the elevator and my room was steps from the elevator door entrance. I was pleasantly surprised that the noise level was minimal. This is a perfect place to stay for business. Wireless internet worked great and there were mutliple places to sit and relax within the room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank 30somethingfemale
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 4 August 2011
Thank you!
I am so glad that you found we are not just perfect for Extended Stay guests but also a perfect fit for our Corporate Guests as well. I am pleased that you enjoyed our recently upgraded complimentary high speed internet. We hope you see again in the very near future! Be sure to remember us for your Conference, Catering, and Meeting needs as well.

St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Business or pleasure, this is the first hotel I check for when passing through the Missouri Ozarks. Springfield has so many good restaurants that we like to stay here on the way to Branson so we can dine at Ocean Zen, Flame or one of our other favorites. The Residence Inn is typical Marriott--comfortable, clean and good service--with a full kitchen, small deck and outdoor furniture and nice work areas.

Room Tip: A third or fourth floor room will definitely be quieter than the first level.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RickNStl
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Wow!
Thank you so much for the nice review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed all that our hotel has to provide. I can always tell that our full buffet breakfast is such an important part of our guest's enjoyment. Also, during this hot summer, the pool has been quite the refreshing break. We hope to see you again soon and we hope you enjoy the rest of the summer!

Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel is located on the South side of Springfield in a commercial area near the medical mile. It is a new facility. The front desk staff was polite and pleasant. The room was clean. We had a room with two queen beds in one room with a sleeper sofa in the living room area. There was a nice kitchen area as well. The pool was nice and clean. The breakfast buffet had lots of choices including eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, muffins and belgian waffles among other items. Overall, it was a very good experience.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank msbellamy
Thank you so much for the very kind words,
It is so nice to know when we have succeeded in making our guests happy. Our team works hard on ensuring our hotel stays ranked at the top of all Residence Inns by Marriott by providing the best service possible. We can not wait to see you again in the very near future!

Best Regards,

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I have had one of the worst stays of my life here. It is a very pretty facility, but the staff is very rude. Then, upon checking, be sure to check the small sign to the very far right by the plant. When you provide a card for "incidentals", it will be charged on a pro-rated, computer generated amount based upon the length of your stay. For me, I was staying here for a month and a half while training for my company. I get onto my account the next day to look, and guess what? A few hundred dollars worth of "authorizations" sitting there from Residence Inn. Worse part is, it put my account into the negative. So, I can't use my account for DAYS while this authorization clears, and--once it does--I will be short $60.00 for overdraft fees. Yes, it will subtract from your general ledger amount even though they say "Your account isn't actually being charged". When speaking with Residence Inn support, she actually chuckled and told me it was my fault and they wouldn't do anything about it.

So, I'm stuck 10 hours from home and can't use my bank account because hundreds of dollars in "authorizations" are there. No money to eat, go out, not even for gas. Thanks a lot Residence Inn, next time just put a sign on my door that says you don't give a crap about me or my company.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. There is an extended stay next door to this facility.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank danny_g28
Thank you for your comments regarding your current visit.
I am thankful that your company has continued to be a key partner with us and has continued to stay with us because of our comfortable furnishings, full hot breakfast buffet, great service, and wonderful atmosphere. I am also thankful that the contact with your valued company so graciously placed the corporate card on your account to cover your incidental expenses over your 30+ day stay. I wish you had given us a chance to remedy the situation by allowing us to contact your bank as we requested. Please know that we have not had any issue with the many other guests from your company and I am so sorry that you had issues with your debit card. I did speak with our accounting person and she apologizes if you mistook any of the conversation as a unprofessional. She may have been nervous because of the fowl lanquage being used. Please accept my sincere apologies and I do hope you enjoy the rest of your stay with us.