“Was it a fluke?”

Residence Inn Springfield
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 8 December 2006

I had stayed here the weekend previous and was so happy that I booked the same hotel for my next trip. Having previously left a glowing review for this hotel I was a little surprised by the room that I was in during my second stay.

What we liked:
good location (food, hwy access, etc)
comfortable bed and clean

What we didn't like?
loud noise from hallway - seemed like people were right in our room with us it was so loud
not very clean - the room we were in before (#228 if you want to ask for it, I certainly will if I stay here again) was spotless while this one (#204) was not so clean.
So much so that it seemed like it was a different hotel from last time I was there.
The parking lot had not been cleared after large snow which made walking to and from your car (and parking) treacherous due to icy conditions.
Also, don't get delivery, pick up your own food, from Zios unless you want to wait 45 minutes for delivery of cold food.
And the shower curtain was too close - no curved rod like the other room had.

I think this hotel is above average as I have stayed at many Residence Inns but I also think that the East side might be the older part of the building?? That could explain the vast difference from one room to the next.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
8  Thank JCSISEMORE
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2009

Thank you for your comments and I do apologize that your visit was not up to our normally very high standards. It does sound as if the huge snow storm caught us a bit off guard as well as the Italian Restaurant next door that delivers room service. I do hope that you will visit us again in the very near future and enjoy our brand new decor! Please do not hesitate to call me personally and I will ensure your next visit exceeds your expectations!

Sincere regards,

Marc Foreman

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Springfield

Reviewed 3 December 2006

Stayed over Thanksgiving, excellent establishment, very friendly and helpful staff. Suites are ideal for families as the living/eating/kitchen area is seperated from the main bedroom by a door-privacy. Good, warm breakfast served in the morning. Easy to find location, 44 -> 65 S -> 60 W, just off the highway at National Exit; you can see it from the highway, but you won't hear the highway. Will definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Capejoller
Reviewed 25 October 2006

This is the best hotel I have stayed at in Springfield, MO. I booked a two night stay in a one bedroom suite. Their rooms are very well appointed and clean. I loved the fact that they had two tv's. The kitchenette is a nice touch. They have the most comfortable beds. I haven't slept that well in a very long time.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank AndreaCaplin
Reviewed 21 January 2006

Good place to stay in Springfield, rooms very clean and service great. It gets a thumbs up from us.

Stayed: January 2006
4  Thank SGV
Reviewed 5 August 2005

It is a great place to stay. Good neighborhood, great service, clean, well maintained are just a few things to say about this place. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank Romans8
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 August 2004

Wow! What a wonderful hotel. Was visiting Springfield for the birth of my 1st grandchild and was looking for hotels close to the hospital. Our 1 bedroom suite was spacious and made you feel really at home. Separate bedroom & 2 tvs were perfect for my husband to rest while I watched tv in the living area without disturbing him. Even the towels made you feel at home. They were much higher quality than most of the hotels we've stayed in. I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Springfield.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Paxton, IL
Reviewed 23 March 2004

We first discovered Residence Inns by Marriott about 8 years ago on a trip to Branson, Missouri. We have family in and make a trip a couple times a year to Springfield Missouri and were tickled to death when the Residence Inn opened a few years ago. First of all, they offer great rates for state and federal government employees, AARP, etc. All the rooms are suites with full kitchens. My family of seven always stay in the 1 bedroom suite with 2 queen beds, sofa bed, dinette set, desk, full kitchen, seperate vanity outside of the bathroom, and 2 TVs with plenty of channel choices and the option to purchase movies or video games. The lobby is gorgeous with huge overstuffed leather seating, large brick fireplace, office area for business travelers, and big screen TV. Can't beat the hot breakfast served daily or the evening social hour and BBQ's. The local paper is free each day in the lobby.
There is a small excercise room with wirlpool. My only complaint is that the swimming pool is outdoors which disappoints the kids when we visit off season. The pool area also includes several nice patio tables with umbrellas, and the dual basketball/tennis court and additional whirlpool. The staff is friendly although we have had some minor service and cleanliness issues involving the housekeeping staff.
Example, items from previous guests left in the fridge or dirty dishes from previous guests left in dishwasher. Although the desk is staffed 24 hours a day there will be a delay for items such as extra pillows, soap, coffee, etc requested after the housekeeping staff goes home for the day. I recommend this hotel to all visiting Springfield Missouri.
I'm going back next month for 3 more nights. I've stopped looking for other places to stay while in Springfield.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2009

Thank you for the rave reviews! Our team loves to know when we have WOWed our guests. Thank you for the comment also on the overnight service. We now staff two people overnight to ensure prompt servive of supplies to the suites. We look forward to your next visit!

Sincere regards,