“Nice front desk staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites, Springfield
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

On our trip from Texas to pick up a new car in Illinios, we stopped here to spend the night. Front desk staff very nice and accommodating. Nice touch by calling after a while to check in us. We were having trouble with TV volume control. They came down right away to correct. Front reception area nicely decorated for Christmas. Fresh popcorn available. Clean room and lots of fresh fruit for breakfast. Extremely nice hostess in breakfast area. Greets guests, provides assistance, brought mints. Just little extra special touches make a big difference. Thank you, Hampton.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed here after the first day of travel on our trip to Arkansas and on the last day. Everything was perfect both time--easy arrival and check-in, clean and warm rooms, cookies and snacks in the lobby, suggestions and reservations made for restaurants, excellent breakfast, and very easy check-out.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Beds are not very comfortable. Most Hampton Hotels have quality beds that is what they are known for this Hotel does not. Everything else was great. Clean rooms, great service but sleeping on a hard bed makes the experience poor. We had three rooms, one was a suite all of the beds were uncomfortable some family members slept on the couch it was more comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have stayed at a lot on Hamton's and they rank from 5 stars to 1. This one is good. Clean, good staff and well taken care of. They keep everything updates so nothing looks ran down. Rooms are clean and new TV and device charging station. Pool looked great and I wish I had my kids here to play in it. Workout room was small but clean and comfortable. The bathroom in my room could use a little work but the staff made up for it so my rating is 5 "dots".

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We are Hilton diamond members and have stayed in many properties. This is one of the nicer ones! Seems well run, clean, attractive and hospitable. Can't ask for more...unless it would be cheaper rates. The Hampton Inn hotels are seemingly getting more expensive and some are getting more run down.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Hotel and staff were really nice. The hotel has a nice lobby, work out facility and really nice pool area. The only issue was a musty smell in the room. I think it was a minimul issue since the rest of the hotel smelled good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I took a few days off and drove to Springfield for some R&R. We stayed at this Hampton Inn for three evenings and it was perfect! I wanted to stay someplace that was comfortable and with easy access to the town; since I had no agenda, I also wanted a hotel with a nice pool area. We got it all! Our room was close to the pool and most of the time I had it all to myself. I greatly enjoyed just hanging out in that glorious spot, drifting in and out of both the pool and whirlpool. I didn't use the fitness center as it wasn't up to the usual standards; most Hamptons have free weights too, and this didn't. But, our room was large and clean. It did not have a fridge, but the front desk was kind enough to send one down for our stay. The lobby was spacious, as was the breakfast area. And, the breakfast was wonderful. We are both vegetarian, and the staff was kind enough to fix eggs for us without meat. Hotel staff, as a whole, were wonderful! All in all, we had a great time and would definitely stay there again if we return to Springfield!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple