“Cleanest ever experienced, wonderful hot breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites, Springfield

Hampton Inn & Suites, Springfield
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Glenview, Illinois
“Cleanest ever experienced, wonderful hot breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

This was our 1st stay at a Hampton Inn - now we only stay at Hampton Inns. It was the cleanest hotel we've ever stayed at and very nice, up-to-date accomodations. The breakfast buffet (included) was superb - hot and plenty to choose from. Couldn't have asked for anything more! Overall, very clean and comfortable. And we consider ourselves very picky!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

This is the nicest Hampton Inn I've visited, and reasonably priced. A quiet, comfortable, well appointed room, convenient to the interstate, with an indoor pool and exercise facilties, and a better than average breakfast featuring waffles, eggs, ham, fruit salad, bananas, apples, sliced fresh strawberries, oatmeal, several yogurts, cereals and pastries. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Turlock, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

My husband and I like to travel different places. In this trip we decided to check out Midwest area. We were tired from our long flight from Sacramento to Springfield. When we got to the front desk ladies are very nice and very friendly. We felt so welcome on this hotel. The next morning, we had breakfast and the ladies at the breakfast were so friendly. The housekeeping are friendly as well. The room was very clean and spacious. We will definetely come back and stay at this hotel in our future travel to springfield...

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

This is the best hotel. I came to Springfield with my husband passing through, we stopped off at the Hampton because it was right off I-44. The rooms were very clean and the staff was super helpful and friendly. We were very tired and it was nice to be greated with such hospitality! Their breakfast was great and I loved the look of their lobby! Overall, I had no complaints and I would reccommend it to my closest friends!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Pensacola
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

Stayed here for two nights, one heading out west and once coming back. Had made reservations in advance using Hilton Honors points. The first stop was better than the second night . . .during the first stop the room was not damp, but the room was on the second floor. The second night, our room was on the ground floor, and the dampness was noticeable when we walked into the room. It was very late and we were very tired, so we didn't request to be moved. If ever in the Springfield area, I would probably stay here again but request to be on the second floor.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Kansas City, MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

I travel weekly for business and usually stay at another hotel when in Springfield, MO. They were full this week so I booked the Hampton on North Glenstone based on Trip Advisor reviews. Boy- did they steer me wrong.

If I were sleeping in the lobby this hotel might be fine but the rest of the hotel is gross. It smells wet which seems odd since the AC has been on for a couple months now. The carpet in my room was damp- disgusting. The bed was damp. The rooms are dated.

I stay at Hampton Inns all the time and this hotel is a huge disappointment.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jansenKansasCity_MO
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2010

Business takes me to Springfield for a week at a time and I have stayed at several places over the years. However, I have not budged from Hampton Inn and Suites South since I discovered it. I like the fact that their suites have two complete rooms. I can do my work in the living area and my husband can close the door to the bedroom and go to sleep without the lights on. The room has a nice little kitchenette area and good bed. The hotel has a decent pool as well (our only wish is for chaise lounges and not just chairs), Breakfasts are varied and good. restaurants are nearby. Best of all, the place is always being cleaned. and the staff are all the friendliest people around. No complaints at all for this hotel! Not a single one....

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business