“A MUST STAY”

Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Dearborn, Missouri
“A MUST STAY”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is wonderful! We love staying here on all our trips to Springfield. The staff is so accommodating and friendly! We always get a great rate and a wonderful room. We also love the karoake bar next door. It is LOTS of fun with lots of talented people!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We went to springfield for 2 nights and stayed here based on trip adviser reviews. Joe checked us in, very nice and friendly. We were give a smaller room than reserved but Joe was very willing to correct the issue. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable, pool was nice and comfortable and the breakfast was very good. The biscuits are better than most and the pancake machine was a hit with our granddaughter.

Stayed May 2014
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The room was huge. It had two queen beds, a small flat screen tv, microwave, refrigerator, and a desk. You could have a couple of roll away beds in the room and it would still feel spacious. The vanity and sink is outside of the bathroom. We just needed a place to crash so we just basically slept, had breakfast, and left. We didn't use the refrigerator or microwave so can't say if they worked or not. The room was very quiet and we had a good nights rest. The room was clean but you can tell the Inn is on the older side. The bed was comfortable, the air conditioner worked and we were able to get a good night's rest.

Breakfast ended at 9:30 and we got there at 9:15 but there was still food left. They had biscuits and gravy, an assortment of bagels and bread, yogurt, boiled eggs, and an automatic pancake machine. They also had cereal and fresh juices. I don't think they had sausages or bacon. I had pancakes and they were fine.

We didn't use any of the amenities but I did see a business center and an indoor pool. The only thing I found odd was that the lobby and hallways seemed a bit stuffy. The room was nice and cool but when you walk in the Inn, you can feel the humidity and the stuffiness. I'm pretty sure the lobby and hallways are not air conditioned. We went in late May so maybe they don't turn on the air conditioner until it gets really hot.

The only thing I didn't like about the place was the location. We got it on priceline late at night while we were driving on 44 West. My phone wasn't working very well so I wasn't able to figure out the location of the Inn. It's in Chesterfield which is about 8-10 miles from highway 44. The neighborhood seemed nice but we didn't have a chance to look around.

Overall, it was a nice place and I was thinking that a family of 6 or 8 could comfortably fit in the room because it was so big. The staff was also nice and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Heartland
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I decided with less than a week away from traveling to break up my drive by staying in Springfield, MO. I checked Trip Advisor for something available on relatively short notice, inexpensive but clean, and in a safe location, convenient to the highway. I selected Quality Inn & Suites - Chesterfield. (Chesterfield is the name of the little business district surrounding the hotel.) I was very satisfied with the cost, the cleanliness, the comfort and the convenience of this hotel. For dietary reasons, I travel with my own breakfast items, so didn't eat on site, but enjoyed the refrigerator in the room instead. It was quiet, but ran cold enough to keep my dairy products safe. A nice bonus - I was able to order and pick up an excellent pizza from Garbo's Pizzeria, which was only a block or two away in the same business district - easy walking distance.

The only problem I had at all was opening the west entry door from the outside. I would swipe my room card for entry, but the release was not completely releasing the door. After several tries, another guest told me he had to yank it open after swiping, which did indeed work. I went to the lobby to report the problem and eventually found the desk clerk smoking in front of the hotel. When I told him about the door, he acknowledged knowing about the problem and said they had ordered a part. If I were the manager, I would have taped a sign on the door to communicate this fact to those of us who don't typically yank hard on doors!

Room Tip: Easy to get to from HWY 60 and back on again.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Arkansas
Reviewed 18 May 2014

After several stays at an Econo Lodge (another CHOICE hotel in town) we decided to venture out and try a new place. We have no issue with the other, but this did offer a larger room, indoor pool, and wonderful reviews for only $5 higher. So we gave this a try yesterday.

We were only in town over night visiting our son so we did not get to try the pool, but it did look quite inviting and the area was very clean and appeared quite safe. In the morning we did see 2 separate families enjoying it. The breakfast was wonderful and the attendant was "Johnny on the spot" with it's upkeep and stock. This morning featured biscuits & gravy and if your morning does as well do NOT skip it! It was like homemade. Flaky, light, and very tasty biscuits with a creamy sausage gravy that wasn't the slightest greasy. There was yogurt, 2 cereals, apples, boiled eggs, miniature sweets (cinnamon roll & blueberry muffin), bread, 2 kinds of bagels, apple and orange juice, hot tea, reg/decaf coffee, and pancakes you make yourself in an interesting maker that kids get a kick out of. Parking was ample and the lot clean and well kept. Ice machine well located and easy to use. Stairway well lit and appeared safe but we did not go upstairs ourselves. Lobby has a nice appearance and there is fresh ice water and mints at the desk which I thought a nice touch. The staff were all wonderful and friendly. The man who checked us in said little and never cracked a smile but he was not at all rude so it did not put us off.

Our room was spacious, clean, comfortable, and had everything as described. King bed, fridge, micro, safe, large (handicap accessible) bathroom, sitting chair, AC/Heat unit that worked very well, and high speed (my husband ran a speed test) WiFi. At first glance we thought the small pillows were quite a joke but I must say they were VERY nice and we wish we could buy a few of them for at home! The bed itself was firm enough for support but soft topped for comfort. The linens and covers were clean, just warm enough, and had no odor or staining. The TV was nice with plenty of channels to choose from. The iron & board, the single cup coffee maker, and the hair dryer were all fairly new and in good working order. We did not use the micro but the fridge was nice to put a 2 liter in. The bathroom was large and clean with a bath equipped with plenty of safety rails and a removable shower head that had a high and low attachment to the wall to accommodate handicap persons well. Our only issue was that the toilet rocked from side to side slightly. There was no leak nor was it a hazard, just odd. We informed hotel personnel this morning just so they would be aware to have maintenance tend to it.

We will stay here again!

Room Tip: No elevator for 2nd floor rooms. Handicap rooms well equipped and roomy. Do not miss biscuits &...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lawrenceville, Illinois
Reviewed 8 April 2014

we stayed one night here at this facility. We would recommended this hotel to our family and friends. The staff was friendly, food was well prepared, the eating area was kept clean. Location was good. Price was good for location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
York, Nebraska
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel is average. If you're not a really picky person about where you stay, this is the place for you. Staff is friendly, breakfast is ok, location is good. Only a few things that I found negative - room smelled bad, hot water was spotty as the temperature fluctuated greatly, and the remote for the tv did not work. Overall, I would probably stay again if I had to.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends