“Mold in the ventilation system!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Springfield East

La Quinta Inn Springfield East
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
“Mold in the ventilation system!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

If it wasn't bad enough that the toilet ran all night (no jiggling the handle didn't work) and listening to the telephone conversations of the guy in the room next to me...after about an hour with the heat on I could smell mold and my eyes got itchy and throat scratchy. I admit to being a little slow on the uptake as it was late so it took me another 45 minutes to figure out that it was the heating system. Once I turned off the heat the smell disappeared and my eyes and throat cleared up. Not confident that this isn't a hotel wide problem, I slept in the room with no heat. Mind you it was less than 10 degrees outside so it was a cold night in the room.

When I complained the next morning, I got very little response from the front desk but was told she would have the manager call me. Great, I was on a cross country trip and in the car all day so I'd be available. Guess what? No call, no apologies, nothing.

I will never stay in a LaQuinta again

Room Tip: lots of hotels nearby to choose from, stay away from this one!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Brennan P, Assistant Manager at La Quinta Inn Springfield East, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest

I apologize that you have not heard from me before now. Reading your review is the first I am learning of this matter. I apologize that you had issues with your stay, and if you would like to email me at the below email address I would be glad to handle this matter and give you a satisfied resolution.

Again I apologize for your discomfort and hope you will give me a chance to fix the problem.

Lq0774dos1@laquinta.com

Brennan Purvis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We were delightfully surprised just how friendly and accomodating the staff was.

We had our little puppy with us and they greated us with open arms! (very dog friendly). the lady who checked us in was extremely pleasant and knowledgable about the area.

In the morning, we got off to a late start. So we went down to the lobby hoping they still had breakfast and we were 10 mins late. the ladies behind the counter went to the back and brought out food for us anyway and were so sweet!

When we come to Springfield, this is where we will stay:)!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brennan P, Assistant Manager at La Quinta Inn Springfield East, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind words. I love hearing how our staff met and or exceeded guest expectations. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Springfield.

kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

There is a very high concentration of hotels near this La Quinta, and we are glad we ended up where we did. The service at La Quinta was excellent. Brennan was extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful when I called with questions before our trip. The price could not be beat. Breakfast buffet was the typical not-too-fancy fare, but the quality seemed better than many other comparable hotels.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad I was able to help you with your questions and look forward to seeing you next time you are in Springfield.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

This was our second stay at the Springfield East, MO "La Quinta" on East Evergreen Street and we were equally as pleased on this 3 night visit. The room was nicely appointed, very clean and amazingly quiet for being on the second floor of a 3 story building. The elevator was efficient and we experienced no waiting. We were there on single digit nights and the room was toasty warm. A lot to be said for the insulated window treatment when the heat was set on 67 degrees. My husband went down to get us coffee each morning and couldn't resist eating breakfast. All of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful especially Asst. Mgr. Brennen.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us again this trip through. It is always a pleausre to see a familiar face, and pick up where we left off the last time you visited with us.

See you next time you are in town.

Grand Rapids, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

A typical LaQuinta and similar to other newer mid-priced hotels.

It was clean and smelled good, everything was in good condition. Bed was comfortable, hotel was quiet (even though we were closest to the freeway).

There were many dogs - quite pet friendly.

The only thing we noticed is that the main entrance seems to be on the other side of the building but it was hard to tell that when we drove into the driveway. If you drive straight ahead you can get in from that side but it is the back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cindy C
Dear Guest

You caught us! Our back is our front, and our front is our back. Depending on which door you come in. I love this about us, because regardless of which door you come through they each put you right in our lobby and at our front desk. So you can not go wrong with either door and friends are always welcome through both.

We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Springfield.

dongola il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I was very pleased with our stay!! Especially loved the heated pool and Jacuzzi!! Definitely recommend and will be back!! Only downfall is nothing to do on a Sunday night in Springfield!! But other than that we had a great time!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank libby8788
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry you could not find anything to do on a Sunday night. I will see if I can find some choices for Sunday night activities for the next time you are in town.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Sin City, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We stopped here passing through Springfield, Mo. And we were not disappointed.

The front desk employee (mike?) when we checked in was super friendly, polite and gladly helped with my 101 questions.

The room it self was huge, clean and the bed comfortable.
We had a little freeway noise in the morning, but none at night that kept us awake.

We would stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bu1larry
Dear Guest

Thank you for telling us how much you enjoyed your stay, and how well Mike did. I am very glad he was able to answer your 101 questions.

We look forward to your next visit.