“Not bad for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn & Suites Springfield on I-44

Days Inn & Suites Springfield on I-44
Ranked #45 of 49 Hotels in Springfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Springfield, Missouri, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I had a single king bed room. The first 2 nights were fine. I was in a room in front of the pool and on the side of the hotel away from the highway. The third day I tried to use my key to access the pool and it didn't work. I didn't bother to call the front desk as I just wanted to see how the water was for a possible swim later that day. On the third night at 11pm, I was in bed about to go to sleep when I hear water running in the room. I go into the bathroom and water was pouring out of the light fixture from the room above. I called the front desk and they said they would move me to another room. I packed up all my things, moved to the other side of the hotel to a double queen suite. I also had to move my car to that side of the building. Once in that room the refrigerator didn't work and the air kicked off after 2 minutes of being on. I called the front desk again. The gentleman working came to the room and checked the fridge and A/C. He got the A/C to come back on but said the fridge needed to be taken out and defrosted. Two minutes after he left the air went off again. So I went back up to the front desk. The night clerk said well let's move you to a king Jacuzzi suite. We walked down to make sure everything worked before I moved my things. We open the door and the housekeeping didn't make it to clean that room that day. We went back to the front desk. I was then moved to a queen handicapped accessible room that was facing the highway and the main road. I had to move my things and my car for a second time to another side of the hotel. I got in the new room at 12:38am. I didn't sleep well because of the noise from the highway and the truck stop that is across the street from the hotel. The toliet in this room was loose as well. I stayed in the room for the 4th night also. When I woke up the morning of checkout there were bugs in the bathroom. When I went to check out the person asked how my stay was and I told him it wasn't good with all the issue I had. He looked at the log and said well I see the leak and they defrosted the refrigerator but the air worked good in that room. Also, he would have someone go check out the bugs in last room. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone.

Room Tip: Only stay here if there is no where else. Ask for a room on the pool side of the hotel to avoid the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
daysinnspringfield, Front Office Manager at Days Inn & Suites Springfield on I-44, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Your feedback helps us see where we can improve. I will take a look at the issues you addressed so that this does not happen again.