“Fantastic hotel”

Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago on a business trip and felt compelled to share my great experience. I didn't realize just how close this place is to the airport, what a convenience! The first person I noticed was Crystal at the front desk. She was very warm and welcoming, like she was genuinely happy we were there. She definitely started us off on the right foot. The next thing I noticed was the cleanliness, even the areas you'd expect to be dirty (floor corners, etc) were spotless. I'm a clean freak and this hotel exceeded even my standards. The room itself was updated with lots of room. It also had a huge LCD TV, not something you find at every hotel these days. I met up with my colleague after we dropped off our bags and we couldn't decide on a place to eat so we asked Lance at the Front Desk. His recommendation was spot on; a local Italian restaurant downtown (which was very close to the hotel) called Nonna's (sp?) ... absolutely delicious. After dinner we were beat, so it was great to come back to those comfy beds; I watched a little TV on the big screen and slept like a baby. Breakfast the next day was free and turned out to be quite good with a bunch of options, all looked fresh and delicious. Carol checked us out and she was as nice as could be. Truly top notch guest service! All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone because the hotel and the staff are all fantastic.

Room Tip: Stayed in a King on the second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Best Western P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

AEK_Gate21,
WOW! What a great review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our hospitality, as well as our hotel. We have an amazing staff who honestly love serving others. This is the experience that we strive to give every guest we have the privilege of serving. We look forward to having you as our guest, again.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is very comfortable and quiet - I couldn't even tell that the airport was nearby. The room was beautiful! Unlike many hotels with ugly carpet/pictures etc, I could envision many of the elements of the room in my own house. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was pretty decent. I would be more than happy to stay here again if I"m in the area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Best Western P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

RangerKristen,
Thank you for your review of our property! We appreciate your business. If you are ever back in the area, we look forward to having you as our guest! If I can assist you with making a future reservation, please call me directly.

Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is such a great place to stay especially for the price - it is well worth it! The place was very well kept, clean, and customer service scored an A. The room was very comfortable and quiet, especially being next to the airport. The bed was nice and the Hotel has about every amenity that's needed. I certainly recommend this place and have absolutely no complaints. The complementary shuttle was great and a reason I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 729JamesLS
Best Western P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

729JamesLS,
Thank you for your business! Guests, like you, are the reason we love what we do! I hope we are your "go to hotel" when you are in the Springfield area. If there is anything I can assist you with, feel free to give me a call.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My Husband and I stayed here last week. We loved the fact that it was close to the airport since our flight left at 6am. Room was spacious and nice. The only complaint I have is that the hallway smelled like cigarette smoke heavily. We were thankful our children were not traveling with us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Candice870
Best Western P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Candice870,

Thank you for taking the time to let us and the Tripadvisor community know about your experience with us.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Went out on a limb and purchased a discount hotel rate through Hotwire which came up with this hotel. Was a little wary about the whole situation but figured I'd give the hotel the benefit of the doubt and trust them on it. Wow was I wrong. First, the hallway smells horribly like smoke, which for a hotel that labels themselves as 'non-smoking' made me a bit curious. Secondly, the AC in our room smelled like mildew and you can tell it's tried to be covered up by the over abundance of air freshener sprayed in the room. Both little things I'm more than willing to overlook for a cheap room. The thing that sent me over the top was being woken up by heavy doors slamming at 5a, and people talking walking down the hall. No sound proofing at all. Then, at 7a a family decided to us the 'fitness center,' which seems to be a converted old room connected to our room through a joining door. It was incredibly loud and I could hear the family yelling to each other over the radio they were blasting like we were practically in the same room. Not to mention the treadmill skipping and them dropping weights on the floor. This just seems completely idiotic to me that a company would plan a hotel like this. But I guess that's what I get for trusting a brand name like best western to actually be thinking ahead and considerate of their customers.
Don't take the chance.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Jparker02
Best Western P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Jparker02,
Thank you for taking your time to let us know where we are in need of improvement . We greatly value guest feedback. It helps us get insight that we normally would not have. On behalf of the entire Best Western Plus staff, I would like to apologize for the poor experience you had during your stay. We have front desk staff here 24 hours a day, please notify them if you do experience a problem. Generally, we can correct the issue quickly. Again, I am sorry for poor experience you had here. This is not the "norm" that our guests experience. If you are in the area again, I hope you consider us as an option for your lodging needs. Please feel free to give me a call directly if you need anything at all.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at the Best Western Plus at the Springfield Airport the night prior to driving to Branson Mo. Close to the Airport and easy to find. Rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. We did not eat the complementary breakfast. On the minus side the night clerk was not very helpful on directions to a restaurant that evening. We were tired and hungry and all she could recommend was fast food.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ray425
Best Western P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Ray,
Thank you for your business. I am happy to hear you did enjoy your stay. I am sorry to hear of the experience with the night clerk. I hope the next time you are in the area, you give us another shot at making you a satisfied customer! Feel free to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My Grandson, wife, and 6 month baby were stranded in Springfield due to weather. This place went ABOVE the call of duty to assist them. Even though I belong to another rewards program, we decided to stay here out of appreciation. I can honestly say, it was a great choice. I will stay here ever time we come back to see our 5 grandchildren. You will not be disappointed.. Jerry and Jerri, Marysville, California

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Jerry A

Jerry,
Thank you for letting the Tripadvisor community know about your experience here at the Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn. You and your family were a pleasure to have! I hope that we have become your "go to" hotel whenever you are in town. If there is anything I can help you with, feel free to let me know!