“A Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Marble Hill, Missouri
“A Great Place To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

La Quinta Inn Springfield South has been great to work with and a great place to stay. It is like my second home. The staff is so friendly and will go out of their way to make you feel like you are special. It is always clean, and I always get a good nights sleep. If you are traveling any where near Springfield,Mo. it would do you well to stay with friends at LaQuinta Inn Springfield South, you will be glad you did. Tell them Ken sent you.

Room Tip: Call early because rooms fill up fast.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Ken, thank you so much. Guest like you are special to us and we truly appreciate your continued business.

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We are very happy and comfortable when we stay at the La Quinta South on Campbell St. in Springfield, MO. Room is clean, staff are friendly and efficient, and we have everything we need. We return regularly, and will stay again here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Not only do we have a great team but what Great Guest we have also. Thank you for your kind words. We just love it when guest come back to be our guest again and again.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I can, and often do, stay in any hotel chain across the Midwest. I CHOOSE to stay at the La Quinta Inn in South Springfield, MO because of the staff! What a great team from the desk to the room staff. They even called me personally because I accidentally left the "do not disturb" sign on my door and they wanted to make a sure I didn't want my room straightened that day. THAT is service in my mind.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
MDaddy, this is the third great review in a row about our team members. Thanks for noticing the extra service level we give our guest. I keep telling my team that our rooms look the same as our competitors when the lights are off (our beds maybe more comfortable) but it is how we treat each of our guest that makes the difference. I am happy others see it also.

Happy Holidays,
Emporia, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night only, but would stay again if in the area. The staff were very
helpful and the roooms were clean. It is also located near the Bass Pro shop. There are also restaurants near by.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Rich, thank you for taking your time to let others know about us. We are very close to Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World and many fine eateries.

Hope you can stay more than one night next trip.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

An employee remembered me from a previous stay earlier in the year when my mother was in the hospital (and it happened to be my birthday as well)...she asked about my mother and remembered how stressed I was with the fact my mother was dying. She made me feel very welcome again. I am highly impressed with all the staff, the cleanliness, etc. Great place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
I am so sorry for your loss. I am happy that one of my team members made your day a little brighter.

New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Room was clean. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was just okay, somewhat below average. Fitness center is far below average. Fortunately there was a gym I belong to two minutes from the hotel. I had constant problems getting onto the Internet and had to use my cell phone for Internet access the entire week I was there. No trash bags in the waste baskets. I will go somewhere else if I return to Springfield.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
I have sent you a private message and hope to hear back from you.

Just to let others know, we did have some issues with our WiFi but the problem has been identified. We are also upgrading from 50mbs to 108mbs. Now that is fast.

Owner
Poplar Bluff, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is the third time I have stayed in the hotel while running the Bass Pro Outdoor Fitness half marathon. It's the perfect place to stay since it is right down the street from Bass Pro. They have done some remodeling since my last stay in 2011. The hotel was nice before, but the upgrades have made it even better. The check in was very quick with a very friendly clerk, and the hotel lobby, elevator, and hallways are clean. The rooms aren't very big, but are enough for an overnight stay. They had new carpet, furniture, flat screen tvs, and new bedding. The beds are very comfortable. I usually don't sleep well in a hotel bed, but I slept like a baby in this one. The rooms are extremely clean, and I am a nut about having a clean hotel room. The only negative, was that we were given a room that had an adjoining room and it was a little noisy. We could hear everything in the next room, and they were pretty loud. Good thing we brought ear plugs. We didn't eat the breakfast since we had to be at the race before it opened, so I can't comment on this. Checkout went smoothly. I will always pick this hotel to stay in whenever I am in Springfield.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for the kind words and sorry about the noise next door. Ear plugs, not a bad idea to travel with.

Make sure if you stay with us again for the marathon you let them know when you make the reservation. We are working on a package price that will get you a healthy snack in the morning and maybe a couple other unique items. This marathon has really grown.