“Not a good experience”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We requested a room on the first floor because we were traveling with 3 kids and I don't want to be on an upper floor and have them disturb others when they get rowdy. The room we were in was a pet room. I wish I had been told that before and I would have asked to be moved. The room had a very strong pet smell. There was a large stain outside the door from where a pet had peed. The bathroom had a sliding door that didn't close all the way. The bath tub had rust spots all over it. I will not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Katie P, I am very sorry that you did not have a great experience. All La Quintas are pet friendly and we do not have pet only rooms. I sure wish that you had asked to be moved to another room or notified the hotel while you were here so we could address the issues with your room.

I sure hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to be your hotel choice when traveling.

A La Quinta traveler
Defiance, Missouri
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We just stayed one night at this hotel and it was clean and the staff were friendly. The hotel is older and has been remodeled but the rooms are tiny and the hot tub was not hot. We chose this hotel based off of the great reviews but we were not all that impressed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Miranda, I am so sorry that the reviews did not live up to your expectations. We truly strive ourselves on the two words you used, “Clean and Ncie”. We know we are not the newest hotel in town but with our location, the quality of our hotel and our great team members we act like the best hotel in town.

I sure hope you will consider us the next time you travel to Springfield.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

They clean room daily. Provide breakfast. Seems like a very nice hotel. Pool area looked nice. They were extra helpful when I needed directions or needed something I forgot at home. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

“I would stay here again!” It sure sounds like a broken record about our hotel. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed 5 nites at this hotel while family member was in hospital. Hotel is very clean, Every employee we encountered was very helpful and knowledgeable. I thought the breakfast was outstanding compared to other Laquinta hotels that we have stayed at. We always use Laquintas because of their pet policy. The beds are very comfortable. We always get a handicap room for my wife. Very accomodating. We called to get an extra room for the patient after his relese from Hospital and they gave us one right accross hall from us. No problems.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Robert, it sounds like everything went well at the hospital and I am happy to hear that. As you noted we are very close to both hospitals here in Springfield and accommodate many patients’ friends and family. We go out of our way to make every guest encounter hopefully a memorable one and it sounds like we hit a home run with you.

Tell all your friends and family about us.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

There is really nothing too special about this hotel, but the room was very clean which is important. The shower left alot to be desired, not good water pressure. Breakfast wasn't too great, they had nice offerings but the hot foods were cold and overcooked. My room was nice, very clean, and the bed was quite comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Well, one not so good review out of the last six. Let me take a minute to address some of your concerns.

We are in the process of changing all our showerheads. We are testing two different styles right now to see which one is the best before we switch them all. I will have our breakfast attendant check the heat of the chaffing dish, we had a complaint a week ago, maybe that is when you stayed, I can’t tell. No great excuses but wanted to let you know we know about one of the issues and are working to correct it.

Thanks for all the other nice things said about the hotel. We do strive to provide a great clean room and friendly service.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Good beds, clean room and allows pets. Breakfast is basic, but I found something to eat. They have competitive rates and a convenient location to many things. They also have a great dog run complete with bags for clean-up I will stay again when I come back for business and pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Rexanna, thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience here at the La Quinta Inn South Springfield. Your last comments says it all “I will stay again”.

Thanks and hope to see you and your pet real soon.