“Great deal for short family trip!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel is well located, clean, and remarkably quiet! The staff are very efficient and friendly. The amenities are more than adequate for a business or family trip. The wi-fi service was miserably slow and unreliable and the restroom layout is antiquated with the sinks across the entrance from the shower and toilet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

James F
Thank you for staying with us and letting others know about your personal experience. Our team continues to offer clean rooms with a friendly smile.

I understand that you did not like having the sink outside of the bathroom. Many of our guest like the sink outside so that one person can be getting ready while the other in the shower. From firsthand experience I traveled to Kansas City this past weekend and they had the sink in the shower area, my nephew had went in the bathroom and locked the door and took a shower. This stopped the rest of us from brushing our teeth or my wife drying her hair. We can’t be perfect in every way.

So sorry about the slow internet. I will look in to this. Mediacom provides our hotel with 100mbs which is typically very fast. I hope it was just an isolated incident.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We picked this hotel because it had good reviews and is in a good location. Eating places and a Starbucks not too far. We should have kept going when the front desk clerk told us the elevator was out of order and all first floor rooms were taken. After we hauled our bags up two flights we were ready for a good night's sleep. Did not happen. The room was adequate and had a working microwave and mini fridge. There was also plenty of hotwater. But these are basic expectations. I awoke in the middle of the night feeling like something was biting me but could not see anything. When I gave up around dawn I saw where I must have killed at least one little pest because there was blood on the sheet and a little shell I at first thought was dried blood. My back was covered in bites that had turned to big, bumpy welts. On leaving, I left a note for housekeeping that I thought there were bugs in the bed. When we checked out my boyfriend told them there seemed to be bugs in the room. What ticked me off is that the manager was dismissive and only believed us when one of his employees who had been to the room confirmed there were bugs. The front desk clerk offered to comp the room but the manager just stood there like a bump on a log. The clerk apologized but the manager said nothing. Not my idea of leading from the front. I will be checking to see if my credit card reflects a refund and hopefully they will work on their bug issue and the manager will learn some customer service from his staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dee D
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your comments; I know that you and I have had a good conversation about this and now I am able to respond your comments. With the recent resurgence of bedbugs in the US, they can appear in any hotel, from the best to the worst, the most expensive to the cheapest, most often brought in unannounced by our guests’ luggage.

What separates our hotel from the rest is how we train for the situation. We train to; identify, isolate and eradicate the problem. We do not want our guest to experience this nor do we want them to transfer them. This is a reflection of our commitment to both training and the use of professional resources.

We do spend significant time and resources in training and prevention, so that if a report is made, either by a guest or employee, we know exactly how to handle the situation. I can assure both you and anyone reading this that our hotel does not have an issue with bed bug infestation, and with our current level of vigilance and commitment to the issue it never will.

Any concerned guest, feel free to reach out and discuss this.

417-890-6060

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was very disappointed in the front desk service. After a long trip, I checked into the room and noticed the plumbing was backing up. I called the front desk and they said they would bring a plunger to the room for me to fix it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Tracie H, I am sorry that you experienced any problem at all. The agent that worked the evening you stayed was a new employee and has decided to move on. This incident was not the reason. She should have asked if you would like her to fix the problem or allow you to instead of just assuming. We typically have an option to move you to another room unless we were full.

I will make sure that my team reads this review and learn that not every guest wants the same thing. I sure wish you could have scored us higher than two dots. I can assure you that typically we provide the best service as many guests have stated here on TripAdivsor. We all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them and we have.

Thanks for your response.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was surprised to get a comp drink and have the availability of all kinds of beverages available. It was appreciated to get free pizza as well. The breakfast was an expanded selection of very good food. Everything was clean and the employees friendly and helpful. I will be back again. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: I like ground floors to close to the pool and breakfast area. I like fast exits if necessary
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The property is very clean. The staff is outstanding. The breakfast is extensive and excellent. We enjoyed the drinks in the evening and comp pizza. Great place to stay. Pool was refreshing along with the hot tub. They also have facilities for dogs. We learned a lot watching them clean the aquarium.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Sooner, you said it all. We have many offerings and so happy that you had an opportunity to experience our hospitality, taste our great breakfast and happy hour food, drink from our happy hour bar, refresh yourself in the pool and learn about our beautiful salt water tank.

We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We loved the pool! Very friendly and the GM is very nice! Breakfast was great, bed comfortable and AC worked great. They had dog treats for our dog. They offered us two free drinks during their evening social. It was very nice. We will be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

JerryC, thanks for the kind words about our hotel and I guess me. “Very Nice”, I have been called worse. 
My team and I continuously strive to create unique and memorable moments with our guests, through people first, service and clean comfortable accommodations. Sounds like you experienced this.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our room was very nice. It was very clean with no disappointment.There was plenty of parking and well lit. The staff was nice and easy to work with. The breakfast was ok, nothing over the top. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thanks for the review, clean and comfortable. Sorry that you were not impressed with our breakfast. It is typically our lowest scores and we just never know why. We offer hot eggs, meat, gravy, biscuits, waffles and then all the normal stuff you would think of.

We will be trying some new items this summer, hopefully these new items help out.

Owner