“Good food and fun”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Springfield Brewing Company is truly a wonderful facility, staffed with a great group of individuals, and headed down a new path to fully utilize what Mueller designed and built back in 1997! Our goal is simple and that is to Restore, Reinvigorate, Reintroduce SBC to our friends and neighbors in the Springfield community. We are doing this by making small, but meaningful improvements to the business. We have no hatchet men or Madison Avenue suits on our staff; just a group of hard-working local business owners in search of excellence. Our long term mission is to brew inspired beer, produce excellent food, offer a superb facility and staff SBC with a personable staff. We hope you enjoy what we offer!
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Passing through Springfield for the day and ate lunch here based on previous reviews -- great choice! Sampled several of their interesting brews and my party agreed the burgers, reuben, and fish and chips were all cooked to perfection. Too hot to sit outside that day but inside was lively; the warehouse and brewery décor added to the enjoyable experience. Our server was friendly and super efficient, and the manager treated us to a complimentary tasting of two flavors of creamy gelato from the shop next door -- the avocado is surprisingly good! Too bad by then we were too full to order dessert. We'll make this a definite stop on any future trips to Springfield.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We ate here TWICE over the weekend: lunch on Friday, then back for lunch again on Sunday before we left. UNBELIEVABLY awesome food, great micro-brew as well. AWESOME atmosphere: comparable to other micro-brew-pubs we've been to in our hometown (St. Louis), Dallas & Denver. HIGHLY recommend to everyone!!!!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We scheduled a private tour of the brewery, got to sample all of their beers including a new brew, received a free glass of beer with our meal of our choice, and then we ate dinner there and the food was wonderful.

Wendy W, Craft Beer Ambassador at Springfield Brewing Co, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for us! We love giving tours of our beautiful brewery to the patrons who want a closer look. We're so glad you enjoyed your experience. Please come visit us again soon! Cheers!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I used to work in brewpubs when I was younger, so I often seek out local brewpubs when traveling for work. I decided to give this spot a try based on prior reviews here.

I sat at the bar on a Wednesday evening (both the Cubs and Cards were playing on TVs) and looked over the menu and beer selection. They had six of their own beers on draft and I decided to try their pale ale, which I was told was the best seller. I also tried their hefeweizen to go with my spicy pepper burger. Flavors were great, the beers were balanced, and how can you go wrong with a burger with pepper jack cheese, fried jalapenos and avocado?

The sweet potato fries are sprinkled with a seasoned sugar, and I wasn't completely won over with them, but I can see why they would be popular.

The bartender Brad was very helpful as well, a great spot overall.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! Our Black Jack Burger is definitely a patron favorite- we're so glad you enjoyed it. Paul's Pale Ale (named after Paul Mueller) has been our number one seller for years! We're glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon! Be sure to try our next seasonal beer on your return, cheers!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We enjoyed being upstairs where the band was playing. The food was good and I enjoyed the beer. The pepper burger was good.

We're so glad you enjoyed your experience with us! We usually have live music playing Wednesday through Sunday nights. We like a variety of jazz, acoustic, local, and more! If you're referring to our Black Jack Burger, it has pepperjack cheese, fried jalapenos, and avocado on one of our fresh baked burger buns- it's definitely a patron favorite! Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and we hope to see you again soon! Cheers!