Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is a nice hotel with friendly staff. Upon booking this hotel, I like others read the numerous reviews previous lodgers had written. It is amazing how nit picky people can be, if you want a four star stay at a four star. We booked at $109 a night but when the clerk noticed that my husband was a fireman he gave us a lower rate. The room was clean. We do not go on vacation to stay in the room. Love that Hammon Field is right across the street because the reason we went to Springfield was to go to the game. Did not eat breakfast there, plenty of very delicious restaurant in the area. Don't complain of the food there because it is free.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear LaraF:

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Thank you for such a wonderful review!

We hope you come back and see us soon! Next time you make a reservation, be sure to ask for the same rate you had during your recent stay. We will be happy to honor that for you!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

This facility is beautiful and well maintained. The rooms are nice and comfortable. The two issues that we had were one, that there was NO parking due to a Cardinal ballgame going on in close proximity and they allowed the game goers to use said parking lot. The game was in 16 innings at midnight when we returned to Motel, and finally one or two spaces available. Second, the breakfast was not good at all. The biscuits and gravy were not even warm and the wasn't any fruit at all. The person maintaining the breakfast was nice and friendly but swept something off the floor with her hands and they went about cleaning up around the food area. So, that being said. I love the fact that this hotel is downtown and there's lots to do, however, these two things could put a damper if you cannot park when arriving and you are counting on eating the breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly M
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear Kelly1639:

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us! We have since solved the parking problem and we do apologize for that incovenience. We know that was frustrating to our guests..

We are sorry our breakfast wasn't up to our standards. We have spoken with our breakfast attendant regarding these issues.

We hope you do come back and see us! Thank you again! We do take the feedback we get seriously and appreciate it very much!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stayed here on the first weekend in May when I brought my son from Texas to attend a prom at MSU. The lobby area of the hotel is nice. Our room was as specified; however, there was a towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door that appeared to have been left behind by housekeeping from a previous guest. Hotel is walking distance to a couple of fast food restaurants and a Walgreens. The complimentary breakfast was typical for Holiday Inn Express and included cinnamon rolls, sausage, eggs, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, breads, and juice. I try to eat healthy and I had a boiled egg with a piece of toast

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear CindyP:

Glad to hear you had a good stay with us! We apologize for the towel hanging on the door and I did address that with housekeeping.

We hope you come back and see us soon! Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

This Holiday Inn had wonderful decor. The room was clean, and quiet. No refrigerator. The first night we did not have any airconditioning. The maintence man fixed it the next morning, then it was just perfect. The breakfast was ok. Would like to have had fresh fruit and more choices, but at least it was free. The location was perfect for the weekend we had planned. I am glad we still had a room when we arrived because the woman before me did not get her suite and had to settle on 2 rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Dear Sisters2012-12:

Thank you for staying with us on Memorial Weekend. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four nites on business. The location was perfect and the room looked really good. However, during that time my bed was made one time because I REQUESTED IT. I did get fresh towels every day but only one day did they take out my trash. Never did they clean floor, replace "paper" cups, the pool and spa were closed, the one and only luggage cart had a flat tire (however a very nice young lady helped my in with my stuff) The topper was on my last day, as I was packing I picked up a pillow and there was a roach in my bed!!!!! Did anyone really act like they cared??? Did they try to make amends??? Yes I did mention some of these things during the stay but didn't seem to matter. There are other nice hotels in Springfield. Try one of them.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear SusanT:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are so sorry you experienced issues while you were here. I have spoken to my General Manager and Head of Housekeeping regarding this.

I am glad you got assistance with your bags. We do want to talk with you regarding these issues. If you could contact the hotel, that would be wonderful. I would love to resolve this with you.

Thank you again! Hope to talk to you soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2013

When we checked in for a four day conference we found out the pool and hot tub were out of service. It ended up being that way our entire stay even though several maintenance people led us to believe it was fixed on the second day. Pretty bad if you bring your family. Ordinary maintenance was being done inside and out over the weekend so it was very noisy. My guess is the reason the pool was closed is because they were changing out the plant beds. One room had no maid service the entire stay. Another one had a clogged toilet. When we called for maintenance. (The first time) they brought up a plunger 20 minutes later and handed it to my husband. He plunged the toilet and had to return it to the front desk. It stopped again and I found out several on our floor had the same problem. On the plus side the bed was comfortable and it was a clean room.

• Stayed: June 2013
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Dear 1020reb:

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your recent stay. I sincerely apologize about our pool and I understand your disappoinment.

I do hope you give us another try in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed here one night and had a fast easy check in. Rooms were very nice and clean. Nice size bathroom and comfy king beds. Breakfast was great... Cereal, big warm cinnamon rolls, sausage patties, eggs and cheese, biscuits and gravy, and pastry times. The pool and outdoor area looked great but doesn't open until June 3rd! Check out was so fast and easy as well! Overall great trip to Springfield and stay at this hotel, located near the big city and main road!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, room 200 and it was lovely. On the corner with a great view of the po...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear KareyC:

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay!

We hope to see you again soon!