“Great night of sleep!”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Our stay in this Holiday Inn was a great experience. The bed was confortable, the room and bathroom were very clean. It was so quiet we almost overslept the free breakfast. It's location close to MSU makes it appealing and they had a discount for MSU parents.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Patio317
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Patio317:

Glad to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again when you are in the Springfield area.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I had taken a week off from my intense pedaling of the Mississippi River Trail (MRT)/Great River Road (10-15JUN2013; 25JUN-02JUL2013; 687miles/1099kms) so that my wife & I could enjoy time with family and attend a wedding in SpringfieldMO. This specific hotel was designated for out-of-town guests, and it was superb. The beds were exceptionally comfortable, the pool was delightful as was the hot tub, delicious brekkie, and, most important, all of the staff were courteous and assisted to the best of their abilities. It was especially important as they accommodated my 82 year old mother; she was delighted, which, of course, delights me, too. It was the first time I'd ever seen an automatic pancake maker--quite interesting!

Room Tip: any room not close to the elevator nor the ice machine
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Juanito Hayburg:

I am so happy to hear you had such a great time at our hotel! Thank you for the kind words! We look forward to seeing you and your family again really soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

A nice quiet room overlooking the pool. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was good. The staff kept the food areas full and the coffee pots filled.

My room was clean. Carpet looked clean and the bathroom was clean as well.

I did notice that there is a screen on one of the sliding doors that needs repairing.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Computeress:

So happy to hear you had a great stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

seems very clean because of how New this building is. Ambulance going by every other hour, becuase thier station is 1 block away. Also right by a train track just to let people know in advance.
VERY THIN WALLS so you can hear roudy niebors no matter what.
Overall the staff was nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Tosha M.:

Sorry to hear that the hotel you orginally booked at was oversold. That can be frustrating. Glad you decided to stay with us!

I do apologize for the outdoor noise and the noise inside of the hotel. Did you report the noise inside to the front desk?

We hope you do come back and see us! Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We have stayed at this property several times. It is a very nice hotel but it seems they are not doing much to keep it up. This last stay was 2 nights the first week of July 2013.
The elevators smelled bad and carpet looked horrible in them. The wall in shower had hair on the wall from previous guests.
The breakfast is not kept fresh and stocked. Both days no cinammon rolls, out of milk etc. and no one around taking care of it.
We a platinum priority club members and there was no metion of that at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Bluehcky:

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you had while staying here. I have talked to my staff regarding recognizing Priority Club members and I am sorry you were not recognized. This is not our standard.

I also spoke with the staff regarding breakfast and the elevator and those issues have been corrected.

Thank you for taking the time to do this review. I hope we you will come back soon and give us a second chance.

Thank you!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

The hotel is located in a convenient location. PROS: nice lobby, location, shower, nice chairs in room CONS: poor front desk service, grout missing in large portion of bathroom floor, clogged shower drain, very soft bed, burnt breakfast, no recognition of priority club or platinum level. I will stay at the Candlewood next time. Not impressed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Southwesttravel:

We apologize for the issues you had while staying at our hotel. I would love to talk with you more about your stay. Please contact me at the hotel - 417-862-0070. Thank you!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the first time one night over the 4th of July weekend (and I live in the Springfield area). It is a newer hotel and found it to be a very nice hotel. The front desk person was very pleasant and I was checked in quickly. The room was very nicely furnished and the bathroom had a large counter area on both sides of the sink! A big PLUS in my book! There are a few restaurants within a short walk. Most of them are downtown, and this hotel is about a mile from the acutal downtown section. I was very surprised by a hot breakfast. There were scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy. It was good, but lukewarm, not hot. The bar also included cereal, bagels, etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear MoMommy2:

Thank you for staying with us recently! We are glad you had a great experience!

Leah is wonderful! I am so glad she made you feel so welcome and gave you excellent customer service.

We hope to see you again soon! Thank you!