Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Wonderful.”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is one of the best Holiday Inn Expresses I've stayed at. The whole staff was very friendly and I felt very welcome during my stay. Although my stay wasn't perfect the staff made me feel like it was. During my stay I couldn't get the TV to work quite right and called down to the desk and the maintenance man showed up within minutes from when I called down and he got it fixed right away. And later that night my husband wasn't being generous with the blanket so I called down again to see if I could get an extra one. Again, the girl at the desk brought it up immediately and I was able to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Denis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear MMitchell64,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express-Downtown we thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs during your recent visit to Springfield, MO. Having a team of guest focused associates that provide outstanding service in a timely manner is what we are all about. We apologize you had issues with your TV (and husband taking the blanket) but we are happy we could resolve the problems quickly for you.
Our goal is to provide you with the best Holiday Inn Express experience each and every time you visit. We hope to see you again soon!
Denis Schmidt, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Upon check in I thought the Hotel looked very nice. The college student behind the desk was another story. I checked in on June 1, 2014 at approximately 5:15 and was not greeted as a platinum member. Upon arriving at my room it was less than I had expected. I called down and asked him why I wasn't upgraded as a platinum member and he told me I wasn't in the system as a platinum member. This was a first considering I travel every month for at least a week! I then ask him to upgrade me and he did and also charged me for it! I don't believe he was very customer friendly at ALL but i was upgraded and CHARGED! The hotel was not full becasue their were only a few cars there the entire week I stayed, June 1 thru June 5! The next morning I went down for breakfast and mentioned it to Terry who was working at the breakfast bar and she immediately went ot the front desk and had everything straighted out in a few minutes. What a Great customer friendly person she and Tori were to me! The morning desk attendant (Rochelle) checked my records and immediately took the extra charge away and took care of the situation. At that point everything went very well for my stay! I also want to say that Audrey and Mandy who cleaned and made my room for the entire week did a great job! Thank you for your continued great service! Love you guys!!

Room Tip: Make sure the front desk knows your status with Priority Club. This was the first Holiday inn that d...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Denis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Paul R,
We greatly appreciate your positive review and letting us know where we need to improve. Please accept my apologies as it is with great concern our Guest Service Representative did not provide you with a complimentary upgrade and recognition you deserve as a Platinum IHG Rewards Club Member. I will use your comments to illustrate to the individual why it is important to follow our brand standards and procedures with regard to all IHG Reward Club members. Likewise, having so many dedicated associates turning a lackluster experience into a memorable and enjoyable stay for you was truly inspiring. Those individuals will receive a special thank you and recognition for their outstanding service.
We take pride in our beautiful hotel and providing IHG Reward Members the recognition you deserve so we will continue to see you time and time again.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I woke up a tad late for breakfast. Terri is in charge of the breakfast bar; she kept the food available for me n my friend. This lication is great if you are going to the Springfield Cardinals game.
Our room was clean, the pool was inviting. The grounds are well landscaped.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Lori K,
We are so happy you enjoyed your recent visit to Holiday Inn Express - Downtown! Terri is an outstanding associate that truly understands our goal of "Exceeding our Guests Expecations." She will be delighted to hear she was mentioned in your review and made your stay memorable.
Thank you for choosing our beautiful hotel and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Springfield.
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This Holiday Inn Express was the best one we've ever stayed at. It was clean and very updated. Breakfast was great too, with bacon, pancakes, eggs, breads, fruit, yogurt, etc. The front desk staff, especially Taylor, was very helpful. We had to switch rooms because of the bed type. When I got to the desk Taylor had the keys ready for me. And she also quickly got a blanket for us that we needed. Would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jill H,
Our team was so happy when I expressed your happiness with our beautiful hotel and outstanding staff. Thank you for the wonderful review and giving Taylor recognition as our associates love the feedback.
We hope to see you again when you are in the Springfield area!
Illinois
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this property. Breakfast, our room and service was great. The breakfast attendant even gave our little one a coloring book and crayons! Overall, one of the best HI experiences we have had to date. Location is directly next to the baseball stadium. Wanted to stay longer!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear breeb625,
Our goal is to Exceed our Guest Expecations, even the littlest guest! I am happy to know your child enjoyed a special treat at breakfast and hopefully a pancake or two.
We appreciate you staying with us and hope on your next visit you can enjoy a ballgame with the Springfield Cardinals.
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great location next to Hammons Field and near downtown Springfield and Missouri State University. Friendly staff and clean rooms. Thanks to Terri for keeping the breakfast open for me! I appreciated her thoughtfulness.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Lumsfam5,
As the saying goes, "Location, Location, Location!" And we certainly have the perfect location for everyone wishing to enjoy the Downtown activities or Universities within walking distance. We appreciate your comments and are so happy you had a memorable experience during your stay. Please think of us on your next visit to Springfield.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My stay at This Holiday Inn Express was very good. The hotel is updated and clean and the room was very comfortable. The nightly room rate was reasonable too. I would definitely stay here again when I'm in Springfield.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Robert H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this review, 9 May 2016
On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Downtown. We are so humbled by your feedback and we truly value your loyalty!