Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

What makes this a great place to stay is the staff. They are friendly, helpful and they do a fantastic job! Many thanks to Taylor at the front desk, Terri at the breakfast area, Margaret and Carlina from housekeeping and others I didn't have the opportunity to meet.

3 Thank Nan S
Denis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Nan S,
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Downtown. Our outstanding team is proud to provide our valuable guests, like you, with exceptional service and Ozarks Hospitality allowing you to have a memorable experience.
Thank you for the recognition to our team as they will be thrilled to know they made your visit a GREAT experience.
Denis Schmidt, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sikeston, Missouri
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Breakfast with Miss Terri was the highlight of my day! She was kind and friendly!

My entire stay was very comforting, and your staff is exemplary!

My room was above the mark clean! I felt like a queen.

Thank you for making this week better than home!

3 Thank Marguerite316
Dear Marguerite316,
We couldn't ask for a better review as we want your stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Downtown to be as close to Home as possible.
Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations and treat everyone as a Queen, or King, making for a memorable experience while you are away from home.
It appears we met our goal with your recent stay! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Sand Springs, Oklahoma
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was our first family vacation with our 3 year old. We stayed two nights. This germaphobe mom was a little nervous about staying in some "germ filled hotel". I was MORE than pleasantly surprised about how CLEAN the hotel was-from the first step into the front door all the way to our room, beds, and even the *gasp* bathroom! EVERYTHING WAS EXTREMELY CLEAN! I was able to relax and let my guard down about our 3 year old exploring the room as 3 year olds will do!

We were greeted within seconds of walking in the door and check-in was a breeze. We had requested a refrigerator when we made our reservations online and it was immediately brought up to our room without us asking. Every staff member we came into contact with was very pleasant and helpful-even the cleaning staff.

The breakfast was amazing-hot, delicious food with a variety of selections for any diet. The breakfast staff was also very friendly. Tori even chased us out of the hotel to return a bracelet our daughter left at the table. She was very friendly and when we returned the next morning, and she greeted our daughter by name. The breakfast manager even gave our daughter a small book to read to her babydoll. What wonderful and thoughtful service from the breakfast staff. I must add the pancake machine was very cool. With the push of a button, hot pancakes roll out onto your plate! The coffee was so delicious that we had to take some to go!

We had a wonderful stay and highly recommend this hotel to not only families, but everyone!

We are huge fans of the TV show Hotel Impossible and I know without a doubt that Anthony Melchiorri would have a hard time finding anything wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a teacher-use your ID badge for the Government Discount!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TheJacksonFamily2014
Denis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Jackson Family,
Your review put a huge smile on our faces, especially when we saw the beautiful pictures of your family enjoying their time at our hotel.
We are thrilled that we had a part in making your First Family Vacation a success and allowed you and your family a stress free visit while in Springfield. Our staff is extremely proud of our hotel cleanliness, service, and making sure our guests have a memorable experience. It appears we achieved our goal with your stay!
Wishing you many happy and successful family vacations,
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is one of the best Holiday Inn Expresses I've stayed at. The whole staff was very friendly and I felt very welcome during my stay. Although my stay wasn't perfect the staff made me feel like it was. During my stay I couldn't get the TV to work quite right and called down to the desk and the maintenance man showed up within minutes from when I called down and he got it fixed right away. And later that night my husband wasn't being generous with the blanket so I called down again to see if I could get an extra one. Again, the girl at the desk brought it up immediately and I was able to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Denis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear MMitchell64,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express-Downtown we thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs during your recent visit to Springfield, MO. Having a team of guest focused associates that provide outstanding service in a timely manner is what we are all about. We apologize you had issues with your TV (and husband taking the blanket) but we are happy we could resolve the problems quickly for you.
Our goal is to provide you with the best Holiday Inn Express experience each and every time you visit. We hope to see you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Upon check in I thought the Hotel looked very nice. The college student behind the desk was another story. I checked in on June 1, 2014 at approximately 5:15 and was not greeted as a platinum member. Upon arriving at my room it was less than I had expected. I called down and asked him why I wasn't upgraded as a platinum member and he told me I wasn't in the system as a platinum member. This was a first considering I travel every month for at least a week! I then ask him to upgrade me and he did and also charged me for it! I don't believe he was very customer friendly at ALL but i was upgraded and CHARGED! The hotel was not full becasue their were only a few cars there the entire week I stayed, June 1 thru June 5! The next morning I went down for breakfast and mentioned it to Terry who was working at the breakfast bar and she immediately went ot the front desk and had everything straighted out in a few minutes. What a Great customer friendly person she and Tori were to me! The morning desk attendant (Rochelle) checked my records and immediately took the extra charge away and took care of the situation. At that point everything went very well for my stay! I also want to say that Audrey and Mandy who cleaned and made my room for the entire week did a great job! Thank you for your continued great service! Love you guys!!

Room Tip: Make sure the front desk knows your status with Priority Club. This was the first Holiday inn that d...
2 Thank Paul R
Denis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Paul R,
We greatly appreciate your positive review and letting us know where we need to improve. Please accept my apologies as it is with great concern our Guest Service Representative did not provide you with a complimentary upgrade and recognition you deserve as a Platinum IHG Rewards Club Member. I will use your comments to illustrate to the individual why it is important to follow our brand standards and procedures with regard to all IHG Reward Club members. Likewise, having so many dedicated associates turning a lackluster experience into a memorable and enjoyable stay for you was truly inspiring. Those individuals will receive a special thank you and recognition for their outstanding service.
We take pride in our beautiful hotel and providing IHG Reward Members the recognition you deserve so we will continue to see you time and time again.
Best Wishes,
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I woke up a tad late for breakfast. Terri is in charge of the breakfast bar; she kept the food available for me n my friend. This lication is great if you are going to the Springfield Cardinals game.
Our room was clean, the pool was inviting. The grounds are well landscaped.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Lori K
Dear Lori K,
We are so happy you enjoyed your recent visit to Holiday Inn Express - Downtown! Terri is an outstanding associate that truly understands our goal of "Exceeding our Guests Expecations." She will be delighted to hear she was mentioned in your review and made your stay memorable.
Thank you for choosing our beautiful hotel and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Springfield.
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This Holiday Inn Express was the best one we've ever stayed at. It was clean and very updated. Breakfast was great too, with bacon, pancakes, eggs, breads, fruit, yogurt, etc. The front desk staff, especially Taylor, was very helpful. We had to switch rooms because of the bed type. When I got to the desk Taylor had the keys ready for me. And she also quickly got a blanket for us that we needed. Would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jill H
Dear Jill H,
Our team was so happy when I expressed your happiness with our beautiful hotel and outstanding staff. Thank you for the wonderful review and giving Taylor recognition as our associates love the feedback.
We hope to see you again when you are in the Springfield area!