“Nice place for a quick visit”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield Airport Plaza
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 16 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
GM2445, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield Airport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield Airport Plaza

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was better than any other hotel I've stayed in. Amenities were good. Everything was clean and in good condition. I enjoyed my stay. The main positive is the environment created by staff attitude.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Hello Jadedarlene!

WOW! Thank you for the amazing review! We are very proud of our amazing team and your review is a much appreciated pat on the back to all of our team members. Your review will be posted for all team members to see! We love serving our guests and making them feel at home.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Have a safe and Happy 4th of July!

Sales

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a fairly new large facility & we made a 'from the car' decision to stay here rather than the facility in Joplin. Because we were on the road, a phone call was the best choice. Chris answered our mobile call & helped us make the reservation, very promptly & correctly. My only criticism was the low commode in the bathroom . . . . As a Senior, a moderate height commode would have been nicer. No handrail in the shower was also a minus for me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
GM2445, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield Airport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hello Peg O!

Thank you for the amazing review of our team member Chris and our hotel. Chris is a new member of our team and we are thrilled to have him! Believe it or not our property was built in 2005. We have an amazing staff who take great pride in their work and keep this place looking brand new!

We do have rooms available that will have the handrails upon request. Let me know the next time you are traveling to Springfield, Missouri and we will get your reservations and requests made.

We will share this review with our team. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Have a wonderful day!

Sales Coordinator

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stay here several times a year , clean , great service, great area. Great pool , helpful staff. breakfast ok. Left my bag in dining area never missed another guest returned my bag with all monie and credit cards, speake volumes of the quility of guest that stay at this location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
GM2445, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield Airport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear MsAnneMarie5955,

We appreciate you; appreciate you staying with us several times a year as this speaks to how satisfied you are and appreciate you sharing your experience with other TripAdvisor users. We do truly have the best guests that make our jobs rewarding. So happy another guest turned in your missing wallet and you were able to reconnect! Good end to a trip!

We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Happy Summer!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The rooms were very clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. The food was excellent it was so good that there was not enough room in the breakfast area to sit and eat. We plan on staying there again next year. It is very close to our destination.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe A

Hello Joe A!!

Thank you so much for the great review!

We pride ourselves in our customer service and the biggest compliment you can give us is to return to our property. We love to see our guests return! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. What a great review!

We look forward to serving you again soon!

Sales Coordinator

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Staff was very attentive. We we're greated by several staff members each day. Zina was very helpful with our reservations. One young man was doing breakfast one day, the next day he was driving the shuttle and doing maintenance always with a big smile on his face. He stopped what he was doing to get us pool towels. Excellent!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
GM2445, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield Airport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Ziggnetto!

You met some great members of our team! Zina and Lee are both great ambassadors of the hotel and exemplify what great customer service is all about! We will share your thoughtful review with not only them, but the entire team. Guests like yourself make our jobs so rewarding and remind us how great it feels when you are satisfied!

Thank YOU for being our guests!

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night on a long road trip. We selected this hotel based on the #1 ranking on Trip Advisor. I usually find their rankings to be pretty accurate, but I'm honestly not sure how this one got to #1.

The room was clean, with the exception of one small glob of something gross stuck on the wall behind the toilet. It was the first thing I noticed when I walked in the bathroom, so I'm not sure how housekeeping missed it. I spent the rest of my stay wondering what else they missed, but ended up having no other concerns with the cleanliness.

The bed was terrible. As soon as I sat down on it I sunk into a hole. The mattress was just wore out. I tossed and turned all night and woke up with a sore back.

Breakfast was pretty average, nothing special. The only fruit was a bowl of canned peaches. I didn't even see any bananas. Note that breakfast ends at 9:00 during the week. After arriving late with our 2 small kids and letting them sleep in, we almost missed it. Most hotels have breakfast until at least 9:30.

Overall the room just had a cheap feel to it. The bathroom was very small. Shampoo was provided, but no lotion. 4 towels for 4 people, but only 3 washcloths?

I travel quite a bit for work and pleasure and I've seen a lot of hotels. This was my first time at a La Quinta, and I was not impressed. I would stay here again in a pinch, but I'll try a different hotel the next time I'm in Springfield.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello, Mrs. 2crazyboysmom!

Thank you for the thorough review and drawing attention to areas you'd like to see more attention! What we believe separates us from other hotels is our people - both our guests and our hotel team - and our commitment to our guests. Our people are our focus--we love our guests! Our goal is to win them all and we will be working hard to win your loyal business too. Give us another chance!