“Wonderful staff and volunteers”

Discovery Center of Springfield
Ranked #8 of 79 things to do in Springfield
Diamondhead, Mississippi
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Wonderful staff and volunteers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We brought our two granddaughters ages 2 and 9 to the discovery Center. There are activities for children of "all ages". Our younger granddaughter and my husband spent most of the morning in the toddlers area that kept our granddaughter entertained. Our older grandchild thoroughly enjoyed the various centers. She particularly enjoyed being on camera as a weather reporter and also enjoyed the static electricity demonstration. The staff, presumably who are volunteers, were patient and wonderful with the children. This is a small Children's musem in comparison to Discovery type centers in large cities but they seemed to have nearly the same features that we have seen in the larger big city museums for children. We spent approximately two hours there and our older granddaughter would have been happier staying longer, but our younger grandchild was ready to go.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Mississippi

Bentonville, Arkansas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun education for everyone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

This place is great! The kids got loads of hands on learning and had a really great time doing it. The best part was, we got in free with our Association of Science and Technology Centers passport, that came with a membership to Science City/Union Station in Kansas City.

Visited August 2013
Battlefield, MO
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing! Both educational & fun for all ages!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Discovery Center is a really large hands on science museum in downtown Springfield. It is fun and educational for all ages! It has many floors to discover! I recently went with my preschool class and can't wait to go back on my own when I can take time to more thoroughly check out the displays. I had not been in years(my kids are now grown) and I was very impressed with all the improvements that had been made. I would highly recommend visiting! Can sometimes be busy with school groups on field trips.

Visited April 2013
Rogersville, Missouri, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Day Out With the Kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I had to drag my boys, 6 & 3 out of the museum. There is so much to see and do for all ages, including Mom and Dad. The cost is kind of pricey, but is worth it if you are willing to spend a few 3+ hours, which we could have easily done.

Visited July 2013
Springfield, Missouri
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“fun time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Your kids will love it. It has interactive displays set up everywhere, and its an educational experience as well as a fun one.

As an adult, its not as enjoyable, depending on when you go. If you go on a busy day, you're going to have a bad time.

Visited January 2013