“I Love This Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here during a very stressful medical conference. From the time I walked in the door through the time I checked out, the attitude was, "Sure we can do that." The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was immaculate. The selection of snacks in the "Market" was nice and they also had many of the necessities. The room was cozy and the bed and pillows were so comfy. They hallways were quiet. Breakfast followed a much more traveler friendly schedule and the food was very good. I definitely will stay here again the net time I am in Springfield.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor. Elevators move quickly so not much wait for one.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Victoria B
plp50, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

What a wonderful review from a great guest! We love our guests and hope to always make you feel welcomed and cared for the way your family would care for you when visiting them! Please come again soon!!!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was my first time at this hotel. I was very pleasantly surprised the accommodations and the service at this hotel. Rooms were quiet, clean and comfortable. Service by staff was good. However, my stay was marred by Internet problems. The first night I was there the internet went down, the front staff did call in a service and general Internet was restored however, I could not connect with my VPN. I had a project that was due, that I had to ask for an extension because of this. This was very frustrating and marred what was an otherwise nice stay.

Room Tip: I selected a room away from the busy street (back side of the hotel). Very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
plp50, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

I am disappointed that your stay was marred in any way, let alone by internet issues. We certainly understand the importance of being able to access the internet at any time during your stay with us and to be able then to complete your work. I am apologizing for this unexplainable and poor service with our internet during your stay. I can assure we are looking into what may have caused that issue and are addressing the issues as found. I do hope you will give our hotel another opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Tripadvisior has never steered me wrong and they didn't disappoint this time around, either.
The hotel was clean, the service good and the front desk woman VERY nice and accommodating.
It there was one thing I would have changed when this place was built, it would be to make it more sound proof.
I could hear the traffic from the highway, the guy on the phone next door and everything in the hall.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
plp50, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

We love that you addessed us as "Very good place to stay"! Thank you for your kind remarks but mostly for your comments on areas we could have improved upon. If and when you travel to the Springfield, MO area again and stay with us please ask for a room on the backside of the hotel. That will alleviate at the very least any highway noises you might hear. Thank you again for staying at our hotel - all of our guests are valued customes, and hopefully friends in the end as well!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Another week in Springfield for the NCHBC homeschool basketball tournament, another great stay at this wonderful Holiday Inn Express property! It appears that some of the management and staff may have changed since last year (sadly, our favorite breakfast attendant from years past was not there), but our experience was great as always. The rooms are super-clean and comfortable, and the double-queen suite was definitely large enough to call home for our week-long stay. The staff was terrific and more than accommodating to our group, allowing us to use the breakfast room throughout the day for meals, and they even allowed our kids to use the room for an "all-nighter" on the last night of the tournament.

This property has come to feel like home to our group, and we always enjoy our time in Springfield and at the Holiday Inn Express Medical District. Looking forward to next year!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
plp50, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments! We always look forwarding to having the MHEA team stay with us each year as all of the players and parents are courteous and respectful. We hope that as long as the tournament is hosted in Springfield, that your team will return to stay with us each year. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was a very nice hotel. It was clean, the bed & pillows were comfortable & the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was really good & had a nice selection. The only minus was w/the hot tub. My husband went to use it & came back saying that when the jets turned on some gross stuff started coming out so he jumped out. He reported it to the front desk person & when we mentioned it at check out the next morning they said they had already taken care of the problem. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I am glad that you will visit us again in the future! We very much appreciate your husband bringing this to our attention so that we were able to address the issue quickly. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Nice hotel that is conveniently located within a couple miles of good shopping and restaurants. We stayed here one night over a recent weekend for a hockey tournament. The staff was very nice at check in and check out. The property can't be that old. The exterior to the room was very quiet in spite of a pretty busy road running in front of it. The biggest issue we had was the noise in the room above us. A lot of footsteps and bed squeaking between 2:00 and 3:00 a.m. Was surprised at that but that's not necessarily the hotels fault. Although they may have very thin ceilings/floors??

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us! It is always a pleasure to hear such kind comments. I do apologize for the noise above you and hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights for a basketball tournament and could not have been happier. The rooms are large and clean, the breakfast was good, and the staff was very professional and accommodating, given the number of teens in our group. The only complaint that I have is that the Internet band width was very low and we couldn't watch some of our games that were streamed live. We cannot wait to return here next year.

• Stayed: March 2014
plp50, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

We are so very happy to hear that you will be returning to our hotel next year! We so value you and your group as our guests! These have to be the best behaved, most polite group of kids on the planet! We look forward to having your teams stay with us each year!
And thank you for bringing to our attention the issues with the bandwidth for our internet. We are looking into what we might possibly be able to do to remedy that issue. The only way we can become a better hotel is through the advice and comments from wonderful guests such as you!