“Nice atmosphere”

Ranked #9 of 21 Bakeries in Springfield
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Food was great and you can shop afterwards? I ate the chicken salad and my friend had the quiche. The nutty salad was wonderful. Tea was good. The had clean restrooms with a candle burning and decorate so cute. We had a homemade mint at the end of the meal that was great. The bakery had so many things to choose from. Bought a snicker doodle cookie.

Visited April 2012

“They have the best bakery I have ever...”
Reviewed 3 February 2010

They have the best bakery I have ever been to. My wife ( who is pregnant ) has made me get her cookies from there. They are like a drug to her. I tried a sandwich to, it was ok but if you go, go for the bakery!!

Spingfield, MO.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Baked Goods”
Reviewed 9 May 2008

It is my mission to try every tea room in Springfield and this one is at the top of the list. First of all the atmosphere is warm and inviting. I didn't feel the slightest bit out of place even though I was a single diner. My server was warm and made me feel very welcomed. For lunch I tried the chicken salad sandwich - I love that it comes in a half portion. It was scrumptious! The toasted raisin bread perfectly complemented the slightly sweet chicken salad. Paired with the salty kettle chips and tart pickle, it was the perfect meal. Beth's Bake Shoppe also offers a well-stocked pastry case - yummy. For dessert I had a lemon cupcake - delicious and I can say with some authority that it was certainly the best cupcake I have had in Springfield so far (Another one of my missions). I wouldn't hesitate to take my father or husband here, although the majority of the clientèle are women. Great food and delectable pastries - what could be better! If you are a true Chowhound, then you are missing out on something great if you don't visit this gem of a tea room.

1 Thank Saun7
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Beth is one of my clients and her place is so nice and her cakery items are to die for !!!”
Reviewed 28 January 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
all around the world
“Ladies that Lunch”
Reviewed 28 February 2007

Drive west on Republic Road. Keep driving west. A little further west. Now that you're starving, and you are a woman, enjoy this out of the way place for lunch that is a little too girly, but worth tolerating if they are offering the warm coconut cake for dessert. Or, the red velvet cake. Or any cake. Of course, you can eat here if you're a man, but be prepared to look as if you'd rather be eatin' bar-b-que if one of your pals walks in. Of course, he's there too, so what can he say? You're both there for the great lunch so deal with it. The menu offers sammiches, really good cous cous salad (but probably not always, just if you are lucky to be there that day) green salads and soups and who knows what else. Take your grandmother, or your mother or your sister and save room for dessert. With your check, you will get one of those odd rose shaped buttermints that were only served at weddings in the '80s, but you'll enjoy it and wish for another.