“Great value!”

Value Place Springfield
Ranked #37 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
“Great value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Great monthly rate. Place was very clean and beds were comfy. Onsite laundry was great. Stayed for a month and will stay there again next time I am in Spribgfield. Staff was friendly and helpful. Needs wi-fi nit just ethernet.

• Stayed September 2013
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Springfield, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Thank you for the nice review! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be getting WiFi soon! We hope that will come back and be able to use the new WiFi!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Upon checking in, I went upstairs to unpack in the room I was assigned for a one week stay. The room had not been cleaned at all and was very much in disarray. I took the elevator back down to inform the front desk about this and instantly noticed a strong odor of urine inside the elevator ( I would have canceled my stay at that point if they would have allowed refunds).During my stay I noted that the air conditioner/heater barely worked, there were stains that appeared to be blood on the ceiling and smoke detector, the laundry facility was dirty, there was only one employee who was polite and helpful, the others were extremely rude. When it came time to check out, I meticulously cleaned and the re-cleaned just to be safe. I went to the front desk to turn in my keys and be refunded my $100 deposit. Melody and Ron were the employees working at this time and Melody checked the room then came back saying I won't be getting my deposit back because "the room was not cleaned" and the sheets and towels were used. They also said because I had not returned a paper where I was asked to rate their service that I was going to be charged $45! What a joke! Don't waste your money!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cory P
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Springfield, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all guest feedback and use it to improve. I have emailed you separately so that I can address the specifics of your stay. We hope that you will reconsider Value Place for your lodging needs.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed here for a week for a basketball tournament, and only chose this hotel due to price. We walked in and were "greeted" by a rude, borderline hostile desk worker, and once we made it up to our room, we discovered a strong smell of marijuana emenating from the room next door, and seeping in through our bathroom vent. Upon bringing this to the staff's attention, they informed us "there's nothing we can really do about it". Horrible people skills. Not surprised to hear that the hotel has changed owners sevral times in the past four years.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Piersonjoe24
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Having spent more than a month here on a temporary business assignment I thought it prudent to write a review.

The rooms are clean, quiet, comfortable, and maintained by a dedicated manager and staff
The property is in an excellent location with many nearby amenities. Starbucks, two banks, a pharmacy, a U. S. Post Office, a FedEx business center, a beauty/nail salon, five restaurants and a fabulous Price Cutter food market are just a five minute walk away. The Price Cutter is particularly handy since all the rooms at Value Place have a full kitchen.

A fifteen minute walk will take you along well lit streets to three night clubs. In case you need to repent for your night on the town there are Catholic and Baptist churches within walking distance.

A ten minute walk gets you to a lovely city park that is complete with walking trails and a well-equipped playground for children.

A five minute drive north will get you to the Palace Theater. At the Palace, believe it or not, all movies are just $3 unless you attend on Tuesdays when the price is only $1! These admission prices are not typos.

However, I have saved the best thing about Value Place for last. The prices here absolutely cannot be beaten anywhere! A week’s lodging here costs about the same price that other hotels in the area charge for a couple of days.

So, at Value Place you get a clean, quiet, comfortable room with kitchen in a great location for a truly great price.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank JJ L
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

Very friendly people work here.The service is great,the rooms are comfortable and clean.I would recommend it to everyone.
Thanks,
Jay

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Would highly recommend this loacation - I visited family here in Springfield for a month - this gave me privacy for "down time". Premises are very clean inside and out. Staff is most courteous to answer any questions, be of assistance and most pleasant. Rooms are very clean, no insects. Appliances are new, TV had all channels working at all times. Located at the edge of the city, which makes it appear you are in the country. Very quiet - no abusive noise at any time. No partying. Meets the ticket at any time. I have lived in Dallas, San Diego and now on my way to Clearwater for the Winter months. Nice stop along the way.

Room Tip: First floor was and is ideal for me - since I have to carry my own luggage, etc. Laundry is on fir...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Western USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

I had business in Springfield for 4 days, possibly 7 so I gambled on staying at the Value Place hotel to possibly save some money. The rooms were $200ish per week.

I loved this place. It was really really clean, well maintained and quiet. I stayed for the whole week and never heard commotion. I discovered the laundry room on the first floor and did some laundry while I was there. The washing machines and dryers worked perfectly. My room was on the second floor.

It can be a little difficult to get to. You see it from the freeway but access to it is a little tough the first time. It is worth the effort.

The people are friendly and easy to get along with.

It is a little different form a normal hotel. They do not have someone at the front desk late into the night. You are inventoried in and out because there are utensils and things in your room like cutting boards, etc and you do not get daily maid service.

I chose to pay $10 for Internet service for the week. It was worth it. It was wired Internet, not wifi, which his faster and more secure, but you need a cable. I had to go to Walmart a few miles away to buy one.

Stay here. You can thank me later.

Room Tip: I think the first floor is for locals or something like that. It is worth it to go up to the 2nd or...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business