“Excellent”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, IL
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Checked into Candlewood Suite after having had a bad experience at another hotel across the road. Had two rooms one for friend with dog and a room on a separate floor. Everything was great. Staff excellent both in checking in and out. Hotel common areas and room were spotless, clean and comfortable. This is a suites hotel with a kitchenette. No restaurant but a "pantry" with a number of food items. Plus plenty of restaurants nearby and location great ----just off of I-44. Also, importantly, the rate was not much more then the hotel we checked out of and a much better value.

Room Tip: Houlihans good spot for dinner and only a few blocks away.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank photoworld
Gerrie Y, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear Photoworld,

It is through guest reviews like this that me know we are on the right track. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I truly love hearing how great of a stay our guests have with us, especially on their first stay with us.

Please come back and see us again real soon!

Gerrie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Goddard, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

I have been staying at this Candlewood Suites for the past 4 years. From day one Teresa Shuler, Diretor of Sales has always made it feel like my home away from home. This property is always clean and well maintained. I recommend staying at this Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank james T
Gerrie Y, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear JamesT,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest for so many years and for recognizing Teresa so how great she is. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We look forward to you coming back to us real soon!

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

I am a Platinum Priority Club member. This means I spend a lot of nights in hotels. This Candlewood Suites does seem to go the extra mile to be friendly and courteous. I was here 2 weeks in a row and made changes in my time frame both times. Staff at front desk were better at making you feel as a guest than any $200 a night hotel. They greeted me each morning and afternoon in a friendly but professional manner. If Holiday Inn needs a training center all they need to do is have staff spend a few days at this hotel, they would all learn a lot about how to treat people staying at their hotels. After a particularly challenging business day it was nice to be consoled like a friend who had a bad day upon my return to the hotel. Management is doing something here that other hoteliers could learn from. This is where I will be staying when in Springfield and I would highly recommend anyone else to do the same.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tom1887
Gerrie Y, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Tom1887,

I am so thrilled to have read this review! We work really hard so that our guests feel like our hotel is their home away from home. Thank you for taking the time to write this for us! We appreciate you and hope you come back and visit soon!

Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

As many will attest, it's hard to find a hotel unaffected by the recent bedbug plague. Not only were there NONE in my room, housekeeping did an immaculate job overall. In fact, I was so impressed that I stayed there again on my return trip a day later! I was driving a large 26' diesel box truck and found this hotel's location to be *very* convenient. Another nice feature was the ease of driving a large rig in and out as well as parking it. Speaking of parking, due to the layout, you can park your truck a distance from the other rooms in order to keep noise to a minimum for other guests. Freeway (I-44) access couldn't be any easier unless there was an on-ramp in the parking lot ;-)

I was so impressed with the cleanliness and functionality of the facility, I almost forgot to mention one of the "unsung heroes" of customer service at the front desk: ALLEN. He should write a book on customer service because he is an expert! He was very alert to any issues that I might have been having, whether unloading, loading or with incidentals. He is the "go-to" problem solver.

As a motorsport enthusiast, I was thrilled to discover that Candlewood Suites is a NHRA drag racing sponsor. I have not visited other Candlewood Suites as of yet, but after this experience, they'll get the first shot at my business. If this property is any indication, they could all be "winners"!

Room Tip: The 2nd floor where I stayed is pet-free and non-smoking. Some other floors allow pets. Note that...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Roger B
Gerrie Y, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear Roger B,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the efforts from our team. We truly take pride in providing a hotel where our guests feel like they are at home. Allen is definitely one of our superstars!

Please come back and see us again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Great hotel, everything possible exceeded our expectations!

Front desk staff were helpful and courtesy. Recommendations for local restaurants for dinner were spot on.

Gerri Lynn was great. Loved the Linen and sheets.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank tagme710
Dear Tagme710,

I am so happy to hear when our Team exceeds the expectations of our guests! That means we are on the right track! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to give your kudos to the team!

Please come back and stay with us longer!

Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Stayed here 2 nights after landing our private aircraft at KSGF. This hotel has the most positive wonderful team attitude in its staff; everyone seemed genuinely intent on making our stay superb. We couldn't have been more impressed with every single staff member we met. The maintenance engineer was so friendly to us in the fitness room where he was checking that the equipment was functioning well for guests. The cleaning ladies were sure not just making the motions like we sometimes spot staff doing in hotels, but instead they appeared to be taking real pride in ensuring that the lovely lobby area was gleaming. Allen, Patrick and sorry I forgot the nice girl's name, were so helpful, friendly and professional on the front desk. All these staff members really impressed us. Then we met Gerrie Schoors (the manager) and it was easy to see where the positive inspiration for her staff was coming from. Both Gerrie and Teresa (sales director) set the bar high for looking after guests, but in the most amazing positive inflence manner. They inspire the great team spirit here. Gerrie, as Captain of this team, you sure are doing all the right things, and guests like us are the benefactors! It was a real pleasure to stay in your hotel, and we hope to come back.
Rooms are beautiful, and the free coffee in the pantry is a very appreciated touch. As well, the free laundry facilities at this location are the best I have seen in a Candlewood. Lots of machines mean that you can wash or dry clothes without annoying waiting, and the ones I used were working beautifully.
The location of this hotel makes it so convenient. We were right close to the Springfield Basspro location - which my husband and I both adored. (This this the main/head office location of Basspro - where it all started.) Then we were right around the corner from the highway to drive about 40 minutes to Branson. If you go to Branson, be sure to see the Basspro location there, and treat yourself to a fine dining meal at their "Fish House" restaurant. The alligator appetizer is amazing.
The location and facilites are both great, but the staff at this Candlewood Suites location are what set it totally above other hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PA32pilot
Dear PA32pilot,

This review truly warmed my heart. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your travels and busy schedule to write this kind review. We are so happy that you had such a great experience with us and in the Ozarks!

Please come back and see us again soon!!!

oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

Top notch place, very comfortable bed and pillows, everything there that you need whether you stay one night or a few. Room has microwave, stove, refrigerator, free wifi. Convenient location right off the highway. Would definately stay there again and recommend it to others.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank livinthedream1960
Dear Livinthedream1960,

Thank you so much for writing this review. We take great pride in providing a great hotel that our guests love!

Please come back and visit us again real soon!