“Candlewood Suites- Military Friendly”

Candlewood Suites Springfield
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wheaton
“Candlewood Suites- Military Friendly”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have stayed at the Candlewood many times. It has not changed since my first visit. I have gotten to know most of the people that work there. The staff is excellent. They are friendly and they take good care of you. I am in the military and got a great discount. I have also worked with Teresa a lot for my soldiers and she goes out of her way to make sure that we are taken care of. If she sees you, she asks how you are and she actually cares. My last visit there, I showed up at 8am to make a reservation for that night. At the time I didn't realize that I didn't have to be to work until 5pm so I had all day to waste. Allen a general manager, told me that I could check in as soon as I wanted to because my room was already ready. He didn't make me wait until check-in time. I am thankful for that because I wouldn't have had anywhere else to go. He also offered me a complimentary drink. I love the staff at this hotel. They are amazing. The rooms are nice. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Samantha P
Allen B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear SamanathaP, Thanks you for your kind remarks about our staff. It is our Honor to do what we can for the men and women that fight for our freedom. The staff here looks forward to your next visit.

Allen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Georgiana, Alabama
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff was extremely rude to me. They refused to give me new towels and my sheets were dirty. The housekeepers knocked on my door at 8:00 a.m. while I was asleep and said I either got service then or never. So, If I were you I would never stay there. The rates for rooms are too expensive for such horrible hospitality.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor are extremely smoky
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Kathylittle
Allen B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Ms Kathylittle,

Im so sorry for your experience. As you can see from our reviews that the experience you had is not normal for our Guest. Im going to follow up on this and see where we dropped the ball and what we need to do to keep this from every happening again.

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I deal with Candlewood Suites on a monthly basis. Mrs. Teresa Shuler is top notch and aims to please, there really is no competetion in my eyes. Her great customer service brings me and my soldiers back every month! The hotel staff is always pleasant and always meets the customers request. The rooms are very clean and spacious. I would recommend this establishment to the Pope himself! Great location right off of I-44 and great access to all of Springfields finest tourist attractions.

Room Tip: King Rooms are the best when it comes to feeling at home
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Cody M
Dear Freedom Fighter 88,

You said it very well Ms. Teresa Shuler is Top notch. Her skills at customer service amaze me. We are pleased to see out men and women in the service come thru our doors. We consider it an Honor to give back. And like you said we will see you next month.

At your service ,

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed here for two nights as part of a 3 week road trip from Vegas to Orlando.
Room and bathroom good size, both clean and tidy, although the bathroom lacks storage area for toiletries, etc. Having only a small counter top and no additional shelving.
Good size flat screen TV with a reasonable channel selection and the Wi-Fi was good.
On the down side. Beds were a bit small and a little too soft. The air con unit was way too noisy with no way of turning the fan speed down from high! Unfortunately we also suffered from the person in the room above literally thumping across the floor for what seemed hours at a time at night then in the morning.
Apart from the above, a reasonable two nights stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Hotrod855
Dear Ozark Hotel Daredevil,

Thanks for making us part of your stop on your trip to Orlando. Im very sorry to hear about the noise from the a/c unit and the thumping person above you. We try and and keep the nights quite so our guest can relax and enjoy a good nights rest. On your next trip we will find you a quite cool room I promise.Thanks for staying with us.

Missouri
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I booked a room at Candlewood on E. Kerr St. for July 19 arrivaling from the airport 12 midnight or later. Well, we were so tired we drove to the other location at 2800 N Glenstone Ave. and checked in. The man at the counter didn't have a booked room under our name and he suggested we call the Southern location. So we checked in because we were to tired to drive to the other location. I called E. Kerr St. and talked to a VERY NICE and understanding women, she was going to call her Manager and clear it with her so we wouldn't get charged for a room at that location too. She called me back at Glenstone and had taken care of everything in a very professional way. I am SO thankful for them to understand and not charge for a additional room since we made a big OPPS!!! So much for flying into Springfield so late at night!! If we do go and stay in Springfield again we will try the KERR STREET one!! GREAT PEOPLE!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SgtDonna
Dear SgtDonna,

Life is full of "Opps" Im very glad we could help out. Thanks for all You do for Our country.
Our team looks forwrd to your next late night flight into Springfield.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My team and I were guests at the Candlewood in June, and our experience was truly top shelf. The rooms were very clean and functional........and the availability of the meeting room made the stay very efficent for the business meetings that were part of our agenda.

We have nothing but great things to say about this facility............and, based on that, we have another meeting/stay planned for later this week.

Kudos to the Candlewood Suites Team for Great Customer Service!!

Best Regards...........Tim Goeke (RockTenn Company)

Room Tip: Great access to restaurants in the I-44 corridor.......including many that are walking distance. Ve...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tim G
Mr Goeke,

Thank you for all you kind words. We here at Candlewood work hard to make sure each of our guest has the best experience possible. We look forward to your next visit.

Waynesville, Missouri
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This was our first stay at Candlewood Suites Springfield I-44. We couldn't have asked for a better stay anywhere! Courteous staff and SUPER clean room. LOVED the pillows! Our room had a kitchenette with regular size refrigerator. Didn't even know this was part of our room. SUPER!

Brenda

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brenda W
Gerrie Y, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Brenda,

Thank you for taking a chance on us! We are pride ourselves on being a hidden gem off of Glenstone. I am so happy that your experience was beyond your expectations. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We can't wait for you to stay with us again real soon!

Gerrie