“Newer Candlewood”

Candlewood Suites Springfield
Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel is about 5 years old (without a ton of people traffic here it seems brand new). It's clean. It is well run. The cupboard is well stocked and cheaper than most cupboards at other Candlewoods. The check in area is spacious, comfortable and inviting. The Glade air fresheners placed throughout the hotel in the hallways is a nice touch as the hallways then smell good. Way to go Candlwood Suites of Springfield. You will always have my business.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Paul R.:

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our best to pay attention to the details and make sure that each guest leaves happy and we are overjoyed to see that it shows. Thanks so much for the feedback and the kind words. We can't wait to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Springfield

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have stayed here multiple times and everytime I return, the experience is better than before. I check in kinda late and the front desk staff is so happy. I had a minor issue and Ronnie was very quick to make me feel right at home. I will never stay anywhere else while in Springfield Missouri.

• Stayed: December 2013
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Mkdoberiner:

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. I'm delighted to hear that we have a loyal guest such as yourself. Additionally, I know Ronnie will be excited to hear that she was able to assist you. Thanks for the review and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The property was as well as our suite was extremely clean and the staff makes you feel most welcome. We rolled up or should I say slip and slided all the way from I-44 to the parking lot. Springfield tried to do a good job but it was tough for them to remove 8 inches of snow.. We realized we stayed here when they had the Grand Opening BBQ 6 years earlier. We missed the festivities by 30 minutes. This time we used our Priority Club Points and upon checking in Wayne presented me with the US Today I called ahead and requested. He had all my registration papers ready for me to sign. I asked him one question - Does the room have 2 TV's and the answer was YES!!! We were placed in a one bedroom suite. Wayne also made my wife's weekend by telling her, " yes we have the Hallmark Channel." Brittany also was very helpful and friendly sharing her appreciation on choosing Candlewood Suite for our stay.
Staying here puts you less than a mile from I-44 and just a short drive to numerous eating establishments and a walk across the parking lot to a Cracker Barrel. This location also puts you a short drive to Bass Pro. We originally had planned to make a day trip to Branson to go to Silver Dollar City but with just limited operations, extreme cold, and all the sloppy roads we decided to stay safe by staying local. We just had a great lay back day of eating, shopping and watching football. I would highly recommend staying here at the Candlewood Suite North near I - 44. Thank you for making our stay a very relaxing, comfortable, and enjoyable time.

Room Tip: Join the IHG / Priority Club and let your loyalty and points work for you. By getting your Platinum...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Mrsevteacher:

I'm so excited to hear that you had a great stay with us. I most definitely remember both you and your wife and wanted to take a moment to tell you what a pleasure it was to meet and serve both of you. On behalf of myself and the staff thank you for the kind words and the feedback. And, I know Brittny will be very happy to hear that she helped make your stay a more enjoyable one. Thanks and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

The name is misleading. This is an extended stay hotel. Room was super small and not at all what I would consider a "suite." Couldn't even walk on one side of the bed because it was nearly up against the wall. The laundry room and gym are the same room so the dryers make it feel like a sauna (not in a good way) while you're working out, and they have the A/C unit in there disabled so you can't even try to cool it down. No free breakfast. There were two kleenexes left in the only box of tissues in the room. No ice machines because the rooms have refrigerators with ice makers, but of course you have to wait for ice to be made after you turn it on and if you forget to shut it off at night you get to hear the ice crash into the tray alllll night looooonnng. With that being said, the hotel is clean and modernly decorated, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was pleasant.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank S M
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear S M:

I'm very saddened to hear that our facilities failed to meet your expectations. We do have some larger rooms that I would love for you to have the opportunity to try if you ever travel through Springfield again. As for the other issues that you brought to my attention, I will be conducting a staff meeting to discuss these issues so that we might better serve all our guests. I greatly appreciate your feedback and I would love the opportunity to serve you again. Thanks so much for staying and for taking the time to review our hotels.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The staff here is some of the best and friendliest I've seen in years. They were quick at check in, fast with a joke and all the information I needed. I was upgraded to a larger room since the hotel wasn't full on a Friday night. The hotel and room was spotless, with only a little wear evident on the desk chair.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bart J
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Bart J.:

I'm really happy to hear that the staff and accomodations were all that you expected and more. We truly enjoy what we do here and it's great to hear that it shows. Thanks so much for the kind words we greatly appreciate it. Safe travels and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Was "upgraded" to a corner room on the 2nd floor. Everything was great, except that the wi-fi in the bedroom was terrible. I normally enjoy surfing the net before going to bed, but that wasn't possible here. If I ever come back, I'll make sure to get avoid the corners.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Joe D.:

I'm sorry to hear that the Wireless Service in your room was not up to your expectations. I want to assure you that I have already had a technician here today to look over our Wireless Service and identify and correct any issues. I greatly appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to review our property, your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you on your future travels to Springfield.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have been using this location for our out of town business guests and recently several meetings. The property is clean and attentive to details. The employees are friendly and accomodating to our needs. I will be booking more out of town businss guests here and using the meeting room facilities when the need arises. Great job!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle S
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Michelle S.:

We greatly appreciate the kind words and feedback. I am very happy to hear that we are able to fullfill all of your needs for both rooms and meetings. All of the staff tries to make each and every guest feel at home. Thanks for staying and we can't wait to see you again.