I booked my stay at this hotel thinking I was actually headed to the Candlewood on Springfield's South side. As happens more often that I'd like to admit, I wrote the wrong number down upon calling.... long story short, I ended up here.
At first, I was bummed, as Springfield's north side tends to leave a lot to be desired compared to the more quiet, kept-up, south side.
However, no worries here. This hotel is in a cluster with about four others, situated far enough north to remove any worries a female traveling alone might have about being in this town's north side alone.
There was a rather large convention in town, leading the hotels in the area (including this one) to be full of attendees. This can often be a recipe for loud, annoying disaster; however, at this property? Despite the large amount of attendees who were also guests, the stay was just as quiet as all my other Candlewood stays have been.
Once more, the hotel staff at the Candlewood was extremely friendly-- from the front desk to the cleaning staff. This always cheers me up, as traveling alone for work as I do can get very lonely, and having congenial people at your nightly abodes is just a huge bonus.
I don't know how Candlewood is able to do this time and time again, but this visit was no different, and it's what keeps me seeking out C-Woods any time I can.
I'd highly recommend this option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Stay at the Best of Springfield, Missouri Hotels Rated as offering 'excellent' service and designed with long-term travelers in mind, the Award Winning Candlewood Suites extended stay hotel in Springfield is the ideal place to stay. We're convenient to Springfield-Branson National Airport (SGF) and downtown Springfield, Missouri. Our hotel's guests enjoy a variety of attractions, from the indoor marvels of the Bass Pro Shop to the outdoor magnificence of the Fantastic Caverns nine miles from the hotel. In Springfield, you can shop at Battlefield Mall or see a captivating show at the Hammons Center for Performing Arts, all only a short drive from our extended stay hotel. Springfield is also home to businesses such as Students and Free Enterprise, Springfield Underground, John Deere, Evangel University, Drury University and Missouri State University - Springfield. Lodging here lets you enjoy the ultimate extended stay suites for business travelers, as well as a 768-sq. Ft. Meeting room and a 24-hour Business Center. Planning an extended stay in Springfield? Our suites have all the amenities you want, like fully equipped kitchens, free high-speed Internet access, large work spaces, recliners and triple-sheeted bedding. With a meal from the Candlewood Cupboard and a free DVD from the lending library, you can expect a comfortable stay at our extended stay hotel in Springfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Candlewood Suites Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Candlewood Springfield
- Springfield Candlewood Suites