“Candlewood Gets it Right Again!”

Candlewood Suites Springfield
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I booked my stay at this hotel thinking I was actually headed to the Candlewood on Springfield's South side. As happens more often that I'd like to admit, I wrote the wrong number down upon calling.... long story short, I ended up here.

At first, I was bummed, as Springfield's north side tends to leave a lot to be desired compared to the more quiet, kept-up, south side.

However, no worries here. This hotel is in a cluster with about four others, situated far enough north to remove any worries a female traveling alone might have about being in this town's north side alone.

There was a rather large convention in town, leading the hotels in the area (including this one) to be full of attendees. This can often be a recipe for loud, annoying disaster; however, at this property? Despite the large amount of attendees who were also guests, the stay was just as quiet as all my other Candlewood stays have been.

Once more, the hotel staff at the Candlewood was extremely friendly-- from the front desk to the cleaning staff. This always cheers me up, as traveling alone for work as I do can get very lonely, and having congenial people at your nightly abodes is just a huge bonus.
I don't know how Candlewood is able to do this time and time again, but this visit was no different, and it's what keeps me seeking out C-Woods any time I can.

I'd highly recommend this option.

Room Tip: Make sure to bank your IHG points. Also, if you have a secured rate for the business trip you're...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank The_Flight_Risk
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear The_Flight_Risk:

Thank you so very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. It is truly a pleasure to serve you and I'm glad to hear that the staff and facilities lived up to your expectation of what a Candlewood is. I can't wait to share your words with my staff. Safe travels and we hope to see you again!

Layne Bradley

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I read several reviews both on Hotels.com and Trip Advisor before booking this hotel. I have to say that this is the best place I have ever stayed that didn't cost over $200 a night.

The staff was friendly and accommodating from when we first checked in. The room booked was a smoking room and I called ahead of time to see if they had any non smoking available but was informed they were all booked up. I had reservations about the smokey smell of most rooms but you couldn't even tell that this was a smoking room when we walked in. The room's perks included a small kitchen area including fully stocked cabinets, a small stove, a dishwasher, a sink, and a fridge. The room also included a desk area, a recliner, as well as TV and DVD player - the front desk even had an extensive list of movies you could check out during your stay. The bathroom area was bigger than most hotel bathrooms affording space to move around and not feel cramped. Even the quality of the hand and face soaps they provided were superior to most hotels in my opinion. The beds and linens were perfect, no scratchy blankets here. Each bed had 4 pillows as well as a bolster pillow. The beds were a comfortable firmness and I don't think I've slept better away from home as I did here.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in and around the Springfield Missouri area.

The hotel did not provide breakfast but had an area where food and drink items could be purchased, it was also within walking distance of a few bars and several places to have a meal. Aside from the slight road construction at a nearby intersection this location provided us with great access to anywhere in the city.

Kuddos to this hotel and its staff for making this an amazing stay, I will definitely be booking my next room at Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Beth M:

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I know the staff will be excited to hear about your kind words. Safe travelling, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We ended up needing a last minute place to stay in Springfield and choose this hotel and used our points. The room was nice and clean with a kitchenette. Bed was nice but the single queen room we were in had the bed far too close to the wall for the second person to get in without climbing over the bed. It seemed to be set up more for a single person instead of two.

This hotel chain does not serve breakfast so bring your own to put in the fridge or go out to eat.

Over all a very nice hotel that I would totally recommend. Have stayed in others. They are all very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Susie G.:

Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I greatly appreciate the recommendation and hope to see you again the next time you're in Springfield. Safe traveling.

Layne Bradley

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Probably worth five stars, but it is hard to say something is perfect. This comes close. It is a budget property, without the bells and whistles of some, but it is very good for what it is. Clean, quiet, comfortable beds and very good staff. Rooms are large with kitchenettes. Large bathrooms and lots of hot water. An excellent choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Minnetonkalady
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Minnetonkalady:

Thank you for making us your choice while you were in Springfield. And thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm delighted to hear that the rooms and staff lived up to your expectations. We here at Candlewood want to wish you safe travels and we hope you come see us again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stay here twice a year for car shows/swap meets at the fairgrounds. Nice comfortable suites, with all the comforts of home. Beds are comfortable. Staff is very nice and helpful. Convenient location just off Interstate 44 and Glenstone, tucked in behind the Lamplighter Inn. Lots of restaurants close by. Highly recommend this place. Rates are very reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darwil2
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear darwil2:

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are all delighted to hear that you enjoy staying with us and that you come back year after year. Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback and for the recommendation. Safe travels and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I had a doctor appointment at the spine center and my insurance covered the cost of our two-night stay. The hotel room was very clean and had a kitchen with dishes, pots and pans, refrigerator, and several other nice features. The bed was ultra comfortable. Nice gym and snack shop at the hotel. It was close to several attractions. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I am not sure which rooms are the best. Ours was upstairs and everything was great, except the peop...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda V
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Linda V:

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And, we always appreciate feedback and reviews. Have safe travels and come see us again when you're in Springfield.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very well suited to the longer stays but fine for an overnight as well. Rooms are very comfortable, clean and have the mini kitchenette which is handy. Staff are great and are keen to help you and the little snack room downstairs is handy as well. No breakfast but there are some restaurants close by including walking distance. Room prices are very reasonable and laundry use is free. Only negative is the single, and perhaps the worlds slowest, lift.

Room Tip: The lower level the better due to the lift
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear SPD2014:

On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for the kind words and taking the time to review our property. We are very glad that you found the facilities to your liking. We wish you safe travels and hope the next to your in Springfield that you come see us again.