“good at everything”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Antonio, Texas
“good at everything”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This motel was a real find. The room had everything that could be expected at a more expensive lodging. The breakfast had more than a sensible person would want to eat. The staff was more than helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

rnottle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Bud R.,

Thank you for your great Trip Advisor review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Best Western PLUS Coach House! We are very pleased with the renovations that were made to our property and feel that it greatly benefits our guests! Our goal at the Best Western PLUS Coach House is to make sure our guest's receive superior customer care...whether that be supplying them with updated room ammenities like the microwave, refrigerator, and flat-screen television or serving up scrambled eggs and sausage with a smile each morning. It is good to know you appreciate our efforts! We would love to see you again any time you have to come through Springfield. Thanks again for your time and review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Novi, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2013

It was nice having a restaurant on site, but they could have used a little extra help. With the discount coupon from the hotel, the meal was a good value. Rooms are dispursed around the property which provided a nice quiet setting. The remoteness of some of the rooms made it a little distance to get to the main office for breakfast. Recommend that breakfast hours be extended to allow the guests some time to get to and from the dining area, or the property owner should dedicate one or two remote rooms for 24 hour beverage service and possibly some light breakfast items.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

rnottle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you so much in taking the time to write a review on our hotel! I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed how peaceful it is here at Best Western Plus Coach House! With that being said, I want to apologize about your room being such a far distance from the lobby/breakfast area. We here at Best Western PLUS Coach House want to put every guests needs first! The next time you are in Springfield, Missouri and looking for a quiet place to spend your time and relax, give us a call and if you let any one of my Front Desk clerks know you would like a room close to the lobby, they will be more then happy to assist you! Although we can not guarantee room numbers at the time of reservation unless it is on the day of, we will gladly assist you that way you are much closer to our delicious, award winning breakfast which consists of scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, toast even muffins and so many more options to chose from every morning! Again thank you very much for your wonderful review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in town!
Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Property is beautiful and parking is directly in front of one's room which is handy for unpacking and repacking the car. It is situated on the main strip close to many restaurants and stores. Easy access to the freeway. The motel itself could use some updating. It was very clean but the amenities were cheap. A Best Western PUS should provide a higher quality of toilet tissue. The one in the room was like sandpaper. One chooses the PLUS over the standard Best Western expecting better but not here. In fact, breakfast also had a choice of no name prducts. Quite disappointing and not appetizing. One does not have to venture too far for a decent meal because there was a ZIGGIES Cafe on the premises in a separate building. An abundance of food for a decent price. Should have gone there for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! I'm so glad you appreciated our convenient location and the way our hotel is set up for easy access to your room! I do want to take this time to apologize about not only our toilet tissue, but our breakfast as well. After looking into it I'm not sure exactly what happened but it sounds to me like we dropped the ball on you during your stay. I am so sorry we let this happen to you but I am happy to let you know that for breakfast we do offer scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, muffins or cinnamon rolls also toast, cereal, fruit even waffles every morning! We hope you can give us another opportunity to change your oppinion about Best Western PLUS Coach House during your next visit to Springfield, Missouri!
Winchester
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Attended the 2013 Fall Street Machine Nationals. This place was packed with folks attending this event. Our Room was awesome as usual and the staff is top notch. I feel for the folks that weren't part of this event, because it gets really crazy up until 11pm and it would be hard to rest.
I'm going to plan to stay here for a third year in a row and beyond that if the event keeps coming back. The free breakfast was real good as well. I also love the fact you can park right outside your door.

Room Tip: The last weekend in September is the Street Machine Nationals. If you don't like burning rubber...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
WinchesterSailing,

Thank you so much for you awesome Trip Advisor rating! Here at the Best Western PLUS Coach House we pride ourselves on guest satisfaction. We are so happy to hear you enjoy staying with us! The NSRA Nationals is always a busy weekend for us and we thoroughly enjoy having participants stay at our hotel! We certainly hope you have a reservation set up to come again this year! If so we would be happy to have breakfast and a clean room ready and waiting for you! Thanks again for your time and review!
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was my second time staying at this property. My daughter attends Missouri State University and I stayed here back in August when I brought her up to move in. I was impressed with the rooms, so I decided to stay there again. Let me say this...the rooms are VERY nice. I had the double queen room. They are clean, well appointed and they seem to have thought of everything. I had absolutely no issues with the room itself. Apparently, there was a car event in Springfield this past weekend when I was there. The parking lot was pretty much full by the time I checked in. Ok, no problem. We check in and try to get some rest...nothing doing. Between cars revving their engines all evening and children running up and down the corridors in front of the rooms screaming and playing...rest was not possible. At one point, the kids even knocked on our door and ran. I felt like hotel management could have definitely done something about that. After getting through the night and trying to sleep in, we were awoken to the sound of...you guessed it...muscle cars revving their engines endlessly in the parking lot. Look...I am a mechanic by trade, so I can appreciate folks love of cars. I just thought it was very inconsiderate on their part and a little irresponsible by the hotel not to consider that they did have some guests who were not there for the car show and just wanted to sleep in on a Sunday morning. We finally packed up to leave. I went to turn in my cards and check out (I had already paid) and wasn't even asked so much as "how was your stay?" I have to go back to Springfield next month and I won't even consider this hotel...or any hotel that has room doors that open directly to the outside.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
rnottle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Derrick B, I am so very sorry for the quality of service you received here at Best Western PLUS Coach House. I'm happy to hear you appreciate how clean and welcoming our hotel is but my only hope now is that you give us a second chance to your opinion about our hotel, expenses on me. Please contact me directly at the hotel, I will ask you to verify your stay with us that way I can handle this appropriately. Please feel free to contact me at 1-417-862-0701 and ask for Randy Nottle General Manager. Again I am so sorry for the way your stay turned out and I would love to have the opportunity to correct this issue and give you the best hotel experience you've ever had.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have stayed here multiple times while in the area for business. Excellent service, excellent facilities, great breakfast. The staff go out of their way to make sure you feel welcome and to provide great service. I do highly recommend. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

rnottle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your review! We are very happy you enjoyed your time here with our hotel! At the Best Western PLUS Coach House we pride ourselves on superior customer care, whether that be in the cleanliness of our rooms or interactions with our staff at the desk. Our employees work hard to make sure each guest is happy and well taken care of. I am pleased to hear you have received just that! We would love to have you stay any time you are coming through Springfield whether it be for business or pleasure! Thanks again for your time and Trip Advisor review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to serve you again!
Anniston, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Trip was with Caravan Touring Company. Excellent touring company - well organized and friendly tour guides and driver. Would recommend them. Touring buses were very comfortable and they delievered and picked up our luggage at every stop.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your trip with Caravan Touring Company! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our wonderful hotel and about Caravan! We hope to see you again next time!