“Great road trip hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Oak Park, Illinois
“Great road trip hotel”
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I have stayed in a lot of fancy resorts and cheap motels and it's always great to find a nice spot, comfortable and at a great value. Stayed one night solo while passing through on my way to a fishing trip, and had booked based on TripAdvisor recommendations.

Hotel staff was friendly, everything in lobby and rooms was spotless, and the large hotel layout was reminiscent of great family motels from road trips of my youth, complete with swimming pools, nicely landscaped, etc. My room was in really great condition...I guess I was surprised because the "motor court" style layout suggested decades of existence.

I'd come back and would bring my family (if they ever had any interesting in going on a fishing trip to Bull Shoals with me).

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
jeffkeen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this review, 1 November 2010
Dear pdw734, Thank you so much for posting your positive review on TripAdvisor.com regarding our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our "Coach House" theme, with modern room amenities and spotless rooms and facilities. We work hard to combine an experience of "at home" friendliness with today's modern traveler's needs. I feel that we do provide a tremendous value considering the room amenities, free wi-fi and hot breakfast items. I hope you can come back soon to see us and that your family can join us next time as well. While you are fishing, they could enjoy many of the other outdoor activities that are available here in Springfield. Thanks again. Jeff Keen - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Villa Park, California
Reviewed 18 October 2010

My hotel needs are very simple. I want a place that is easy to get to from a highway. I do not want to pay for parking. I want an easy check in and check out. I expect my room to be clean and quiet. If I need information, I want the staff to be knowledgeable about the area. I want the TV to work and to have cable channels. If they serve breakfast I expect the area to be clean and have ample seating. The Coach House Inn in Springfield fits my needs perfectly and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
jeffkeen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this review, 25 October 2010
Dear JUSTME26,

Thanks for your positive review on TripAdvisor.com. You say that your travel needs are simple, but I believe your expectations reflect what a majority of travelers are looking for in a hotel. I'm so very pleased that your expectations were met at our establishment. We strive very hard to give every guest a great experience and you seemed to appreciate the amenities and customer service that we provided. I hope you can visit us again when you are in the Springfield area.

Jeff Keen - General Manager
Willamette Valley, Oregon
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Excellent room, very courteous staff. We really enjoyed our night here - I wish all our road nights were this good.

The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the shower was quite good.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear tdp521,

Thank you so much for your positive post on Tripadvisor.com. I'm so pleased that you found our hotel, clean, comfortable and most of all, I'm thrilled that you found our customer service to be outstanding. Many of our guests have commented, as you did, that we provide a great value in our market. I hope you and your family can come back to see us very soon at the BEST WESTERN Coach House Inn.

Jeff Keen -General Manager
Claremont, CA
Reviewed 5 September 2010

This is a classic facility, maintained and operated as it would have been in its heyday. The sort of motel one enjoyed in America's past, yet completely up-to-date. Of course, you're not going to get a fitness facility or box-motel type of breakfast layout (though what they have is pretty much fine), but the rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet, the motel is well-built, comes with an outdoor seasonal poor (I really don't care for indoor pools), parking is in front of your room, all rooms 1st floor, so convenient when traveling with coolers and such. Fridge and microwave, wifi, sat channels, all t hat. AND it's a bargain at about $70. I'd be happy to stay here again.

Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
jeffkeen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this review, 10 September 2010
Thank you so much for your appreciation of our classic, coach house decor' along with our beautiful updated rooms. You are right about the fact that some people still appreciate the convenience of not having to drag their luggage through lobbies and down long hallways. I'm also pleased that you felt we were a strong value and a friendly place to stay. You may not have noticed, but we do have excercise equipment right near the free guest laundry. We hope to see you again very soon! Jeff Keen, General Manager
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Very clean, nicely updated rooms and public spaces. Expanded continental breakfast until 10am, with bottled water, tea & coffee always available. Staff is the nicest and most accommodating that we have ever done business with. Nice smaller pool & public spaces. Quiet, comfortable, clean, friendly. Very good value for the money. We've stayed more than once, and they take really good care of their guests. (Tip: Don't eat at the Cafe on the property)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
jeffkeen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this review, 16 August 2010
Thank you so much for this positive post regarding your stay with us at the Best Western Coach House Inn. Our staff works very hard to provide superior customer service with a clean room and great amenities. I'm so pleased that you felt our hotel was a good value and were happy with the complimentary breakfast. Please come back and see us again soon. We do appreciate serving folks like you.
Blacksburg, VA
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Over the years, we've stayed in numerous hotel/motel accommodations which have run the gamut of real disappointments to THIS 4-day stay which was the absolute BEST accommodation experience of our 30-something years of marriage! We were attending the wedding of our son in a distant city from our own--we were sort of "at the mercy of" wherever we could find accommodations for our family group which would be coming into town from all points of the compass at various times. Kimberly Kincaid was THE most helpful and thoughtful person in making arrangements and seeing that our EVERY need was meet. The room were very pleasant to stay in--attractive, comfortable and so accessible to the places we needed to be! Most places only offer double beds but to our delight there were two QUEEN beds per room--much more comfortable to allow a family of four to stay comfortably! The breakfasts were delicious and plentiful--and they were even SO gracious as to provide cold bottled water for our convenience--it was a VERY hot week in Springfield and the "cup of cold water" was so welcomed! We have stayed in some very well-known named hotels and their service and accommodations were NO BETTER (just higher priced) than the excellent fare we received at Coach House Inn in Springfield, MO! I cannot think of a more positive experience ANYwhere that we have stayed than in THIS one! I might appear to be "gushing"--but truly, I wish EVERY place could set their standards by that of this motel! They truly acted like they WANTED us there--that's not something that can be said for alot of places! On our trip home, we stayed in another motel in another city--at a "competitor"--boy, were we ever disappointed--after all, we'd just stayed at THE BEST!--it made the other look "shabby" by comparison! Thank you, Best Western Coach House Inn for making our days' stay there THE BEST!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
jeffkeen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this review, 4 August 2010
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for this glowing review. You have been so kind, and I must say that it is visitors like you that make our efforts worthwhile. Everyone from our housekeeping, maintenance and front desk staff, operate from the concept that we labor to make our guests feel at home and are to be treated special. I can't wait to post your review for all of our departments to read. You can imagine that on these hot July/August work days, your kind words will clearly lift our spirits!

Come back again real soon. Jeff Keen
West Tennessee
Reviewed 24 July 2010

This is the ideal "roadside" motel and I would recommend it to any traveler visiting the Springfield, Missouri area. All of its units are groundfloor, have outdoor entrances, and parking spaces next to the room. The rooms are spacious and clean. The interior decor is attractive, if not a bit unique. The grounds, which include two pools and a small playground for kids, are well-kept. I stayed here twice in July 2010 and found the staff to be efficient and friendly on both occasions. The only negative thing might be the relative lack of space in the bathroom for your toiletries.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
jeffkeen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this review, 25 July 2010
Thank you so much for staying with us and posting this positive review. The staff here at the Best Western Coach House Inn is working hard to exceed our guests' expectations and I'm glad you felt we provided great servcie. Please come back and see us very soon.