“Spotless!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #49 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Great value for the money, in area of much higher priced hotels! The room was immaculate and smelled fresh. Two chairs, desk, dresser and tv. Walking distance to many restaurants and to WalMart. Easy access right off Rt. 44. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Barb W

Reviewed 16 May 2012

The motel is located close to numerous restaurants and other amenities, including Walmart Superstore along with other shopping. There is easy access off of I-44 - exit 80.The rooms were clean, had more seating than most, a fridge and free wi-fi. They have a pool, but it wasn't open yet when we were there. Numerous rooms and a small breakfast included. There was two kinds of cereal, toast, muffins, juice, milk and coffee. The price was quite reasonable by today's standards and don't forget to get a Value Card before you go to save 15%. The only
downside is that it is located on the corner of two major streets and there are some emergency vehicle sirens to contend with.

Room Tip: Rooms as far away from the streets would be the quietest. Pool is in the center of the complex.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Hotel on the corner of a major intersection. Traffic
Noise all night long. Clean room and beds ok. Door did not lock
securely. Rooms outdated with bathroom mold and missing tiles. Bath
tiles too thin.
If you have to stay-do but you think looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Philip R
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The room looked updated. The carpeting looked new and it was clean. The bed was comfortable and I got a good night's rest. The room was back from the road and I didn't hear road noise. The breakfast was basic. I had cereal, peanut butter and jelly toast, coffee and a juice type drink. It met my needs.

Room Tip: Room's back from the road.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2011

This has to have been one of the worst rooms in all of my hotel experiences. It said renovated. WHERE ? The light fixture? It smelled. It needed a good cleaning. The breakfast was a joke. They served toast and small muffins. We ate elsewhere. I will never stay at any Americas Best Value Inn. Not a good value. We should of looked at the room before we paid for it.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you pay for it when you are not sure.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet S
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We were coming home from a 7-week trip out West and this was the last motel we stayed in, and it was the worst. The room was not very nice and it smelled. The smoke alarm went off very early in the morning (and we were not planning on getting up this early). My husband tried to disconnect it, but it was impossible. The front desk told us they couldn't do anything about it until the manager got there in an hour. Before we left, we asked for some compensation for the inconvenience, and the front desk girl replied, "You already had six hours of sleep."!!! We will surely never stay here again, nor at any other America's Best Value Inn.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rhett1
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Reserved this hotel for a 3 night stay. The room was not the cleanest I've ever seen & was slightly shabby. The whole place in general was fairly dated. The staff seemed like they'd rather have been anyplace else when I checked in, couldn't find my reservations (made 2 weeks prior), etc. This motel sits on a corner of a very busy intersection. Lots of noise from the road & you have to fight your way out using only 1 direction then turning around somewhere else to go the other way.

The biggest complant I have is this: After the first nights stay we were forced to leave due to an emergency at home. The front desk told me they couldn't refund the 2 unused nights because I'd booked my stay on the website. They said I would have to request a refund from them online. I emailed the online reservations people when we returned home to be told they wouldn't give me a refund. This was NOT a non-refundable reservation. They kept over $100 of my hard earned money & lost a customer for life. There is a very nice Best Western a half block down the road that's worth the extra $5 a night. Next time that's were we will be staying.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends