“The chain is not bad but this location should be avoided for multiple reasons”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #48 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 12 April 2014

1) They require capturing our drivers license number to check in (why?!?). Nothing like poorly handled PII to start off on the wrong foot.
2) We are Value Club members and wanted to confirm we were getting the discount. The person behind the counter could not validate our rate.
3) We checked in (which charged our card) and later called the 888 number to confirm that we had been charged the wrong rate ... but they wouldn't fix it. We have to submit a claim.

We won't stay here again and recommend saving yourselves the frustration and staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This first room offered was so bad we didn't even enter. I wanted to leave and get our money back but my wife was tired and didn't want to look for another room.

We went back to the front desk and asked for a room that was clean and presentable. I suggested one of the rooms that was representative of the pictures in their brochure...she just smiled.

Because we had two lap dogs that are crate trained she informed us that we had only two choices, despite the motel being 95% ++vacant. I was extremely unhappy at this point but didn't want to go down a vacant street to futility and relented.

When we entered the room it was just as bad as the first one only worse. The ceiling in the bathroom was falling down, the towels were inadequate unless you were little people and the wash clothes barely covered ones hand.

The carpet was dirty, ragged and badly worn. I chose to leave my shoes on as long as possible and then sleep with my socks on. The bed was so tired that I thought I was bottoming out to the floor. The spread was worn thin, burned, frayed and looked as though it was last washed when the early settlers roamed the hills of southwestern Missouri. The pillows were the size of a large hankey and felt as though there was an old towel folded for the filling. All in all it was deplorable and I assure you it was the first and last time we would ever darken the corridors of this chain.

My lasting impression was that the furniture, bedding, and linens were sold to the only bidder at auction during a fire sale after all the other chains had passed due to poor quality and worn beyond life expectancy.

The next nite we stayed at a Rodeway, which is now part of Choice Hotels, in Tucumcari, and the following night at La Quinta in Phoenix. Both locations provided wonderful service and accommodations and were also less than we paid at Ammeica's Best (worst) Value Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Bernie a
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Very disappointed with this facility. The facility is old and tired. The blanket on the bed was tissue thin, the bedspread had burn holes in it, the drapes were not properly hung, and the carpet was filthy. The bathroom was marginally clean. Because of the poor quality of this facility, I will think twice about staying at any other ABVI locations. The only good thing I can say - the staff was very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Only stay at this facility if nothing else is available.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This America's Best Value Inn offers more than most in the chain.
What they offer is a clean room, quiet area, continental breakfast (not just coffee), pool, and cable (More channels than just basic).

The staff were very polite and professional.

What you must remember is it is a value motel, not a luxury hotel.
For that niche market, they succeed it providing excellent service for the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2013

It had pleasant staff, they were friendly and happy to help with anything, even the wifi connection was good! The room was clean, so were the bedsheets and towels. The bathroom was quite sanitary, didn't have shortage on anything either. The price is great, it was a little surprising to me at first because they provide microwave, great tv channels, and a fridge. It was a easy find,near the main highway, so you cannot miss it. There is enough parking and you can get many of the parking spots literally right next to your room. It is a quite place, so you can expect silence at night. Even though it is not extremely fancy, it has good service, so I got things - like extra pillows and towels - very easily. They also gave good advice on where to go and eat. It was a pleasant stay :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
jayrama, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thanks a bunch for putting an effort to feed us back on your stay at our hotel. we appreciate that you share your experience about ur staying. Our goal is to make n keep our guest feel like home and comfortable while their stay. once again Thankyou and would love to see you when u come back to springfield Mo.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

A superb hotel with friendly efficient staff in a great location in springfield.The front desk was very welcoming and got me settled in very nicely.Extremely satisfied with appearance and cleanliness of hotel, and comfortable beds.I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel as a great place to stay.Thanks for making our visit to Springfield a pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
jayrama, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thanks a bunch for ur lovely comments and we appreciate ur time and effort to feed back about ur stay and ur experience of staying at our hotel. we r happy that our staff made ur stay a pleasant stay and made you feel welcome. Our goal is to make our guest as happy as we can before they leave and provide our best we can. we would love to see you back. Once again Thanks.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

good staff and friendly too. room was clean with nice clean towels and clean bed sheets. tv in room wasn't a flat screen but they had good channels. Decent for a 3 night stay also my room had a microwave and fridge which I found surprising for the price of the room. also a good plus was that it was easy to find a local grocery store. for the price I paid I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 975lisa_r

Thanks a bunch for your lovely comments and the time you took from ur busy schedule. we really appreciate of ur effort and giving us feed back about ur experience of staying at our premises. we r happy to hear that our staff made ur stay a pleasant stay as well you were happy with our service. Our goal is to make a guest feel comfortable and happy. we would love to see you next time. once again Thanks.