“Great for a romantic weekend”
Review of Walnut Street Inn

Walnut Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Springfield B&B and Inns
Springfield, Missouri
“Great for a romantic weekend”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This was our second stay at the Walnut Inn and it was wonderful! The rooms are beautiful and very clean, the breakfast is amazing and the owners are very friendly and helpful. The location of the inn is perfectly situated to be able to walk downtown to various shops and restaurants. The house itself is beautiful and even though you are sharing it with others it feels very homey and comfortable. I would recommend this Inn to any of my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Collinsville, Illinois
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This was my first stay at the Walnut Street Inn. I loved it! This was a girlfriend getaway to Branson, Mo. We decided to stop at the Walnut Inn for one night. This is a beautiful Bed and Breakfast with lovely landscaping. I really appreciated the back patio where you could sit and enjoy a glass of wine. My room was very comfortable with a ceiling fan and a good size bathroom. Right outside my door was a nice sitting room with games and books.
Gary, the innkeeper was very friendly and easy to talk to. He recommended a great Korean and Thai restaurant. Breakfast was awesome. I had eggs benedict with fresh fruit. I had a great visit and I highly recommend the Walnut Inn.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Missouri
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This was my 5th stay at the Walnut Street Inn. i love staying in the historic district with an easy walk to restaurants and shops. My room was very comfortable, bed was great and appreciated the celing fan. Breakfast was great and they accomodated my food allergies perfectly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Columbia, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I am a veteran "road warrior" and have stayed in many B&B's around the country. I prefer them to hotels because I am just more comfortable, the structures are generally historic and I find them relaxing. So, my point is that I have seen many B&B's in my time.

This particular B&B stands out to me because of the way the business is operated. The hosts were very quick to handle all requests (even changed breakfast for me due to lent), the room was as advertised and the property was well maintained.

The location of this property is perfect, far enough from downtown to be quiet, but close enough to take an easy walk to all the restuarants, etc.

I have another week of classes at Missouri State University in October and I already have my room booked.

Great experience.

Paul B

Room Tip: I choose the McCann room, which was very comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Mexico, Missouri
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We were shocked when we checked in and it got worse as the night went on. Our room was wet, the carpet had been cleaned and was still extremely wet. The wall paper was peeling off and had mold on the wall. The bathroom was very small and overall the room did not match all the advertising and hype over the b and b. We wanted ice and discovered that nobody was around to help and the kitchen was padlocked shut. This place in no shape resembled their ads or other reviews.

• Stayed July 2011
5 Thank Michael V
GaryLeeB, Owner at Walnut Street Inn, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
We are so sorry for your bad experience. All efforts are made to insure our guest know we are a B&B in a 1896 Victorian house, with all that intales, and not a modern hotel. Staffing is not available 24 hours a day. We are sorry the carpets did not get dry before you checked in. We thought it was timed out right, but it must not have been. We would have been glad to move you to another room if you had mentioned it to us. Please let us try again.
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip and my experience was awesome. My room had every amenity that a hotel would but with more personality. Check in and check out were easy and access to downtown Springfield (bars and restaurants with 10 min walking distance) was perfect. The breakfast was incredible and with it being homemade, how do you go wrong? I can't wait to come back and stay longer and enjoy the grounds during the summer. With the price equal to a hotel, why would anyone not stay at this property or any other B&B in the area.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Roberston Room which is in the carriage house behind the main house and it was very...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 December 2011

i thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay here! the staff was very accommodating and friendly, the breakfast was delicious, and the room was very cozy and comfortable. all for a very reasonable price. i think the inn is starting to show a bit of wear and tear, and could use a bit of love (paint, carpets, new pillows on the bed, etc) - but that didn't really affect the comfort factor at all.

all in all a great stay and i would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo