“Charming”

Ranked #1 of 11 Springfield B&B and Inns
Las Vegas
“Charming”
Reviewed 20 November 2009

This was my first trip I took alone with my 4-year old daughter. I was nervous about the flight and about staying in a B & B with her. I was more worried about her behavior than anything. As soon as I arrived with her, we were made to feel welcome. Gary checked us in, helped us with our bags and made us feel very welcome. I didn't need to worry, she was well behaved, but even better, she was made to feel very welcome in the house.
Gary gave helpful suggestions for activities and restaurants. Every evening we came back to our room with fresh cookies next to the bed, which made my daughter happy. Breakfast was also incredible, nicely prepared and beautifully presented. The room was clean and very relaxing.
Springfield is a very quaint city and staying at the Walnut Street Inn enhanced our trip. I can't wait to make another visit.
Thank you, Gary, for making this experience a cherished memory.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed 15 November 2009

I have had the opportunity to stay many times at the Walnut Street Inn and, on every occasion, have found it to be one of the very best B&B's in the country. It is run very professionally, extremely friendly, not obtrusive, flexible in arrangements, exceptionally well-appointed and comfortable, and offering delicious breakfasts. It is a great deal for what you get. I have stayed at other B&B's around the U. S., and this one is my favorite. They cater to all your needs without being overbearing or pretentious. Considering the service, accomodations, and food, I never want to stay anywhere else when I'm in Springfield and look forward to returning each time. The rates are quite reasonable, the online information and photos represent it well, and I hope they will be around for a long time.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 4 November 2009

Recently, I traveled with my daughter who was visiting a potential college in Springfield, Mo. We came across the Walnut Street Inn and have truly found our home away from home. The Inn was beautiful and we both felt so welcomed and comfortable. I so look forward to our next visit.

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Springfield, MO
Reviewed 29 October 2009

I always feel at home here. My favorite thing is when the innkeeper says "Welcome home" on arrival.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
austin
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Gary will go out of his way to make sure your stay is perfect. If you need anything just ask him! Great accommodations, great service, great location, close to downtown.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Springfield, mo.
Reviewed 18 August 2009

My wife and I stayed here on our wedding night. While I was booking place the owner was always friendly and helpful despite having to makes changes a few times. When we arrived we were greeted at the door an welcomed. During check we were shown to our room (the Danzero). The room was clean and the Honey moon package was everything they said it would be. The staff was friendly and went the extra mile to provide excellent customer service. My wife and I were very impressed and plan on returning again in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
NE, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 March 2009

I think that I have been spoiled. I' m afraid that after you have been a guest in other B&B's, Walnut Street won't meet your expectations.

The house itself is lovely. The outside patio areas and such need to be taken better care of; they were dirty looking (the back door ones) and were not inviting. The back yard area was the first thing we saw when we parked and walked up the sidewalk to check in. It did not encourage wonderful first impressions.

The room was okay, but while tastefully decorated and comfortable, there were maintenance issues (the TV shelf is coming away from the wall and paint is chipping everywhere) and they did not use B&B quality linens on the bed. The mini bar was well stocked. They advertised the room to be one of the quietest in the House but if that room was their idea of quiet I would have hated to stay in the other rooms.

The staff was friendly enough. They smiled and were very very welcoming but the whole place felt more like an old hotel and not a B&B. It did not feel "homey"; it felt commercialized.

The breakfast was very good and check out was a breeze.

I think if this is your first experince with a bed and breakfast you will like it. If you have stayed in other B&B's you will probably be a little let down. I hate to say that - I really do - I just feel our money would have been better spent at another location.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eryngobra
GaryLeeB, Owner at Walnut Street Inn, responded to this review, 8 September 2009
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your input and will work to make your next stay better because of it. Our 115 year old buildings are in need of constant repair and paint. During your stay, in March, the lawns and property looked a bit worn down from the winter, and the west side of the Inn was being scraped and primed for paint (we are finishing the last walls now!) We hope you will come back when things green up and the flower gardens are at their best. Your input has hastened our maintenance projects and we welcome you back!
Gary Blankenship - Owner