“Wonderful and refreshing stay”
Review of Walnut Street Inn

Walnut Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Springfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 March 2010

My husbnd and I have driven by the Walnut Inn numerous times and commented on its uniqueness. My hubby surprised me with a stay there this past weekend! Let me just say it was a restful and comfortable stay. The staff was welcoming and the room was awesome!! We stayed in the Musician's room and enjoyed reading about the instruments. The bed was comfortable and very tastefully clothed. The bed sheets were comfortable and everything was very clean. I enjoyed staying in a home that I knew was well over 100 years old. We stayed in the Carriage house and I look forward to returning someday.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Walnut Street Inn

Reviewed 25 January 2010

My wife and I were merely passing through Springfield overnight but needed a place to stay. I saw the Walnut Street Inn on line and booked a room. What a treat! First, the owner and staff are absolutely first rate - professional yet very friendly and helpful. Second the house is a large and beautiful, we felt as if we had plenty of space. We would stay there again at every opportunity.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2010

It's been a tradition for my family and I to visit "The Inn" twice a year (around Christmas and the end of Summer) for the past ten years. The reasoning behind the custom is simple: we can always expect a wonderfully relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable stay. The staff are genuinely warm and accommodating (it's not uncommon for the owner, Gary, to sit down and chat with us over breakfast tea), the food is excellent and plentiful, and the rooms are varied and comfortable--each with its own inimitable style (I think we've stayed in nearly all of them at one time or another). Furthermore, it's conveniently located on historic Walnut Street, too--just a stroll away from downtown Springfield (such as it is), where we customarily have dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant, Nonna's (yes, we're slaves to ritual). Whether as a couple looking for some together-time or as a family, we've invariably had a great experience at The Inn. We trust you will too.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2009

We love Walnut Street Inn, the first stay this summer was with my mother and sisters and we discovered the Benton Room. (A great recommendation from Gary the owner) It has two queen size beds and a queen size pull out sofa. An amazing room for MORE than six people. An awesome slumber party room! :) (It would be tough to beat this arrangement at any hotel) Our second stay was this weekend with friends to celebrate a birthday. The breakfast is wonderful.....I highly recommend the Walnut Street Inn, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2009

This was my first trip I took alone with my 4-year old daughter. I was nervous about the flight and about staying in a B & B with her. I was more worried about her behavior than anything. As soon as I arrived with her, we were made to feel welcome. Gary checked us in, helped us with our bags and made us feel very welcome. I didn't need to worry, she was well behaved, but even better, she was made to feel very welcome in the house.
Gary gave helpful suggestions for activities and restaurants. Every evening we came back to our room with fresh cookies next to the bed, which made my daughter happy. Breakfast was also incredible, nicely prepared and beautifully presented. The room was clean and very relaxing.
Springfield is a very quaint city and staying at the Walnut Street Inn enhanced our trip. I can't wait to make another visit.
Thank you, Gary, for making this experience a cherished memory.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2009

I have had the opportunity to stay many times at the Walnut Street Inn and, on every occasion, have found it to be one of the very best B&B's in the country. It is run very professionally, extremely friendly, not obtrusive, flexible in arrangements, exceptionally well-appointed and comfortable, and offering delicious breakfasts. It is a great deal for what you get. I have stayed at other B&B's around the U. S., and this one is my favorite. They cater to all your needs without being overbearing or pretentious. Considering the service, accomodations, and food, I never want to stay anywhere else when I'm in Springfield and look forward to returning each time. The rates are quite reasonable, the online information and photos represent it well, and I hope they will be around for a long time.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2009

Recently, I traveled with my daughter who was visiting a potential college in Springfield, Mo. We came across the Walnut Street Inn and have truly found our home away from home. The Inn was beautiful and we both felt so welcomed and comfortable. I so look forward to our next visit.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family