“This B&B has all the comforts of home plus much more!”
Review of Walnut Street Inn

Walnut Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Springfield B&B and Inns
was481
“This B&B has all the comforts of home plus much more!”
Reviewed 23 March 2010

My husband and I often stay in B&B's instead of hotels because they are more comfortable, don't have loud neighbors on the other side of the wall like in most hotels, and come with amazing an breakfast that doesn't involve bagels or a do it yourself waffle iron. This B&B was no exception. We were very pleased with our stay and are planning on staying with them again! They were also able to work around my husband's food allergies. And that made all the difference to us!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
seattle
Reviewed 16 March 2010

my niece who lives in springfield has always been curious about the beautiful house on Walnut street and when she discovered it was an Inn, well we just had to check it out on my last visit, and I'm so glad we did. It was a peaceful, respite to our very busy travels. The breakfast of fluffy eggs florentine, with buttery home made biscuits, fresh fruit and bacon really hit the spot. The staff was very accommodating when we asked to see some of the other rooms for future stays. lots of excellent spots for sitting around outside. I would highly recommend this great spot in the great midwest!

Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Allen, Texas
Reviewed 12 March 2010

An extraordinary, best ever stay in a Historical B&B! Just stayed 2 nights in the O'Neil Room, perfect down to the last detail. Loved the high quality comfortable bed & linens, gorgeous view/patio, lace curtains, HUGE jacuzzi tub, caring, detail-conscious, professional service, fabulous breakfast, drinks, & fresh baked cookies! It was the perfect, relaxing get away from the city. Highly recommend this Bed & Breakfast!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberly75002
Olathe KS
Reviewed 1 March 2010

My husbnd and I have driven by the Walnut Inn numerous times and commented on its uniqueness. My hubby surprised me with a stay there this past weekend! Let me just say it was a restful and comfortable stay. The staff was welcoming and the room was awesome!! We stayed in the Musician's room and enjoyed reading about the instruments. The bed was comfortable and very tastefully clothed. The bed sheets were comfortable and everything was very clean. I enjoyed staying in a home that I knew was well over 100 years old. We stayed in the Carriage house and I look forward to returning someday.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed 25 January 2010

My wife and I were merely passing through Springfield overnight but needed a place to stay. I saw the Walnut Street Inn on line and booked a room. What a treat! First, the owner and staff are absolutely first rate - professional yet very friendly and helpful. Second the house is a large and beautiful, we felt as if we had plenty of space. We would stay there again at every opportunity.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 24 January 2010

It's been a tradition for my family and I to visit "The Inn" twice a year (around Christmas and the end of Summer) for the past ten years. The reasoning behind the custom is simple: we can always expect a wonderfully relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable stay. The staff are genuinely warm and accommodating (it's not uncommon for the owner, Gary, to sit down and chat with us over breakfast tea), the food is excellent and plentiful, and the rooms are varied and comfortable--each with its own inimitable style (I think we've stayed in nearly all of them at one time or another). Furthermore, it's conveniently located on historic Walnut Street, too--just a stroll away from downtown Springfield (such as it is), where we customarily have dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant, Nonna's (yes, we're slaves to ritual). Whether as a couple looking for some together-time or as a family, we've invariably had a great experience at The Inn. We trust you will too.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
missouri
Reviewed 7 December 2009

We love Walnut Street Inn, the first stay this summer was with my mother and sisters and we discovered the Benton Room. (A great recommendation from Gary the owner) It has two queen size beds and a queen size pull out sofa. An amazing room for MORE than six people. An awesome slumber party room! :) (It would be tough to beat this arrangement at any hotel) Our second stay was this weekend with friends to celebrate a birthday. The breakfast is wonderful.....I highly recommend the Walnut Street Inn, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends