“Fantastic!”

Ranked #124 of 725 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$8 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This place just keeps getting better. Hands down, the best burger and sweet potato fries around. My personal fave is the mushroom & Swiss, my husband loves the bacon cheddar burger. The pizzas are great, as well as some of the vegetarian fare. It's quick, fresh, and has a Cali inspired menu. It also has a patio and serves beer, what's not to love?

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I love food and i have visited most restaurants in town. I especially love trying new places. The grotto isn't new, but it is in a new location, and certainly one of the highest quality places you can go, for not a lot of money. Everyone who says the food here is "blah" don't know anything about real food. The dishes here are unique, flavorful, fresh, and dynamic. this is not lamberts cafe, or golden corral. This is quality food, not disguised behind salt and gravy (which negative reviewers must love). You can look at their menu to see the great food they offer, but this place delivers quality equitable to flame, nonnas, or houlihans, but at a chedders price. try this place!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have tried several dishes here and nothing has very much taste or flavor. The pizza is just okay. The sandwiches are just okay too. The best thing here is that you can get a side of broccoli that is perfectly steamed or sweet potatoe fries that are really yummy. It is a work-a-raunt (you have to order at a counter and pick up your food at a counter) and over-priced.

1  Thank marymissouri
Reviewed 15 February 2014

In town for quick visit and son picked this place out to give a try. I was wanting a good burger and he pizza. I had bacon cheddar burger with regular fries and hit the spot and son had a Greek pizza which I tried and was excellent. Not a lot of atmosphere but good price for a good meal. We would both go back.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I've eaten here a few times. Our meal this evening was not particularly good. We had the Blue Cheese Chips, the tomato soup and a sandwich. The chips and the soup were aggressively salty, almost to the point of being inedible and the soup had an overwhelming flavor of herbs, which I didn't remember from my last visit. The chicken sandwich, while not bad, was very bland. Personal food taste aside, I was very unimpressed by the cleanliness of the place. Tables were poorly cleared and the ladies bathroom obviously hadn't had a good wipe-down in a long time. The person I was with had never been there before and obviously wasn't impressed. I asked if they liked their meal and their opinion was that while it wasn't terrible, they wouldn't make an effort to return. I tend to agree.