“Good stay, quiet and comfortable”

Days Inn Springfield South
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Springfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel is not worth the money that they charge. There are hotels within a few miles that are above and beyond this one, which we stayed at later for only $5 more. They have limited parking and are lacking an elevator. They offer a continental breakfast, but I'm not sure what all was on it because it was pretty bare when I made it to breakfast (around 8:00 am). The room was clean and the front desk people were friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GM2445, General Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Good morning! We hate knowing you checked out of the hotel unhappy! We strive to create a great stay for all our guests and although the hotel staff was friendly and the hotel clean, we want everything to be good! Please give us another opportunity to show you a great stay! Check the www.daysinn.com website for the best available rate. You will find our rates fluctuate based on many factors, like seasonality, days of the week, type of room. Our Days Inn website will guarantee you the best, most competitive rates!
Tuttle
Reviewed 25 October 2013

initial room, a/c would not work. Moved us to another room, that a/c shut off before we were cool. Discovered that the door did not lock, but not until the following morning when we left the room. Was closed but not lached/locked all night. Desk clerk was extremely helpful in trying to remedy the issues. Noise through the walls and ceiling was loud. Not much parking by the doors.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Good morning!

On behalf of the entire team, we want to apologize for the inconveniences with your ac unit and door. Thank you for acknowledging the front desk representatives efforts and thank you for letting us know so we could have maintenance fix. We hope you give us another opportunity when you come back to the Ozarks for the Fall foliage!

Have a great week!

Indianapolis
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was in town for a family emergency at the local hospital. Was advised I would be given a discount from the hospital. After all was done and my stay was over I had extra charges on my bank card. I was told my rate would be $49 for the 1 night I stayed and a $16 pet fee... At the end of my stay, I was charged around $130 total with no reasoning why and no one at their office could help me. maybe someone will contact me back from this!?!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GM2445, General Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Good evening Mr. Steven F,

First off, I hope everything faired well on the emergency hospital stay. We wish you were our guest on better circumstance and we hope your loved one is doing better. In regards to your questions, I hope you received the voice message I left for you about our special hospital rate and total charges. While we do offer hospital rates that are a great discount from our normal rate, they are not a $49 rate. And we are a pet friendly hotel with nightly pet fees of $15 per pet and occasionally additional fees apply for room damage caused by pets, as was the case here.

I would available at any time to further discuss any questions with you. Every guest is valuable and we appreciate you staying.

Have a great night!

Harrison
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Had surgery at Mercy/St Johns and this was a very close hotel and a good deal for the $$$. Just slept but the rook was adequate and close to a place to eat and the hospital. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mr Andersoned,

The next time you are our guest we hope it is for relaxation and a vacation or visit to the Bass Pro Shops. Since we are the closest hotel to Mercy hospital we offer special hospital rates for our guests and other special conveniences like early check in and check out with no penalty when possible. Thank you for letting us know you had a good stay. We were glad to help!

Take care,