“They are CROOKS!!!!!!”

Days Inn Springfield South
Ranked #19 of 52 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 2 January 2014

They are CROOKS!!!! Watch your credit card!!!!!! We stayed there for 2 nights recently. It was okay. Not the worst and not the best I've ever stayed in. The place has an odor to it that I just can't quite put my finger on. But it's not overwhelming. It's an older hotel and I'm sure smoking was allowed in it at one time so sometimes that happens as the place ages. I would have given them 3 stars. . .maybe 4 because you can see that they really want you to enjoy your stay even though they are a small, old hotel. The breakfast was okay and it was nice to have a hot breakfast provided. My kids really enjoyed the pool and hot tub so there is that. I cannot however give them higher than a 1 because after getting home I looked at my credit card billing and they charged a separate charge of $32 after they had already charged me for the room. When I called to see what the deal is, I was told that the housekeeper reported that I had an animal in the room??!?!?!? Seriously? I SO didn't have an animal in the room and I told them that. The desk clerk was unable or unwilling to reverse the charges until he spoke to the housekeeper. You know, because if she thinks we had an animal in the room regardless of what I say, they might take her word for it and still charge us?! seriously?! There are cameras at both entrances. If I had an animal with me besides the 2 small children I was ushering in and out I would be happy to pay for it. Show me a picture of me with the animal. I dare you! What?! You don't have one? OH, that's right . . .because I didn't have one!

2  Thank Theresa J
GM2445, General Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Hello, Mrs.TheresaJ,

On behalf of the entire Days Inn South team I want to apologize. What went from a good stay with us ended wrong and for that I apologize. You have already spoken with our manager and the pet fees have been reversed in full. As explained, our housekeeping team reported a pet had been in the room during your stay. This was after you checked out and was not brought to our attention until that time since housekeeping was not able to service your room during your stay as they were acknowledging your do not disturb.

We hope you give us another chance. We would like the opportunity to have you back.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Reviewed 27 December 2013

2  Thank Julie H

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My second stay here. Beds a little soft. Service and room over all were very good.
Outside door which requires a key sometimes would be ajar. (Open)
Parking area and some sidewalk areas were icy and slippery .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Good evening Mr. GaryT,

Thank you for staying with us again and much thanks to you for your feedback about your stay! We appreciate you and look forward to serving you more in 2014!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
GM2445, General Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel the night before the marathon. The people there were great and welcoming for a tired runner. All went well with the room and the comforts of the area. My only complaint was an erroneous wake up call at 3:30. The repeat call was at the right time. I would certainly stay here again, but use my own alarm clock. One of the nicest Days Inns I have used.

Room Tip: Rating on this web site did not work. All rating would have been excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
GM2445, General Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

CliftonC,

Congratulations on your big race finish! Whew, makes me tired just thinking about it! We know how important this event is and we do everything we can think of to make the stay the best it can be the night before in getting a good night's rest and as accommodating as possible the day after by providing late check outs and early breakfast!

If you plan on running next year, please reserve now. We fill up quickly!

We look forward to having you back next year!