“Perfect place for us!”

Ranked #40 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Coeur D Alene
“Perfect place for us!”
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Very clean, reasonable, friendly, parking next to our downstairs room, great breakfast, will stay here again! Could hear shower from next room-this was the only problem. Right next to highway and super place to eat Houlihans at the Double Tree Inn. No hair dryer.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 22 January 2011

when I drove up I didn't think it would be nice but upon check in the staff was very nice when we entered the room it isn't the best but nice and clean and comy beds

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank aashamblin
dallas texas
Reviewed 31 December 2009

friendly staff, clean room, nice towels, GOOD BED, rate low enough to tip housekeeping will return

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank DallasTexasJames
Seligman
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Upon arrival the checkin went smooth as clockwork like usual. Megan checked us in with the same effiency we have come to always expect there. The rooms are always kept extremely clean by Tammy and her staff, and everything always works as it should thanks to Bobby's good work. Missed seeing Stephanie this trip, she is always full of energy and extremely fun to talk to and her and James always keep fresh popcorn and coffee in the lobby. Linda and her staff always keep the lobby very clean and are always a pleasure to visit with or handle anything you need. We had some special needs for our nephew we were bringing with us and informed them when we made reservations and every need was taken care of when we got there just as we were told they would be. Everyone at this property always goes out of there way to be friendly and help you with any need you might have. I would not stay anywhere else in Springfield.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Minnesota
Reviewed 17 July 2009

We stopped in Springfield to investigate several business opportunities and based on previous reviews paid for 2 rooms (2 adults and 5 kids made this necessary) for 2 nights at $50/room per night. Okay, decent price, right? WRONG!!!! There could be NO right price for staying here and I'm puzzled how so many previous reviews could have been so positive.

First off the motel is in need of repair and significant updating - for example the concrete stairwell near our second floor room was blocked with yellow tape as several steps had collapsed. Upon entering our rooms we found them to be quite small with dead insects on the windowsills and hair all over the bathrooms. The beds were made so we assumed someone had come through and attempted to clean up. During the less than one full day we stayed we killed numerous beetles and spiders and red ants. I realize the time of the year produces these but I've never seen so many in a hotel/motel in my 30+ years of traveling.

There appeared to be an older woman in a room below us who was running a daycare. Her door was open with a gate in place and 3 or 4 kids hanging over it - huh???? This turned out to be no big deal compared to what 3 of my kids saw after attending a midnight movie the night we checked in. Upon returning to our rooms just after 2AM they got to see a man picking up a prostitute in the parking lot - wonderful!!!!

The next morning I took my other two kids to get some of the "complimentary" breakfast - ugh! There was little waffle batter left and the front desk person seemed reluctant to bring out more. When we returned to our room I learned that a maid had opened the door to one of our rooms even though both rooms had "Do Not Disturb" signs on them - huh again?????

This was easily the worst lodging experience and about the only positive I can point out is that I received all but $25 in refund for the two rooms for the second night. My family was so eager to leave we packed our bags and loaded the car in less than 15 minutes. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Springfield, Mo
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Everything you could ask for to make your stay comfortable at a price that makes your wallet comfortable. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
springfield
Reviewed 23 April 2009

i want you all to know that this hotel is very nice place to stay while you are in town. it is very close to shopping and activites. my family and i have lived here for almost 4 years. we had some very unfortuante events that led us here to stay. they are very fiendly and understading. they do try in every way to help you. and go out of their way to make sure that you have a clean room and that your stay is pleasant.

• Stayed October 2006, travelled with family