“Good hotel”
Review of Econo Lodge I-44

Econo Lodge I-44
Ranked #39 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 22 January 2011

when I drove up I didn't think it would be nice but upon check in the staff was very nice when we entered the room it isn't the best but nice and clean and comy beds

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank aashamblin

Reviewed 31 December 2009

friendly staff, clean room, nice towels, GOOD BED, rate low enough to tip housekeeping will return

• Stayed: December 2009
1  Thank DallasTexasJames
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Upon arrival the checkin went smooth as clockwork like usual. Megan checked us in with the same effiency we have come to always expect there. The rooms are always kept extremely clean by Tammy and her staff, and everything always works as it should thanks to Bobby's good work. Missed seeing Stephanie this trip, she is always full of energy and extremely fun to talk to and her and James always keep fresh popcorn and coffee in the lobby. Linda and her staff always keep the lobby very clean and are always a pleasure to visit with or handle anything you need. We had some special needs for our nephew we were bringing with us and informed them when we made reservations and every need was taken care of when we got there just as we were told they would be. Everyone at this property always goes out of there way to be friendly and help you with any need you might have. I would not stay anywhere else in Springfield.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2009

We stopped in Springfield to investigate several business opportunities and based on previous reviews paid for 2 rooms (2 adults and 5 kids made this necessary) for 2 nights at $50/room per night. Okay, decent price, right? WRONG!!!! There could be NO right price for staying here and I'm puzzled how so many previous reviews could have been so positive.

First off the motel is in need of repair and significant updating - for example the concrete stairwell near our second floor room was blocked with yellow tape as several steps had collapsed. Upon entering our rooms we found them to be quite small with dead insects on the windowsills and hair all over the bathrooms. The beds were made so we assumed someone had come through and attempted to clean up. During the less than one full day we stayed we killed numerous beetles and spiders and red ants. I realize the time of the year produces these but I've never seen so many in a hotel/motel in my 30+ years of traveling.

There appeared to be an older woman in a room below us who was running a daycare. Her door was open with a gate in place and 3 or 4 kids hanging over it - huh???? This turned out to be no big deal compared to what 3 of my kids saw after attending a midnight movie the night we checked in. Upon returning to our rooms just after 2AM they got to see a man picking up a prostitute in the parking lot - wonderful!!!!

The next morning I took my other two kids to get some of the "complimentary" breakfast - ugh! There was little waffle batter left and the front desk person seemed reluctant to bring out more. When we returned to our room I learned that a maid had opened the door to one of our rooms even though both rooms had "Do Not Disturb" signs on them - huh again?????

This was easily the worst lodging experience and about the only positive I can point out is that I received all but $25 in refund for the two rooms for the second night. My family was so eager to leave we packed our bags and loaded the car in less than 15 minutes. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Everything you could ask for to make your stay comfortable at a price that makes your wallet comfortable. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2009

i want you all to know that this hotel is very nice place to stay while you are in town. it is very close to shopping and activites. my family and i have lived here for almost 4 years. we had some very unfortuante events that led us here to stay. they are very fiendly and understading. they do try in every way to help you. and go out of their way to make sure that you have a clean room and that your stay is pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2009

My fiance' is an Army Sergeant, and i am a middle school teacher. He is sometimes stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood. The hotel is only about 1 hour from the base, and about 3 hours from me. We have received generous discounts due to our careers and numerous stays. We have stayed there during the months of February and March of 2007 until he got shipped out to Korea. He has been back in the states for several months, and is on his way back to missouri the end of this month. Our rooms have always been excellently clean, the service is simply the best, I love their waffles for breakfast, and the staff always goes out of their way to be friendly and make you as comfortable as being at home! We will stay no where else in Springfield! I'll highly recommend it to anyone! I can't wait to get there this month with my two girls, and to also spend private time with my Sweetie! We'll see you guys soon!!!!!
M. R. Simon
Sherwood,Ar

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)