“Andreas Bier” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Wangen, Germany
“Andreas Bier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

The hotel and the team is nearly perfect.Whenever you need some help so the team will help you. The manager and his team is like a family to me and I feel like at home. I have the feeling this hotel is my second home. The bar has a good selection of drinks and the room service is very good.

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean and quiet and safe. I feel like at home
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andreas B
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Mr. Bier,

It is always a pleasure to have you at the hotel, as you always feel like family when you are here. The staff enjoys your company, and we always look forward to your return. Thank you for taking the time in sharing your comments about our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Convenient to interstate access, with a variety of fast food and chain restaurants closeby. The hotel is a dated concept with all rooms situated around an open atrium with another wing towards the back. The hotel has been refurbished, and indeed the rooms are decorated very tastefully, rooms definitely a step above most Holiday Inns. Rooms were very spacious, with a small sitting area also available. Public facilities as well as rooms were very clean. It appeared there may be a cocktail area in the atrium but it looked to be closed, as well as the hotel restaurant—not sure if it was open or not! All staff I encountered were very friendly. Because of the layout of the hotel, be prepared for a rather long walk from the lobby up to your room. Overall, it was a short and pleasant stay, and I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RobNewYorkCity
Thank you for taking the time in leaving your comments from your recent stay with us. We appreciate you letting us know how we are doing, glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please stay with us next time you are in town, possibly next trip you could stay a bit longer and enjoy some of our amenities in the hotel.
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

I paid $53 plus tax. Upon arrival, I was able to request 2 doubles and non-smoking in a hallway. Breakfast was not included. It was a Monday night, so not much going on. The Atrium style does lend itself to noise. Even being off into a hallway, I could still here the doors slamming and people talking, but this is a hotel and that's usually just how it is. The room was remodeled and it looked fine to me. The hot water did take a long time to get to the sink, but I learned to work around that. The in-wall heater did not have a thermostat and it was kinda loud, but I didn't need it since the weather was decent. No microwave or fridge, but you can request if needed. Internet was free. I parked in the huge lot in the back (free parking) and was able to see my car from the window. The outside is well-maintained and it's located in an area of many hotels and restaurants but far enough from the highway that you don't get truck noise. Bed was fine, pillows fine. Checked out the pool area and it looked nice enough. Heat was on in the pool and if I had kids, they would have enjoyed it. There was a very small jacuzzi as well. I would stay hear again for the price.

Room Tip: ask for a hallway if possible in case there is an event in the Atrium and you have a low noise toler...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank M B
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Glad to know you found a great deal on your hotel room from Priceline, as sometimes there are last minute deals out there! Happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for taking the time for such a detailed review. We enjoy hearing about our guest experiences and how we can improve in certain areas and it's also nice to hear about the good things that we are doing for our guests as well. Thank you again for reviewing our property, and glad to hear that you will be back on your next visit to town.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is a very nice, albeit older, property. I saw nothing that begged updating and appreciated the look and overall feel of this hotel. I had a lovely room that met my needs. The only oddity was that the bath light switches were not right inside the door but around the past the door and near the sink. Nothing too terrible since the switch was lighted. I appreciated the coffee available in the lobby as I was headed out early and didn’t have time for breakfast. The location is very close to and accessible to I-44. I would gladly return.

Room Tip: I was near the front of the hotel but didn't hear a bit of noise
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EnjoyTravelAlways
We appreciate the time you took to review our hotel from your most recent stay in Springfield, MO. It is always nice to hear good comments from satisfied guests. Thank you for staying with us, as we know there are many choices when making a decision of where to stay. Glad to know that you will return on your next visit in town. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you again.
Greenwood, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

This was our 2nd time to stay here. The first time our car was broken into windshield smashed but we decided to stay again because of the location hoping for a better experience. They have updated the interior which is pretty, but the atrium design means noise. The bed was very comfortable and the room clean and spacious. Pool was closed and we should have been told that when we booked since we were meeting grandkids there who we had promised a pool. Don't think I would stay again just because of the noise level. Nothing really bad and nothing really good.. just average.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for giving our hotel a second chance from your first experience, as you can see we are doing things around the hotel to make everyone's experience a better one which includes the complete renovation of our pool area and fitness facilities. Please contact me directly to make your next stay more memorable, as they say 3rd time is a charm! Communication is deifinitely something that is important, and I agree with you, you should have been notified of the renovation of our pool area. Hopefully we communicated to you upon check in, that we did indeed have an alternative option for a pool for all of our guests that we did shuttle to and from for those that wanted to swim.
Plantation, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I had business in Springfield and chose this Holiday Inn which is less than 15 minutes from the airport and minutes away from the businesses I had to visit. The staff is EXTREMELY friendly and, as a Platinum, Priority Club member, I was upgraded to a suite. The room was spacious and comfortable... and QUIET. Although it is an older property, it has been updated and the room rate was very reasonable. If you are coming to the Springfield area, this is a good choice.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank suprselr02
Thank you very much for taking the time and giving us feedback from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn I-44 in Springfield, MO. Glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your return visit next time you are in town for business or pleasure. If there is anything that I can personally do for you next visit, please let me know.
Joplin, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

My family stayed here one night while visiting friends in the area. We got it through the name-your-price option on Priceline for $50. To be honest, I wouldn't spend more than that on this room. It's been cosmetically updated, but you can tell the room (and hotel) is old. The rooms open to an interior atrium, which, if there are any crowds or loud groups in the atrium everyone will be able to hear it.

The room does not come with a refrigerator or microwave, which was unfortunate since we're traveling with a baby. However, my husband did ask the front desk upon check-in if we could get one and they did accommodate. There is also no breakfast included.

Personally, I think this hotel is riding on the Holiday Inn reputation and their conference business. For a priceline deal, it wasn't bad, but I wouldn't stay here otherwise.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RedHeadedGidget
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Thank you for your response to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites. I would like to share that we are an atrium style hotel that is over 30 years old, but with nice renovations our rooms look great. When we hold events in our Atrium with large crowds we always limit the event to end by 9:00pm to not inconvenience our guests. Our standard rooms do not come with a refrigerator or microwave, however upon request and availability we do provide a refrigerator delivered to your room at no extra cost, and there is a microwave available to all of our guests in the business center as well. Being a full service Holiday Inn, we do have a restaurant on site and offer breakfast as an option to be included with your room rate if you do choose or keep the lower rate without breakfast, your choice. Once again, thank you for your response and bringing up valid points that our future guests would like to know about. Come see us again next time you visit Springfield, as we enjoyed having you as our guest.