“Beautiful Building and bang for buck”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44
Ranked #34 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
“Beautiful Building and bang for buck”
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful. The atrium is just gorgeous from floor to ceiling. Nice Pool and Gym area, though hot tub was out of service during our stay (water in it was ice cold).
Our room was spacious and comfortable, although some sound proofing may not be a bad idea for adjoining rooms that are not being utilized (crying infant next door). Fantastic beds and pillows, Bathroom water pressure was AWESOME. Overall a great stay for the price. Will visit again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and taking the time posting your comments. Sorry that the hot tub was out of service during your stay, but the good news is it is back up and running. Hope to see you on your next trip to Springfield. Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Doniphan, Missouri
Reviewed 11 September 2013

we stopped here to stay but since they didn't have the pay preview movies that are still on at the theaters we told them we would stay somewhere else. the lady at the desk asked if we would like for her to call around and check for other hotels with that available. i was totally surprised. i have never seen a hotel suggest another hotel. she found us one, got us reservations and even gave us directions. very pleased. thanks Holiday Inn for being so helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ksrudd1962
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for the compliment about the excellent service, but we do have pay perview movies in our rooms. I apologize for you getting false information, I will make sure everyone is aware that some of the pay per view movies are still in theatres...which some associates may not know that. Thank you again for the comments, and for bringing this to our attention.
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Professional courteous staff. Beautiful updated motel. Convenient ice and vending. Nice clean room. Convenient location. This hotel was an unexpected treat for a one night stay. We did not use the restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank William W
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us online, we appreciate your response. Glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will share you comments with our staff members. Hope to see you return on your next visit to Springfield, maybe next time you can dine with us and experience our new menu in our restaurant.
Clinton, Arkansas
Reviewed 19 July 2013

last time we stayed we were heading back to Arkansas the hotel from check in to check was wonderful nice lobby did not use the pool so I cant comment on it overall I would stay here again next time I am in the area

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Elevatorboy123
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Spencer D,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience from your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and always look forward to your return visit next time you are in town.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

For a hotel that advertises as renovated , I would hate to have seen it before , not once from the time we walked in did anyone lift their heads to acknowledge us , the other thing is I'm sure there was animals in our room , I'm asthmatic and from the time I arrived I was using all types of medication . Not impressed , as for the brick pillows. Pathetic. Then not a single Mirror for dressing. Only the bathroom. Thanks but no thanks

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Shellsdbn
Sorry to hear about your experience during your most recent stay at our property, as I apologize that we didn't meet your expectations. I thank you so much for sharing your comments, and I will be looking into the specific details you mentioned so we can get them corrected immediately. Holiday Inn does offer two different type of pillows in every room, one set being soft and the other set firm, so I am not sure what happened with the pillows. If you do decide to stay with us again in the future please contact me directly so we can ensure your next stay is excellent. Thank you again.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My 8-year-old daughter and I stayed here, along with my parents, for one night while traveling back to Texas. In the interest of full disclosure, we are Priority Club members, so I am not sure if this affected our treatment at the hotel.

We arrived around 4pm and our room was ready. The front desk staff were very pleasant and the check-in process was quick.

Our room, a king suite, was spacious and clean. I slept on the fold-out couch (my daughter camped in with her grandparents on the king size bed!) and found it, shockingly, to actually be comfortable! This is a first - I've slept on pull-outs at Disney, the one place on earth you'd expect comfort, and found this one to be BETTER.

Despite the fact that there was a religious convention at the hotel, we never heard a peep. Our room was super quiet (even facing the street!), bright with the curtains open but very dark and peaceful with the blackout shades drawn.

Overall we had a very nice experience, found the staff to be very accommodating (delivered extra pillows with a smile, always had a cheerful "hello" when we entered) and the hotel and rooms are quite lovely.

As an added bonus, it is within walking distance of a Cracker Barrel - just in case you don't feel like eating at the hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: The 5th floor king suites are tucked away off the main hallways - VERY quiet!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent trip to Springfield. It is always nice to hear such great comments from our guests. We always strive to deliver excellent customer service, and delighted to know that you had such a wonderful time while staying at our hotel. Hope to see you again on your next trip, thank you again for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor so others can see what a great hotel and staff we have.
chicago
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Our family stayed one night and the service was good. Arrived about 2pm and our room was ready. I didnt realize the hotel was so large. Traveling with my elderly grandfather who has difficulties walking long distances we had requested a room on the main floor or close to an elevator and we were on the 4th floor quite a distance from the elevator. We brought along my grandfather's wheelchair though so it was ok. check in was smooth, we were directed where to park so that it was closer to our room, We booked a 2 room family suite. it was clean, spacious, beds were comfortable. there was one bathroom with nice amenities, bath and body works brand toiletries, a handicap accessible shower and jacuzzi tub. only 2 chairs to actually sit down on but we weren't really in the room too much. the pool was indoor and there was a hot tub. very nice. I'm a Priority member so I received a complimentary drink coupon in the bar. service there was fast. we used the coffee pot and cups right away and called down to request more. staff was very quick at bringing replenishments. Breakfast the following day was pretty good. Only 8 dollars per person for the buffet. I think. it was a good selection and was convenient but there are a number of places along the same place if you're interested in exploring. The only thing my husband was disappointed in was the TV channel choices. We are not normally big tv fans but we stayed during the BlackHawks playoffs and being from Chicago area he wanted to watch the game. The game was playing on a cable channel that the hotel didnt offer. Apple bees down the street had it though :) All in all a good stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank newtoy
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our property, as we do value guest feedback. It is nice to hear that overall you had a good stay with us, and from your comments I will pass along to our staffmembers where we could improve. The channel selection in which you are speaking of would be CBS Sports, which broadcasted some of those hockey games, and we are looking into making a few channel selection changes of which that is one channel I would like to see in our rooms as well. Thank you for letting us know how we are doing, as we do our best to make each stay memorable and enjoyable, while giving excellent customer service.