“Hotel Review”

Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Summit, New Jersey
“Hotel Review”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Very comfortable and oversized extremely clean rooms. Staff was very attentive.Early morning limited free breakfast Close to major highways. Great for families. Many choices for shopping and dining in the close area

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
We appreciate you sharing your experience with others, as we value guest feedback greatly. Glad that you had a positive experience and were comfortable in our clean guest rooms. Compared to alot of hotels our guest rooms are spacious. Please visit us on your next trip to Springfield.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Farmington, Iowa
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The physical hotel appears fine but once we got in things were down hill. First you have to pull or push your luggage cart up a ramp to get to the elevators which is a real bummer. Once we got in the room it seemed fine until we tried the TV which didn't work. I went down to the front desk and they called a maintenance guy who gave me some clues about how to make it work. Come to find out someone, probably the maid, had shut off the input to the TV. It would come on and light up but you could not change channels with the remote or on the TV. I finally did get the TV fixed but by then it was the 4th quarter of the game I wanted to watch. In the morning our bill was under the door as usual but it was the incorrect rate. We had checked in with another couple and their bill was correct. I told the lady at the front desk about the problem when we checked out and she proceeded to fix it. The difference was only $12.00 and I was about to tell her to just forget it but she finally did come up with what she said was the reduced bill. Well, then I looked at the bill and it was $24.00 more than the first incorrect one! I showed her the problem and after about 10 more minutes I had a corrected bill. On the plus side, Paul at the bar was very pleasant and although we will not stay there again we may stop in and have a drink at the bar.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and please accept our apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay. I am glad to hear that your problems did get fixed during your stay, although I understand the inconvenience of having to deal with. If you are in town again, please contact me directly so we can show you what a great property we have to offer, and I will make sure you get a great rate. Knowing that you have difficulties going up a ramp or 4 stairs, our staff member should have let you know that we do have an alternative entrance on the south side of our building that brings you in right by the elevator without having to battle a ramp or stairs. Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Bridge of Earn
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed one night here during a trip along Route 66. Many thanks to Jeff Long who upgraded us to a suite as it was our anniversary during this trip. This was by far the most spacious rooms that we stayed in during our holiday. Jeff also dropped us off at a restaurant we we enjoyed an excellent meal, although he offered to pick us up we managed to find our way back. We would definitely recommend this hotel and the excellent customer service that we received.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Glad to know that I could be of assistance on your trip to Springfield. Thank you for sharing such nice comments, as we try our best to provide excellence in Customer Service. Glad we could make your recent stay an enjoyable one, and look forward to your return to Springfield one day. Thank you for staying with us!
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Nice hotel and close to the interstate.

The staff is always very pleasant and attentive and rooms are quite nice and well maintained. A couple of times we've experienced noise from the adjoining room, but this is when we're in a room with doors (closed) between the rooms. If there's no communicating door, no sound problem.

The only drawback for us is the lack of a free breakfast. We stay mostly at Marriott properties which generally have free breakfast, so a charge for breakfast is a negative for us.

Room Tip: Get a room without communicating doors to an adjoining room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
We appreciate your return business, thank you for sharing your comments. Being a full service Holiday Inn the Breakfast is not included with the rate, but we do offer a "Best for Breakfast" rate for just a few dollars more for those travellers that would like the breakfast built into the rate. Next time you are travelling through just inquire about our breakfast rate, which typically brings our rate up to where the Holiday Inn Express rate is, alot of times guests are not aware that our daily rate is typically lower than the Holiday Inn Express, since we do not include breakfast and once we add the breakfast rate on there... rates are very competitive, and you get a full service restaurant for the same cost!
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed here for National volleyball tournament. Decent hotel, seems like its an old facility though. Big, clean rooms. Full service restaurant $7-8 range with basic $8 buffet. Nice litte bar lounge. Good price for basic accomodations.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Glad to host everyone for the National Volleyball Tournament. We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your comments on Trip Advisor and look forward to your return next trip to Springfield. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do in the future to make your stay more comfortable.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed for one night on a Friday with a bus full of passengers. The hotel was full, and didn't quite look like maybe they had enough staff. Check in went fairly quickly, as there was a car show in town. Lots of noise outside, which probably wouldn't be a problem if not for the car show. One bad thing about the hotel was an odd odor in my room. Can't really say it was mold or mildew smell, but it was unpleasent none the less. If I was staying more than one night, I would have asked for a different room. The other bad thing was the comfort of the bed. Very hard, and didn't sleep well at all. But the overall appearance of the place was nice and the room appeared clean. Staff did seem to be very friendly. No continental breakfast, but they did have a full service restaurant. That is a deal breaker for a lot of travellers. But Steak N Shake right next door. Less expensive than the hotel restuarant.

Room Tip: The west side is the main street and the north side is the interstate.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, as we appreciate guest feedback both positive and negative. I will share your comments with our staff members. If you are ever staying with us again, and experience any problems...please reach out to a member of our staff, as anyone on staff should be able to assist you with whatever needs may arise. Thank you once again for your comments, and look forward to your return at our hotel next time in Springfield.
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful. The atrium is just gorgeous from floor to ceiling. Nice Pool and Gym area, though hot tub was out of service during our stay (water in it was ice cold).
Our room was spacious and comfortable, although some sound proofing may not be a bad idea for adjoining rooms that are not being utilized (crying infant next door). Fantastic beds and pillows, Bathroom water pressure was AWESOME. Overall a great stay for the price. Will visit again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and taking the time posting your comments. Sorry that the hot tub was out of service during your stay, but the good news is it is back up and running. Hope to see you on your next trip to Springfield. Thanks again.