“I'm a platinum member, but felt like that didnt matter...”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44
Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Harrisville, Utah
“I'm a platinum member, but felt like that didnt matter...”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This visit was bad from the start! This was the first Holiday Inn I have gone to where they didn't include breakfast for Platinum members. I asked the front desk agent and he said he could change my rate for an extra $5.00 to include breakfast. Really? It only got worse from there. My room was upgraded, but the temperature was controlled by something that was put in back in 1970 cause there was no way to tell what the room temp was. And then there were parts of the room that were cold, warm and some hot. It was terrible. The location is bad and not close to anything for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The only thing good about this place was the gym. At least they had some good cardio and weights. That was not enough for me. I checked out the next day and stayed somewhere else. I would not suggest to anyone that they stay here. If you have to drive 30 minutes to stay somewhere else then just do it. Hopefully some of the other options in town are available. If not, I would still not stay here. This place is in a need of a major upgrade!! Cosmetically/Renovation and Customer Service/Rewards wise as well.

Room Tip: Here is a tip, select a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear RussDizzle,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We deeply regret to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I've stayed here for the second time and each time it has been really comfortable, clean and excellent service. The fitness center has plenty of equipment, the front desk staff is professional and friendly and the hotel itself is kept in excellent condition.

Room Tip: The king size room was excellent, it provides plenty of room when you have guests stopping by.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
We appreciate your response to your positive stay with us, as we put alot of effort into ensuring not only guest satisfaction, but a nice quality clean hotel room with added hotel amenities from our restaurant and lounge. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we look forward to your return in the future.
Mountain View, Missouri
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Hotel was gorgeous each room was facing an atrium with a lounge and a waterfall! Room service was perfect and staff was friendly - BUT we had booked through Priceline and called ahead and requested a King size bed which we did get upon checking in however the only one they could offer us was a handicap accessible one.... There was no tub and the shower left water pouring onto the bathroom floor! As I stated before, the room service was excellent EXCEPT when we called back to say we were done with our dishes they said they would be "right up" to pick them up and no one ever showed up! Also stayer be warned that if you book through Priceline the hotel charges you and extra 50.00 deposit that they don't tell you about! We had left the hotel and checked our bank account, saw the charge and called to inquire about it and was told it would be reversed on our statement in 1-3 business days - Something they should make you aware of, not something you should have to find out on your own!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us here on TripAdvisor, we appreciate the time it takes to share comments online. I will definitely pass your comments along to our staff to ensure that we are properly explaining that we would need a credit card just for incidentals, which we would authorize and not charge upon check in. For some it may work out better to put down a cash deposit, and get back whatever is not used the next morning, ensuring there is no hold on your account. Each bank is a little different when it comes to how long the authorization would stay pending on your account. Thank you for pointing that out, and hopefully in the future it will be explained a little more so our future guests are aware.
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This Holiday Inn Express was very nice with a good staff and clean rooms. My room was beyond satisfactory and was great for my one night stay. The hotel was very conveniently placed, would definitely recommend to other travelers!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here, as I agree that we have a nice clean property with such an amazing staff! Please come visit us again on your next trip to Springfield.
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was in the city for work so a friend has suggested this hotel. Easy access of I-44 so I couldn't resist! After a day on the road I wants someplace to get to easily and this for the bill! A very friendly staff welcomed me and made sure I was taken care of. Huge center to the hotel which gives a bigger feel to the hotel. Restaurant made me a sandwich near closing that I took to my room which was greatly appreciated! Nice pace to stay and I'd go back for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience, and glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate the time you took in posting comments to share with our future guests. Yes we are one block south of I-44 from exit 80 on Glenstone, which makes it really convenient for travellers getting to and from the hotel.
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Very comfortable and oversized extremely clean rooms. Staff was very attentive.Early morning limited free breakfast Close to major highways. Great for families. Many choices for shopping and dining in the close area

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
We appreciate you sharing your experience with others, as we value guest feedback greatly. Glad that you had a positive experience and were comfortable in our clean guest rooms. Compared to alot of hotels our guest rooms are spacious. Please visit us on your next trip to Springfield.
Farmington, Iowa
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The physical hotel appears fine but once we got in things were down hill. First you have to pull or push your luggage cart up a ramp to get to the elevators which is a real bummer. Once we got in the room it seemed fine until we tried the TV which didn't work. I went down to the front desk and they called a maintenance guy who gave me some clues about how to make it work. Come to find out someone, probably the maid, had shut off the input to the TV. It would come on and light up but you could not change channels with the remote or on the TV. I finally did get the TV fixed but by then it was the 4th quarter of the game I wanted to watch. In the morning our bill was under the door as usual but it was the incorrect rate. We had checked in with another couple and their bill was correct. I told the lady at the front desk about the problem when we checked out and she proceeded to fix it. The difference was only $12.00 and I was about to tell her to just forget it but she finally did come up with what she said was the reduced bill. Well, then I looked at the bill and it was $24.00 more than the first incorrect one! I showed her the problem and after about 10 more minutes I had a corrected bill. On the plus side, Paul at the bar was very pleasant and although we will not stay there again we may stop in and have a drink at the bar.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and please accept our apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay. I am glad to hear that your problems did get fixed during your stay, although I understand the inconvenience of having to deal with. If you are in town again, please contact me directly so we can show you what a great property we have to offer, and I will make sure you get a great rate. Knowing that you have difficulties going up a ramp or 4 stairs, our staff member should have let you know that we do have an alternative entrance on the south side of our building that brings you in right by the elevator without having to battle a ramp or stairs. Thank you again for sharing your experience.