“A Full Service Hotel with an excellent staff !!!!!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Thornton, Illinois
“A Full Service Hotel with an excellent staff !!!!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

When traveling across the USA, it's always nice to walk into a hotel and be greeted by an awesome hotel staff member who goes out of their way to make your stay rememberable and have you looking forward to coming back. This hotel and staff make you feel welcome from the time you walk thru their doors. The hotel has everything you can want, nice rooms, an excellent restuarant and a lounge that's cozy. All the staff is super friendly and make you feel welcome your whole stay.

Room Tip: I reserved a king size bed suite that was very roomy, clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you so much for your amazing review of our property. This is what we strive for every day, and glad that you could share your comments with others. We work very hard to make every stay enjoyable with friendly staff, and clean rooms. Thank you again, and look forward to your return. See you next time you are in Springfield!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The staff were friendly. The environment was cleaned & and smelled deodorized. The breakfast buffet was very inexpensive with quality fruits and basic offerings. The walls are a little thin. I was on a 3rd floor interior hall, but clearly heard the music from a 1st floor party. The hotel did provide large notice that party music would be going on until 10pm (fair enough). I would stay again if I had business in the area.

Room Tip: The room rate that includes breakfast vouchers for under $145 is a good deal.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your comments with others from your recent stay. On occasion we do have parties in our lower atrium, no later than 10:00pm. Glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast at the restaurant. Please reach out to us again on your next trip to Springfield, we look forward to your return.
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here the last week of May 2014. Excellent location next to I-44 with a Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans and Ziggi's in the immediate area. Check-in was friendly and efficient. Parking was near the elevator and area had good visibility and required a room card to enter the building. Pool and spa were on the small side. Nice work-out room. The sports bar staff were friendly and selection was ok for a small facility--no 'munchies' to go with the drinks. There was only one working elevator and since we were on the fifth floor there was a bit of a wait but we planned for it. Maid service was slow--by mid-afternoon our room had not be made--even though we did not request the linens to be changed. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: This is an open center concept hotel. We had a room in the corner away from the elevators which mad...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others during your recent travels through Springfield. I will be sharing your comments with our staff, to ensure we can improve in areas that you mentioned in your review as well as complimenting those that provided excellent service. Good news is our elevators should be back to working better than ever by the end of this month. Glad that we could provide a nice clean room with great service, and just as happy that you shared this with others as well.
Central California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for a motorcycle event the first week of May. Overall we found the hotel to be nicely appointed, check-in was nice even at 2 am and the room was comfortable, bed & pillows were good and plenty of towels. We did not use the dining facilities, sports bar or pool so I can't comment on those. Parking was good. I noted that many airline crews stayed here, which is a good indication of the hotel's reputation. Excellent location next to I-44 and a Cracker Barrell!

There were only 2 issues of worth noting; there is only one working elevator and by reading the other comments, this has been a long standing repair not performed by the hotel. Secondly, do NOT stay in a room by the elevator. Our door was directly across from it and when people spoke, they might as well have been in your room, which is irksome at 5 am.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
We appreciate your visit to Springfield, and happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay, and not only do we value guest feedback, but also ensure any issues that may have happened get resolved in a timely manner. Unfortunately with the elevator issue, this is not a quick fix, although the problem has been addressed, it will be towards the end of this month before our elevators will be both running like brand new. We apologize about this issue and regret nothing can be done in a more timely manner, but glad this problem is close to coming to an end. Thank you again, and we hope this doesn't deter you from coming back and staying at a first class hotel, with an excellent staff providing such great service.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I had to make a reservation on the fly and my room was ready right away. The only issue I had was that instead of queen beds they only had rooms with two full size beds. Would not have been a problem but my wife is a bed hog. LOL

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
We appreciate the time you took in sharing your comments online, as we value our guest feedback. Glad that you enjoyed your visit with us at our property and look forward to your next trip to Springfield. For your next trip try staying in one of our King bedrooms that would have a sofa sleeper if you had extra guests in your room.
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Nice location. Very clean hotel. Nice staff. Comfortable and clean. Very close to the main highway, but very quiet. I thought it was rather pricy since we didn't get there til late, but others around them were sold out, so no choice. Beds were very comfortable. Slept well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for taking the time and sharing your comments online. Please visit us again on your next trip in town.
Harrisville, Utah
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This visit was bad from the start! This was the first Holiday Inn I have gone to where they didn't include breakfast for Platinum members. I asked the front desk agent and he said he could change my rate for an extra $5.00 to include breakfast. Really? It only got worse from there. My room was upgraded, but the temperature was controlled by something that was put in back in 1970 cause there was no way to tell what the room temp was. And then there were parts of the room that were cold, warm and some hot. It was terrible. The location is bad and not close to anything for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The only thing good about this place was the gym. At least they had some good cardio and weights. That was not enough for me. I checked out the next day and stayed somewhere else. I would not suggest to anyone that they stay here. If you have to drive 30 minutes to stay somewhere else then just do it. Hopefully some of the other options in town are available. If not, I would still not stay here. This place is in a need of a major upgrade!! Cosmetically/Renovation and Customer Service/Rewards wise as well.

Room Tip: Here is a tip, select a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear RussDizzle,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We deeply regret to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D