“Great place!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Berryville, Arkansas
“Great place!!!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I certainly are enjoying our stay! Servers Kathy and Heidi were great in assisting us at breakfast. The food we ate cooked by Rick and Jerry was delicious. The only negative thought was a king size that would squeak when I would move at night.

• Stayed May 2014
Robert H, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Receiving feedback from our guest enables us to improve while being able to accommodate all of our guests a little better upon each visit. Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have stayed at the University Plaza many times. It is always a great experience. The rooms are lovely, the staff is courteous and helpful and pool and hot tub are excellent. The best part of my stay is the full buffet breakfast...included in the price of the room. The wonderful chefs, Rick and Jerry prepare an extensive and delicious breakfast that includes eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, fruit and pastries...all perfectly prepared. Kathy and Heidi were helpful and attentive in the dining area. What a wonderful way to start the day! UP is a top notch hotel for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen V
Robert H, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center while you were in Springfield. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them especially the restaurant team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town. If I can do anything for you during your next visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to call me.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This past weekend I was in town coordinating a wedding. While staying at University Plaza there were two staff members that always went above and beyond for not only myself but the remainder of the wedding guests lodging here. Caitlin and Jared should be recognized for their efforts to always making sure we were in the rooms needed and relaying necessary information to our guests within the block. I wish I could say the same about all of the staff but several front desk associates were less than helpful and one was often rude.

Please be sure to recognize Caitlin and Jared for their efforts, they were the highlight of several people's stay. I would do what is needed to model all associates after their performances.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rebekah C
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and positive rating from your recent stay at the University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center! It was our pleasure to host you and we are thrilled to hear that Caitlin and Jared exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to your return!
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We booked a king sized bed. When we arrived all the king bed rooms were taken. So we were upgraded to a suite. Very nice! The next day for breakfast I did not care for their coffee, which is not fresh brewed. I talk to Kathy in food service about the coffee and she asked if I like strong, dark coffee. I do and It so happens that they have fresh coffee in their conference center, which is strong and dark. She went and got my wife and I a pot and then checked back later to see if we needed more. I very much appreciated the fresh coffee, her great attitude and smile. What a great way to start the day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert H, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent trip as well as he service Kathy provided. We are very fortunate to be centrally located in downtown Springfield, where everything is within walking distance. "Great location and very friendly staff," what more can we ask for in a review?
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I enjoyed once again, one of the best hotel's breakfast in Springfield, Excellent choices, delicious food, and Heidi went out of her way to make sure my husband and I had everything we needed. We will stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014
Robert H, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
We are so delighted that you had a wonderful experience with us at the University Plaza Hotel. Your comments about Heidi reflect the kind of service we strive to give each of our guest’s everyday, from the moment you pull up to the hotel to the time of check out and driving away, we give 110% luxury service.

Thank you again for your stay and your kind words, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Funny, one of the biggest things that I recall from our stay last week was the smell...GREAT! Seriously, not a "gee, this place has been overcleaned" smell, but almost flowery. Lovely.

Seriously, from the front desk staff (very nice, didn't make me feel bad for Pricelining the room), to the breakfast (included and a huge amount of choices) to the open atrium, just a great visit. Pool was small and packed with kids, but I did hit the workout room in the morning - recumbent bike, weight machine, and elliptical, all in good shape. Room was very nice.

WISH we would have known that this hotel is RIGHT across the street from the minor league baseball park. Had we realized this, we would have planned to arrive a bit earlier and hit the game that was being played that night.

Thumbs up University Plaza Hotel.

Room Tip: It was kind of fun to be able to look out & see the lights of the minor league ballpark across t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Robert H, General Manager at University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and I am happy that our staff was able to make your experience with us enjoyable.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again when you are visiting Springfield.
Licking, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were in the area for the Women In Business Spring Expo. The rooms exceeded what we were expecting. Wonderful, relaxing surroundings were just what we needed after a long day! Would highly recommend to anyone traveling to the area............we'll be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
We do hope that you will find your way back to Springfield and to the University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center sometime soon.

We hope to see you again soon!