“Great place, excellent price, super friendly staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Amsterdam
“Great place, excellent price, super friendly staff”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We had a very late check-in due to a delayed flight, but the welcome we got at the check-in desk was so uplifting that it nearly made me forget about the bad day I had experienced.
The warm cookie we got was a very nice surprise, not to mention a delicious one.
The place was very clean, and the room was very very nice. We were there right in the middle of a children's soccer tournament, so the place was packed with yelling kids. On top of that there was a wedding going on Saturday in the hotel too. And a band in the lobby. But all went quiet around 10 pm. The location is excellent, with plenty of restaurants of all sorts nearby, and a Walmart right across the road in case you needed something. This came in very handy.
The only thing about the room we didn't quite like was the bed. It was soft and lumpy, resulting in both of us having a back ache all weekend.

Room Tip: Make sure the airconditioning is turned off when you go to sleep, or it will come on LOUDLY in the m...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Kearney, Missouri
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel was the site of the state meeting/convention of a professional society. The room was clean, comfortable, and larger than normal, with complementary wi-fi (not always the case in the higher end hotels). The staff was very efficient and the banquet meals were definitely the best hotel banquet food I've ever had. Those who ordered special diet meals were so pleased that they asked the chef to come out for a bow on the last day. We didn't have time to try out the fitness room or pool, but I assume they were up to the standards of the rest of the hotel. While there are only 2 elevators for the hotel they are fast and no one ever had to wait long for service. The first night we had dinner in Houlihans, the restaurant attached to the hotel, and it was excellent food, with excellent service. I would definitely recommend this hotel for meetings or groups and would guess that it is just as comfortable for families or leisure travel.

Room Tip: I like a room on floor 2 or 3 so I can use stairs instead of elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
RI
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed it. Everyone at the hotel is very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean with nice comfortable bed. I recommend the attached restaurant, the food is great. I did use the pool, water was very warm and clean, half the pool is outside which I thought was a nice touch. I will have to come to this area again and this is where I will stay. Did not see anything better in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
bavaria
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Nice hotel, great breakfast. If you will be needing an air port shuttle, make sure you let them know in advance that you need to be picked up or you could be waiting a long time.

Room Tip: If you will be needing an air port shuttle, make sure you let them know in advance that you need to...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My son and I stayed at the Springfield Doubletree for 2 nights. The check-in staff was friendly and helpful. Of course, my son enjoyed the cookies we received upon arrival! The room was spacious, clean and quiet. The breakfast was wonderful. Lots of variety and the staff were very engaging. The restaurant on property was also quite good. Overall, it was a great experience and we are planning to stay there again in a few weeks.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
lake city, ar
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My Husband and I take buisness trips pretty often to springfield, We had booked a room at the Ramada Oasis, (won't do that again) anyway, we called and Wesley at doubletree got us in immediately with us having no reservation(we cancelled the other one and left). We walked in and it was the most relaxing feel, clean, and my favorite of everything was the BEDS!! AMAZING!!!! THE POOL WAS AWESOME, AND SO WAS THE BIG HOT TUB!! I didn't want to leave. Out of all the hotels we have stayed at, this one was #1. I am very picky, and I highly recommend!!!!! Also, the breakfast was wonderful!!! what other hotel can you go through a buffett, and you feel like your dining.! The service of the hotel and the rooms are 5 star!!!! If you don't stay here, you will regret it. Also, you have to try the restaurant next door!!!! IT IS 5 star too!!!!! Thank you DoubleTree!!! See you soon

Room Tip: Jr. King suite! Very roomy , Loved the bathroom, Quite and Peaceful!!!!The beds are AMAZING!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel this past Friday night. We checked in and were given warm chocolate chip cookies with walnuts which were very good! Our room was decorated very nicely and was very clean. The bed was comfortable. I will say it can get a little noisy due to the way the hotel is made with the rooms wrapping around the lobby. If people are loud in the lobby or walking to their rooms, you will hear it inside your room (or at least we did on the 3rd floor). I didn't have any problems with this during the night though. The only complaint I have is that before I got up that morning, housekeeping knocked on our door. The do not disturb sign was hung outside our room on the door so I was very frustrated that they would bother me while I was trying to sleep. This is not something that should ever happen.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple