“Love This Place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Oklahoma City
“Love This Place”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed here 1 night May 4-5th. The hotel was outstanding from beginning to end.

Check-in:
The check-in process for Hilton Honors members with a reservation is as good as it gets. We were welcomed with fresh baked cookies and handed our room keys. It does not get any better than that.

Lobby:
The lobby was very nice and upscale looking.

Room:
The room was top of the line. It had a modern look and the bed was so comfortable. Everything was so clean and there was plenty of room for the two of us.

Pool/Jacuzzi:
We had a great time in the Jacuzzi. I wish there were more jets and they were stronger but most hotel Jacuzzis don’t have enough jets in them so this one is about standard.

Breakfast:
Our room package included the breakfast buffet at Gracie’s. The food was so good on the buffet line. They even had a chef that cooked us an omelet and pancakes and it was so delicious. The waitress was so nice and she kept my coffee cup full. I regret not going to Houlihan’s for dinner but I will have to go there next time I stay here.

Check Out:
The check-out was great. I turned in the keys and that was it.

Overall:
My overall stay was top notch. They treat military people great at this hotel and have a great military getaway package price. The staff was wonderful and so was everything else. This hotel was so nice that I won’t even look at another hotel when I am in the area again. I can’t wait to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OKCtravelwithme
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for your comments from your recent stay, your kind comments are greatly appreciated. I noted the details of your comments and shared them with our Leadership Team and utilized your details to celebrate service success.
Brian Inman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Cedar Hill, Missouri
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We were greeted by a very friendly staff, and recieved the signature cookie that happened to to be cold, luke warm at best, and recieved our room keys. Looked for a luggage cart and found one (1) of two (2) in the entire hotel. Really, two carts for the entire hotel of how many rooms? Are you kidding me?! Anyway, we got to our room, and it was freezing cold, tried to adjust the temp to no avail, called the desk and they sent maintenance up. The maintenance guys told us that it was an old boiler system and our room had a bad valve of some sort so he opened the hot water valve for our room. We had heat, but no control over the system other than to turn it off or open the windows. Moving on. The bathroom ceiling had a large brown stain over the toilet that looked as though it had been there for a while. We informed the desk of this the next moring at check out. You couldn't miss the stain why didn't housekeeping bring it to the attention of maintenance or management? The wife wanted tea before bed, and discovered one of the tea bags had been partially opened and coffee had been spilled on the packages and stained them. Does housekeeping check this daily, or when ever they feel like it? No clue from here. Also I see no reason why all hotels don't have a micro wave in the room. This one does not but reall should. All of this was brought to the attention of the desk at checkout and the desk clerk was very appologetic and made good on our stay by comping our room. She didn't have to but, I feel
she did the right thing and I would stay at this hotel again. We haqve stayed at this property in the past and had a great time. Management needs to ensure their personnel are doing their jobs.

Room Tip: Go and look at the room before you check in.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Thank you for your comments from your recent stay, we obviously let you down as noted. I want to apologize for the issues you encountered with the HVAC and room cleanliness and will share with our Team to see why this happened. I was glad our Guest Service Agent made it right at check-out and did not charge you for the room.
Alton, Iceland
Reviewed 3 May 2013

A very clean and well kept hotel. There was some sort of event in the lobby which was rather loud, but had ended by 10 p.m. so it did not disturb my sleep but may have other guests. I have stayed here before and never had any issues, and the staff is always very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank you for your comments from your recent stay, I will share them with our Team. It is rewarding to see you noticed the cleanliness of the entire Hotel and the attention to detail.
kansas city, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2013

stays here are always nice. you can count on a trouble free clean place to stay and the cookie is awesome. has a nice restaurant and breakfast is good too. free internet is a nice amenity and works ok.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your great comments from your recent stay, I will share your comments with our Team. I especially enjoyed the comments about our Houlihan's and Gracie's Restaurant dining experiences.
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night on a business trip. Overall, hotel was nice, typical for a Hilton hotel. Clean, good service, nice rooms, above average toiletries. The room was 170 per night which is not what I would call a great value, considering we were in the middle of nowhere Mo.
I did not really have a chance to venture off hotel property due to the lack of time. Nothing is easy to walk to from the hotel unless you want to risk being pancaked to the road by a car. The hotel sits on a busy roadway. The views are not particularly nice, our room overlooked the Rancho motel which was across the highway.
The hotel does have a nice pool and adequate fitness center. There is a Houlihan's that is attached to the hotel which is a huge bonus-food is great and convenient. Also they offer a full buffet breakfast in the hotel, not included with room price but is well worth the extra couple of dollars.
The in room coffee pot was a bust, I found a mysterious chunk of something hard in the tea that I brewed (ew). And finally, with the exception of Houlihan's patio, there is no outdoor seating that I could find.
Overall, good solid hotel experience. Given the chance, I would most likely stay here again! Hope this review is helpful!

• Stayed April 2013
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton for you business trip to the Springfield area. We work hard to provide our guests a special stay and enjoyed you comments regarding our breakfast restaurant, Gracie's and our attached Houlihan's restaurant.
Monroe, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Amid a strip of similar value hotels and franchise restaurants, The DoubleTree is by far the best. Has everything a simple road warrior needs. The staff is friendly on all levels, and not just the ones who have to be. Houlihan's attached to it is decent too.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Malvin K
Thank you for your kind comments, I will share them with our team. We strive to provide our guests the, "little things" that make their stay at the DoubleTree Springfield a special occasion. I look forward to your future visits to the Springfield area.
St. Louis
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Booked three nights for a business trip. Was greeted warmly and professionally by the front desk staff. Upgraded to a suite, which was greatly appreciated. After two less than stellar recent stays at Double Tree properties, this was a welcomed respite. The suite was well appointed (even included a trouser press which was useful). The bathroom was more than adequate, the bed very comfortable, and furnishings were in good repair. Air quality seemed good and temperature control was fine. Breakfast was good. All staff, from front desk to maintenance and housekeeping were all very welcoming.

The only thing I noted to be a negative worth noting were the relatively thin walls (or lack of insulation between rooms). My neighbors were fairly "active" on two of the nights of my stay. I was awakened one night, and my sleep delayed another by their antics. Fortunately for me, but perhaps not her, the activity was short lived. I travel a lot, so this would seem to be the "luck of the draw" regarding who may be staying next door. I'm not sure what the expense would be to try to mitigate noise between rooms, but it may be worth noting.

All in all a great stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again (but I may ask more questions at check-in to inquire about a room adjacent to an unoccupied one).

Room Tip: Stayed on the top floor (10th). Convenient if you are taking advantage of the Executive Level privi...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HHSmith
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Thank you for your great comments rearding your recent business trip to the Springfield area. We hope to be your home away from home and pride ourselves in offering an unique and entertaining experience you can't find in every Hotel.