“Loved it”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Killeen, Texas
“Loved it”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had a great experience with this hotel and the staff. Everybody was friendly and very helpful. Unfortunately we had a toddler with lingering car sickness when we checked in but they were very understanding. Even when we called for fresh bedding and more towels at 2am. The maid even offered to do a load of laundry for us. I really appreciated all the help. We had their breakfast buffet and it was excellent. They will even cook your omelette right in front of you! Because of our positive experience Double Tree will be our hotel of choice every time we are visiting the Springfield area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your great comments from your recent stay, I will share them with the Team. I enjoyed hearing about the positive experiences with our Housekeeper and your enjoyment of the breakfast with our cook-to-order omelets.
Sincerely
Brian Inman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The internet was difficult to sign on to and there was only one elevator and no breakfast. The windows whistled with the wind and something on the roof banged all night. The main problem is that the place is overpriced for the quality of the room and there was no breakfast. The breakfast that was offered would have cost much more than at a normal restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments regarding our Hotel not offering free breakfast, I apologize that this lowered your experience. The DoubleTree by Hilton is not a free breakfast concept hotel and I respect your desire to stay at Hotel brands that offer free breakfast with their rooms.
Sincerely, Brian Inman
West Plains, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband I stayed at the DoubleTree for our 6th wedding anniversary. It was just as good as our original staying during our 1st anniversary. :) All of the staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. The only downfall was there was a clicking noise in the a/c unit the first night that woke me up and I'm just so used to my pillows at home, I couldn't make the ones there work for me. Other than that, the stay was incredible. I'd definitely recommend the hotel to friends & family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton for your special day, we are honored you chose us. Happy 6th Anniversary to you both.
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took a mini vacation and we were so pleased with the Doubletree hotel and the staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We found ourselves just hanging out in our room because the room was so comfortable. But more importantly, and the deciding factor to return, it was clean. We also ate breakfast there every day of our stay (three) and we were very happy with that too. The food was good and the restaurant staff made a point to remember us. Every one of the staff made us feel special and like we were the only ones that mattered. I have to travel a lot for business and this was one of the best hotels I have stayed in and we are ready to go back. So we are already planning our next trip. We would like to thank you Doubletree of Springfield for making our mini vacation so memorable.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton as your mini vacation destination, I enjoyed your positive comments. I will share your great comments regarding your breakfast experience and how this made your stay even better.
st. louis, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Dear Fellow Travelers, It you want the very best Hotel in Springfield, MO? Go to the DoubleTree where service is King and the rooms are clean. The Food is delicious and the folks are the friendliest!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank yoiu for your great comments and recomendations.
Sincerely
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Overall a good stay, few problems with check-in and rooms but friendly staff and clean accommodations. Freshly made eggs in the morning, really hit the spot before a long travel day. A little noisy on the upper levels and the elevator had a long wait due to the other one being down for maintenance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for your comments, I will share with our Team. I enjoyed your comments on how friendly the staff was and the overall cleanliness. Thank you for being our guest.
Sincerely, Brian Inman
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Overall the hotel is just okay. If you are staying at this hotel as a family you should keep in mind that there is no free breakfast. A restaurant is attached to the hotel, but is rather expensive for a family. I originally booked a room with two double bed, but got put in a room with one king bed (keep in mind I have four children under the age of nine), I asked each day during our three night stay to be moved to a room with double beds but they could not accommodate.
The hotel itself has been given a face-lift, but certainly not a remodel, the building is showing its age and is not the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. Overall, this hotel was quiet enough and gave my family a decent place to stay, but it is just okay and in my opinion high priced for what you get. A family would be better off staying at a different hotel, that cost less and had more amenities, such as free breakfast and free dinner.

Room Tip: The higher floor will provide a better view and more quiet stay. On the second floor I had a view of...