“Nice hotel but a couple issues” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield

DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice hotel but a couple issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

My family reserved three rooms for a relatives wedding. I was carrying my suitcase and hanging clothes. I got all the way to the room and the key didn't work. So I had to make the trek from the 8th floor back to the front desk to get my card rekeyed. I knew that only one of the two elevators was working which made this take even longer. What I didn't know was that my daughter and her husband were stuck on the other elevator. She said they were on there for 15 minutes before someone was able to free the elevator. We weren't late for the wedding but it was very close! The elevator was out of service on Sunday as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your comments from your recent stay, I do apologize for the issues you encounteed with your room key not working and the elevator being down, I understand your frustration.
Brian Inman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Easy location to find, and very nice and unique layout at this hotel. Despite the open lobby layout , my concerns of noise level from the lobby was quickly eradicated once the room door was closed and I was welcomed with silence. Very friendly staff, and great food located in same building at Houlihan's. Would not hesitate to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you John for your great comments from your recent stay, I enjoyed your mention of how friendly our staff was, I will share the comment with our Team.
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

The room was great, and the staff were excellent. Their friendliness and desire to help made everything immensely enjoyable. My son's Wedding Dinner & Reception were held in the ballroom, and EVERYTHING was great !! The attention to every detail, no matter how small, meant a lot.....THANKS!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Brenda J,. for letting us host your Son's Wedding, we are honored to have made the weekend special. I enjoyed your comments about our staff's friendly and willingness to help.
Amarillo, TX, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The luxury of this hotel makes me feel I am on vacation, especially after making a rushed trip to drive to my granddaughter's university in Springfield. I am refreshed when it is time to leave again. (The cookies also help a lot.)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your great comments about your recent stay and how refreshing your experience was. I look forward to your future visits to the Springfield area.
springfield,mo, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel was nice staff was very friendly and helpful, rooms nice and clean but we stayed in room 819 and the beds really need to be replaced the first night my husband and I layed down and both felt like we rolled to the middle . second night we switched to the other bed and the same thing so we had to sleep separate so we didn't feel like sleeping on a hill.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your comments from your stay. I apologize for the issues with the beds, we were able to address and fix the issues after you brought it to our attention. I was glad to see everything else with your stay was great.
Sincerely, Brian Inman
Lees Summit, MO, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We regularly stay at the Double Tree in Springfield, MO, and find it consistent in good quality all around. Our business is often in the north part of town and the location lends itself well to this need.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your loyalty with choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton as your Hotel of choice when visiting the Springfield area.
Eminence, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The carpeted floor in the room was damp, and a heavy layer of dust was in every corner. I was traveling with my 11 month old and had to dust before letting him roam. Yuck. What a disappointment for the Hilton name.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for bringing the issues with your room to our attention, we have addressed it with the Team. I want to apologize to you and your family.