“Decent Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Decent Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at the DoubleTree Springfield on a cross country trip with our dog. The hotel staff was friendly and happy to provide accommodations for our pet. The rooms were adequate but not particularly deluxe. It was a fine place to spend the night on the road but not someplace I would look forward to visiting again - the location is right by the freeway so it's convenient but not what I'd call a "destination."

We reserved a single king room yet we were given a small double and told that it was because we "booked through a third party." For the same reason, I was not able to earn my Hilton Honors points. That was, in my opinion, poor customer service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you William S for your positive comments from your recent stay, I am glad we made your stay enjoyable. I apologize that the Third Party reservation service does not allow Hilton Honors reward program benefits, I would suggest going directly through Hilton or the Hotel to make your reservations next time.
Sincerely
Brian Inman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was my second stay at this Double Tree and it they never let me down. Though, I won't lie, this visit was better than the first. The front desk is so friendly and prompt. The room is spacious and always clean. The housekeeper was absolutely amazing, she left two bottles of water and a nice note stating she hoped we enjoyed our stay. I had breakfast in the hotel cafe and I couldn't really find much to my liking and ended up eating very, very little and so the waitress didn't charge for my meal. Check out is always quick and I've gotten a warm chocolate chip cookie on both of my stays...they're pretty delicious. This is my go to hotel and this will probably remain my go to location for my visits to Springfield.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SMH19761
Binman86, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for making us your "Go To Hotel" when staying in the Springfield area, we are honored to be your first choice. I enjoyed your comments about how friendly the staff was during your stay, I will share with the team.
Sikeston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Always enjoy staying; rooms are large and the beds are very comfortable. One thing--could the carpets be cleaned more? My little kids won't keep their flip flops on in the room and their feet just get black on the bottoms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Christie for being our guest and writing such a great review. We are in the process of cleaning every rooms carpet and have been working down floors each month, your next visit will be perfect.
San Marcos, TX, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

This a great hotel with inside security features and excellent accommodations. We were very happy with the front desk staff and also the closeness of shopping and dining establishments. We would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you David A for noticing our added security features for our guests and how convenient our location is to great dining and shopping.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stay here at least 2-3 times a year and they have continued to offer a quality experience every time! With some properties you can begin to see a gradual downward movement - I am yet to see that here - they continue to upgrade!

1 Thank Eric T
Thank you Eric for noticing our constant commitment to improving our quality and services, I will share your comments with the Team.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have stayed at this property on two different occasions. My experience was positive both times. Rooms are clean and comfortable, and staff is friendly. They have a very nice work-out facility. They offer a very nice breakfast buffet as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your great comments about how clean and comfortable we maintain our hotel. I like your comment about the breakfast buffet in Gracie's and will share with the Team.
Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

A business conference with all the top quality staff and ammenities one could ask for. Gracious staff and very personal and professional staff. Any trip to that area again will definitely be through Double Tree. Shuttles were timely and graciously appreciated. Restaurant was top quality and breakfast service wonderful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Joshua A for your kind comments from your recent stay, we were honored to be the host hotel for the conference. I will share your great comments about Houlihan's and Gracie's Breakfast Restaurant with the Team.