“Staff was unfriendly room needed to be cleaned better...”

Super 8 Springfield North I-44
Ranked #46 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 9 June 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Rooms were nice, what you'd expect for a mid-level motel. Check in clerk at night was pleasant, gave good directions and local information. Room was in good order, amenities were reasonable. Continental breakfast left a lot to be desired, mostly bulk cereals, packaged oatmeal, bulk milk and orange juice, some packaged rolls. No fresh sweet rolls or bagels, no fresh fruit, no hardboiled eggs, no waffles, no scrambled eggs or sausage, etc. I've had plenty better. Parking was adequate, lot well lit.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Checking in the woman at the front desk took a while to get there and she was not friendly at all! Room was okay, there was tape around the air conditioner and the curtains need replacing. The refrigerator had to be moved across the room to be plugged in.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

no one was at the front desk, had to call there, from the lobby to get someone to show up and when a woman showed up she was colossally rude. the sheets smelled like they were from a smoker's room, the bed frame was bent which made it angle down to one of the corners at the feet. the continental breakfast area was not stocked with anything but half a bowl of frosted flakes. the ONLY reason i stayed there was that i had been driving for 14 hours and was exhausted.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lazydays77
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation online with my company credit card for this hotel. When I arrived to check in I told the desk clerk that I would be paying cash rather that putting the cost of the room on the credit card. I was advised that there would be a 50.00 deposit if I paid cash. There was nothing on the internet site for this hotel stating this policy and there were no signs posted anywhere in the lobby advising this policy. I placed a call to the corporate office and filed a complaint. The rep that I spoke with called and spoke to the desk clerk while I was standing there. The desk clerk told the corporate rep the same thing and he would not get the manager to come out and talk with me or call him on the phone.
My problem with this is, this policy should have been posted on the website for this hotel and there should have been signs posted in the lobby with their policy clearly stated.
As a result of this un posted policy, I did not stay at this hotel.
Any policy pertaining to deposit requirements for paying cash at check in should be clearly stated on the website and clear signage posted in the lobby.
I have been a Wyndham Rewards member for 5 years and I have never had this happen. I'm strongly considering cancelling my membership and taking my business elsewhere.
This hotel is on my Do Not Stay List!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Barbara B
Travellers also viewed these Springfield hotels
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springfield
#43 of 51 in Springfield
Best Budget Inn Springfield
Best Budget Inn Springfield
#41 of 51 in Springfield

Been to Super 8 Springfield North I-44? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Springfield North I-44

Address: 3022 N Kentwood Ave, I-44 Exit 80B N Glenstone Ave, Springfield, MO 65803-4414
Region: United States > Missouri > Springfield
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #46 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Price Range: £48 - £63 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Springfield North I-44 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Super 8 Springfield North I-44 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Springfield